Fantasy : Constantine

Constantine

I really loved this. I have a copy of it and have watched it many times. Giving it another viewing. I enjoy it every single time.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Constantine

It got a lot of 👎 but I loved it. Keanu did good!

I thought it was really done well. I don't get into graphic novels and comic books so I haven't a clue about the source material, and in that sense, I viewed the movie on its own merit. Loved it.

As much as Keanu gets a bad rep, I like him. I do not think he's dynamic, he's stiff and wooden, but those very qualities make him perfect for roles like Constantine, Neo, and John Wick. He delivers.

He's another one who does not "phone it in." He delivers. He works extremely hard in his movies. For The Matrix, he trained extremely hard in his martial arts and got in top physical condition, and it showed.

I'm a Keanu fan. Always was.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

I knew nothing about the graphic novels, and watched it like you, as an original movie.

There's something about Keanu. Even when he's bad, he's good. Love him.

Yes! I feel the same way. I've enjoyed him in everything I've seen. He does have a certain appeal.

so I haven't a clue
Not surprising at all.

I loved the source material so I was disappointed with the movie.

I think that was the general complaint. Many people were familiar with the comic books or graphic novels, and I never knew about any of that stuff, so I just watched it as a separate and independent movie in and of itself, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a risk that's run whenever making a movie that's sourced from written material that may have a die-hard fan base.

I think a lot of Garth Ennis fans, myself included, don't understand why anyone would take one of his stories and dilute it. If you're going to go there, go there.

I think if I hadn't ever read his Hellblazer run I'd be fine with the movie, even though Keanu is very far from John Constantine as a character.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Another one I got a little offended over.

It feels like film and tv WANT to adapt Garth Ennis graphic novels, but are too chickenshit to do it properly.

He's my favourite. Grant Morrison is probably my second favourite. Alan Moore third.

Post deleted

I don't take all graphic novels as seriously as I take those 3 writers' stuff. And maybe a few incarnations of Batman.

Never read or watched Outcast. Should I?

Post deleted

Robert Kirkman? TWD was pretty good as a graphic novel from what Ivve read (didn't keep up with it). The series kind of bores the crap out of me. I only watch it to see some zombie makeup.

Post deleted

Yeah. I guess I prefer graphic novels because they don't have to worry about being too violent/fucked up for the average audience. They can be as grim and blasphemous as they want. TV has rules.

Post deleted

Thye said no but I will anywya.

My favorite scene in the movie,the power is incredible and he knows he is physically risking his life to call out the evil…

Post deleted

YES! The way he came down with black tar steaming and dripping off his feet. He was cast beautifully! Peter Stormare is an exceptional actor. Loved him in American Gods too.

I like the way they chose to portray Lucifer in this particular appearance.

One of my favourite parts, too, was Midnite's club, the house rules (just like in John Wick).

Oh, and how about when Gabriel loses his wings!?

Post deleted

Also, "Looks like someone doesn't have your back anymore."

But yeah, the punch! Gabriel not familiar with feeling pain, then trying to goad John into taking the weapon…"Look how well you're doing John!"

I'm also super crushed on how Tilda plays Gabriel.

I want what she's wearing. I want those pants and that top. But especially, I want those pants.

Post deleted

Yes she does. I dig that. She's pulled it off more than once. Ever see Orlando?

Also, @NZer might be interested in this too, but have you ever seen Only Lovers Left Alive? That had a wonderful soundtrack and was this moody, atmospheric flick.

Post deleted

Yes, it is definitely more on the artsy side than a traditional horror flick. It is so beautiful to watch, and has this dark atmosphere to it. I've seen it twice so far.

An exceptional vampire movie, and Tilda is a brilliant actress. She's weird and wonderful in everything she does.

Isn't she wonderful? I adore her! I love the way she looks, and she's also got talent. She has diversity of skill and has demonstrated she can play many different types of characters.

One of the kind of films I can watch over and over.

If you liked that, perhaps you'll think this is worth a watch:

I'm a fan of both.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Is this the style that's more faithful to the original graphic novel?

Yes, and the comic book - which the movie strayed from a bit.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Post deleted

I was just about to post this link:

https://www.cwseed.com/shows/constantine-city-of-demons/city-of-demons-part-one/?play=37d18740-5011-46f1-a2e8-bba97545b492

But you beat me to it. Lol Welcome, I don't believe we've met. It's nice see a new face around here.

Post deleted

Stupid fucking movie.

I'm as real as a doughnut, motherfucker.

I really loved this. I have a copy of it and have watched it many times. Giving it another viewing. I enjoy it every single time.

I think I might stop watching Constantine forever now that you have a copy and watching it repeatedly.

Post deleted

Coco-nut case?