Short Films : Short Films

Re: Short Films

Thanks for posting these. I've been going through the links and watching them one by one. 👍

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Some of these are pretty incredible, aren't they? I like the short running times and the production value is very good.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

I'm really enjoying the Automata series atm. I suppose it helps that I'm a short films fanatic, and I especially love animated shorts.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Wasn't that exceptional?

Ooh, if you like animated, I've got one for you saved. Let me dig it out!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Chicka, here, try this one:

list=UU7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA&index=22

I did not see this one coming.

Okay, Chicka, this is for you. Not at al what you think it'll be. It's cute. It's sad, funny, sweet, sad (again) and cute.

list=UU7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA&index=23

Whew, so much to choose from! Today will be spent binge watching all of these.

Thanks so much for the links!

Yes, there are. Hope you get a chance to watch a few. I put an animated one in there for you since you mentioned liking that. They have a couple of animated ones. I watched pretty much all of their videos and have posted the ones I enjoyed the most.

I like that they're such high quality that you're essentially able to watch a mini movie in ten minutes. Many of them have some resounding messages, too.

Enjoy!

Oh, I plan on watching them all! Lol

I like that they're such high quality that you're essentially able to watch a mini movie in ten minutes. Many of them have some resounding messages, too.

It's easier to immerse yourself in the story when the acting, cinematography, and overall production value are top notch. The time and effort those goes into making these short films, results in a pleasant viewing experience for all.

There are actually guest appearances by some well-known, established, famous actors in various episodes as well. There are a number of different directors and writers. Some of these have been turned into films, so they've been picked up by a bigger company.

What's interesting is you can see where some of these reflect some of the current TV or movies (like how many people are saying it's similar to Black Mirror, there are also lots of other correlations).

It's also easy to watch when you know it's a short time frame, so there's not a big time commitment to dedicate.

Some of these have been turned into films, so they've been picked up by a bigger company.

Now that you've mentioned it, I was reminded of this short film which was the inspiration for When A Stranger Calls.:

The Sitter (1977 Short Film)

That was really good. They did a good job of building up the suspense. Dang, good thing she did NOT go up and check on the children!

Something I've always wondered is how does someone phone the same number they're calling from?

list=UU7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA&index=21

Wow, I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since I've been uploading the Short Films. Yikes!

Yep!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

I'm just popping this little doohickie in here, and I'm totally using you for that porpoise. Thought I'd be upfront with that.

Hyperlight

WHOA! Cool film! I LOVE DUST! It's like a cross between Black Mirror and
Love Death and Robots, and I LOVE the short run times!

Thanks so much! YOU are actually the chosen one!

Isn't this channel incredible? I am loving the ones I've come across.

Yes it is! I think it's the best channel ever! Thanks.

I'm glad I found it.

I think I mentioned it before, but there's another short film channel called Omeleto. They're very different, but you still get this short run time that makes them very watchable.

Pretty good variety, too.

list=PL2X2odndvaIcBmB0j3z1plYUwRbd6I9n3&index=14

Gracias!

Dang nabbit! As Sherlock Holmes would sat to Watson: That was a premature ejaculation on my part. (I prematurely wrote, "grassy ass" when I should have saved it for this one!)

If I recall, in all of Doyle's writing, Sherlock "ejaculated" 3 times. (I learned that from watching Q.I. with Stephen Fry. Love that show!)

Bugger, there was something I wanted to ask you.

Oh yeah, I remember now: Have you seen any of the short films by Omeleto? DUST is by far a more high-budget production company, and has a diverse collection of actors and directors, some of them quite famous. My favourite so far is The Candidate (I think that was the name of it….Dang, that episode freaked me out! It was amazing!)

I'll try to find some from Omeleto to post to keep this up on the front page. I really love these short films.

Do you have any favourites so far?

No I haven't seen Omeleto. I'm still trying desperately to see all those on Dust.
No favorites yet.

DRONE: Part 1/4

list=UU7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA&index=36

DRONE: Part 2/4

list=UU7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA&index=18

DRONE: Part 3/4

DRONE: Part 4/4

Thanks!

Here's another one:

Lilith,
Wow! That was so beautiful! I was afraid it was going to end badly, but it didn't. I believe that's the best DUST video I've seen.

It's also very timely. My Aunt just turned 100 on September 1, and we had a big party for her at the senior home. She's in a wheelchair, but still sharp as a tack. Her memory is better than mine.

The only drawback is that she's about 99% blind. I've told her she should have gotten that 100 year warranty on her vision. I love her, and visit her two or three times every week.

It also reminded me of my Mom who passed away in 2007. I love her very much, and think of her often.

Thank you so very much!
MMC2

You're wonderful! I think it's fantastic that you visit so often, and love so very much. Close to your mother, bless her soul, and your grandmother. There was a woman in my life who I always called "Mom" because she was a real Mom to me. She had several severe health issues requiring her to use a wheelchair, and a commode next to her bed, and when I'd stay with her, I remember her kids coming over and actually shaming her about that. This woman had such limited mobility. I'd buy her groceries, and the kids (who worked fully time) would eat her out of house and home.

When she went into the nursing home, she had one son who never even once visited her, and the 2 others who would sometimes pop in. One who "didn't like it there" (DUH, ya think SHE does?) and he'd complain about the smell in there. Her own kids were hardly around for her and it broke my heart. But the fact that I was with her more than her kids when she lived at home towards the end, and that I was with her more than her own son, just breaks my heart.

She passed last year, and for me personally, THAT is what it felt like to truly lose a real parent. She loved me unconditionally, and I, her. ❤

Thanks, but I don't think I'm wonderful, just normal. BTW, it's my Mom and my Aunt. My Aunt is the only one left from that generation. And she's not even a blood relative. She married my Uncle. But she's a wonderful person, and I feel closer to her than some of my actual blood relatives.

Odd that you mention that her son never visited. My Aunt's son (my cousin) only visits her occasionally, less than I do. This makes her sad, but she is so grateful for me because of that. It makes me sad too.

My Mom passed away in 2007. I visited her every day in the Assisted Living Facility where she spent her last nine months.

You were very kind to visit "Mom" in the nursing home.

I'm sorry. You mentioned that clearly in your post (ie: Aunt and Mom). I think I was too wrapped up in my "Mom" story that I just swapped it out. My apologies.

Regardless I STILL think you're wonderful for doing what you do. When I was in rehab after a surgery (the facility is a wing of a nursing home), I would see people come to visit where you could tell they didn't want to be there, the kids were whining to hurry up and go home, and what broke my heart was on two occasions where the kids were just trying to get their parent to "sign the papers" so they could alter the will and get the money. They just cared about getting money from their dying parent.

To be fair, no one knows their backstories, every family is unique unto themselves, but it still made me feel so sad.

In the case of my "Mom," I was the one cleaning her, and helping her, and it didn't bother me in the least because I sincerely love her with all my heart and soul, and I'd do anything for her. She was my first experience of what a real Mom would be like, so my love was natural and it evolved. It bothered me so much to see her own sons be dismissive or turn their nose up at her, or get frustrated because she had such difficulty moving. They'd get frustrated. Not much in the way of understanding. I probably loved her so much because it was my chance to experience a "Mom-and-daughter" type of bond.

PS: Her son didn't visit her, nor did he attend her funeral.

No problemo, and thanks for your kind words. You are obviously a very good person. "Mom" was lucky to have you. It's sad to hear about what people do in these situations, but I have seen it all too often.

So sorry to hear the son did not attend the funeral. I won't speculate on his motives, but that is inexcusable!

I'm visiting my Aunt later today.

👍

I'll check this one out. Thanks.

And this one!

Thanks. Going night night now.

Hehehe

Very nice!

Thanks.

PS This short film is deservedly rated 8.5 on IMDb.

This is one of the best threads ever! Thank you.

I think I need to add some more short flicks to this!

I'm glad you're enjoying them, too.