Short Films : Short Films

Re: Short Films

Oh believe me, there are several I didn't bother posting because they made absolutely no sense, were poorly acted or directed. I picked the ones that seemed at least somewhat interesting, – some better than others. The good ones make up for the very few bad ones. They put out a LOT of content daily and I've been sifting through their whole history.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

They can't all be gems, and the really good ones make it worthwhile sifting
through the chaff. A great web site!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

I think this is where we're headed…

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Unfortunately I believe you are correct.

Holy cow indeed!

I totally did not see that coming!

Did you happen to catch the credits to see who was in it?

Yes! Meghan Markle caught my eye. That's her in the thumbnail.

I don't know her from Adam as the only pictures of her I've seen are the wedding and whatever pops up in my news feed. I'd never heard of her before.

I still can't get over what a terrific performance this was!

Robert Picado is a gem. Always worth watching. The end was appropriate!!

He was wonderful. I kept thinking, "I wonder why the acting is so stellar!" Derp.

These are really addictive.

I'm not quite sure if I understand what is going on in "Memoir".

I've really slipped in trying to keep this thread current. I'll have to watch this one again.

Check out the one I just posted called "The Masseuse". It's in Japanese so yes, you'll have to read subtitles, but it's rather poignant and hits the emotional pistons.

Daymum is right about The Candidate! Holy crap!

Yes! Out of all the ones I've watched, (and I think I've watched almost all of them), that one remains one of the most potent. The acting was so superb that I fell for it completely. It's the most powerful of the group thus far, that's for sure.

As Lee Marvin once said "I will drink to that!" Very powerful!

How about this one given the current world we live in?

No matter how many videos I watch, "The Candidate" continues to give me shivers and is my favourite of all.

Yes they are!

You are so not a team player on filmboards.

This thread could benefit everyone interested in short films.

I'm not stopping anyone from being a part of my threads. It's a public forum. Everyone can post in any thread they want to.

Why are you tagging Anna Marie then? It's not like the first thing she does is not search for your threads and posts when she logs in. I didn't even need to tag her when was chasing all of my posts trying to troll me.

Because we discussed this before, and she expressed a particular interest.

Any thread I post is open for anyone to participate in.

Yes, it's like WildMan's call out thread for me. It's open for discussion from all people about all things from suits to card games.

And air conditioning!

Okay but you've been tagging her regularly in your posts. I'm not telling you to quit. You wouldn't quit anyway. I'm just saying that what you're doing isn't being a team player and everyone will see that. The clique issue is a major reason holding filmboards back.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

I was reading some of the comments and they were saying the same thing: Black Mirror.

If I'm enjoying these so much, maybe I should check out Black Mirror after all.

Post deleted

Yes you should definitely check out Black Mirror. It's one of the best series ever on TV imho, and is rated a very high 8.9 on IMDb.

Short films are a positive aspect of social media and they don't get enough attention. Along with the new material being produced we also have decades of short films being given new life.

When the majority become the minority, and discrimination and rejection cannot be avoided.

"Where once there was violence, now there is silence, to add to the darkness of the deep, dark void."

@~AnnaMaria~ check this one out! It's very powerful and it reflects, in its own way, society today.

@MovieManCin2 (Hahaha, I think you'll get a kick out of this one. There's a reference to our favourite feline, and more).

Very interesting. Also very Black Mirror. Thanks for posting these.

Wow! First you discuss movies, then you post them, on a movie chat board!
Whoda thunk it? You are awesome!

But who is our favorite feline?

Surely you jest.

No I don't. And don't call me Shirley. So what's the dealio with this film?

Schrodinger's cat is in this. At least twice! Aaaand, the whole movie is about what happens when identical objects are put into the same space, do they exist or do they not, and what gets done with them.

Oveur and out.

That's not exactly what SC is about. It's about the cat being both dead and alive simultaneously when you cannot observe it. It's an explanation of sorts of quantum physics.

And why did you say he/she was in there twice??

lol Yes, I'm familiar. The cat is in the box, and the box is closed. It is simultaneously dead and alive because there's no observation. The act of observation destroys the integrity of study. If you watch it, the protagonist is watching a series on TV talking about Schrodinger's Cat. Also, when he's playing Hangman with the 2nd (duplicate) girl, the name he's trying to get her to guess is Schrodenger's. (Look at the letters on the blanks).

The physical aspects of a parallel universe are brought up in this as collapsing multiverses which are starting to drop, and generally in physics it's believed no two objects can occupy the same space. What that particular episode did was demonstrate an anomaly where by universes were collapsing together, creating the coexistence of what is technically the same object, which is diametrically opposed to theory.

The aspect of Schrodinger's Cat is brought up repeatedly.

Thanks and Damn! Now my brain hurts. I gotta watch that again and look for our favorite feline. Maybe I was concentrating too much on the plot the first time around. One can notice a lot of things when one is not concentrating on the plot.

Damn, girl! I will binge on this shit! I love sci-fi, and this and Black Mirror are awesome!

Post deleted

Yes! I know exactly what episode to which you refer! That was one of the ones (of many) that particularly stood out.

Wow, I hadn't thought about that one in a long time. I've noticed a few of these DUST episodes are very reminiscent of The Twilight Zone.

This is so sad. It's about a neglected child.

Post deleted

First, the boy, feeling neglected, bioprinted a duplicate of himself so he could have a twin brother, but at that time or in that world, only one child was allowed. The parents were faced with a choice to eliminate one child.

Instead, what they did was bioprint themselves, to create another entire set of parents. Each bioprint is an identical of the original person, same memories and feelings, etc. So now there are two identical families living on opposite parts of the world. That postcard you see at the end is from the "duplicate father" who took the duplicate son.

Post deleted

Automata – This has been turned into a series. Doug Jones! This has a very Blade Runner type of vibe going crossed with Eliot Ness or something.