This message has been deleted.

Re: Best Western movies?

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Hahah! You have good taste, Miss Margo. I laughed so hard watching this movie!

*DING* The sheriff's a-comin. The sheriff's a *DING*

Candygram for Mongo!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

That is one of the funniest westerns!
I did have a few favorite TV western shows when I was growing up, but I enjoy the two funny movies I posted. They touch a little bit on the realities of the wild west while being hilarious.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Have you ever seen a Mel Brooks movie that didn't make you chuckle though?

(That's a little OT from strictly westerns, but…)

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Yes I have. I was completely disappointed in Dracula, Dead and Loving It. I'd had such high hopes because Steven Webber and Leslie Nielson were in it. I couldn't even work up a chuckle.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

^ this one

Young Guns had a killer Bon Jovi song attached to it. That makes it the best.

I haven't stayed at a Best Western in years, so I have no idea.

Kind of odd to care about what movies are available at a hotel chain….

I am a dick. I've always been a dick.

Post deleted

Nice thread.

The Searchers 1956

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049730/videoplayer/vi1433337881?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Do not watch this one:

I am big fan of Western movies, but this one sucked.

Don't worry, I won't. A dismal rating of 4.5 on IMDb.

His son tries to act too much like his dad.

That's a great scene from a great movie.

Did you know that the crew mistakenly put too much dynamite in the train car causing a huge explosion which almost injured several cast members?

I'm not surprised! They kept the explosion in the movie and it was mighty!

Yes. Sometimes reality encroaches on fantasy, and a great scene is created.

Kind of like when Sessue Hayakawa (Col. Saito) accidentally hit Alec Guiness (Col. Nicholson) in the face way too hard in "Bridge on the River Kwai," and drew blood. Being the professional he was, Guiness continued with the scene with his own blood trickling down to his chin.

Excellent movie!

Paul Newman's sapphire blue eyes would sparkle for miles!

Those two guys were so handsome! Immortalised forever for our pleasure!

Exceptionally so! You're right too, both of them were stunning, and they complimented each other with their differences, while both being mighty easy on the eyes. At first I was more of a Redford fan, then as I got older, I came to really, reeeeally like Newman a lot more.

I actually just saw an episode of What's My Line and Newman was the mystery guest. He was so young, in his 20's or something? That sumptuous voice, it's hard to believe (today) that no one guessed who he was after hearing just a few words. That voice. Those eyes.

I think he even said once that if his eyes ever turned brown that would be the end of his movie career. He seems to have a pretty good reputation as a person as well.

Lilith, I have seen several episodes with Paul Newman on what's My Line. Love that show! try looking for the one where he and his wife, Joanne Woodward try to stump the panel. Very funny and cute.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

He was on more than once? I don't think I saw one that had both he and his wife together.

That was one spectacular relationship. At least what we as mere mortals saw on the outside.

The episode I saw, even in B&W those eyes just glowed through the screen. That smile. That voice…

……………………………………………………………………………I forgot what I was saying.

Yes. He was on more than once. If you go to You Tube and type in What's My Line. Paul Newman, you will find all of his appearances.
Enjoy this one….

what's my line paul newman and joanne woodward

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Oh thank you, Miss Margo! They were such a stunning pair. Imagine being married to Paul Newman where women were throwing themselves at your husband all the time? Someone asked her what it was like being married to Paul Newman and she said something like, "Darling, after two weeks, he's just your husband."

I love WML. It's always so interesting to me to see how things had changed from the 1950's with regards to the clothing, the language, even how people treated each other with such courtesy.

You're welcome.
He was gorgeous, but under it all, you do have to wonder if he was easy to live with. i do know one thing. He loved his wife very much. Look how long they were married. Someone asked him if he'd ever been tempted to cheat on her. Paul's answer was, "Why go out for a hamburger when you have steak at home?" I like that! Good guy!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Exactly! That's something I remember as well. There were never any scandals around either of them, and they were so in love with each other, all the way through. That kind of love is rare, and precious and no doubt what most of us only dream of ever obtaining. What a beautiful couple.

Another great one! Excellent! And the eye candy ain't bad either!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Post deleted

I don't know just yet, who that guy is from There Was a Crooked Man, (I have never seen it) but I want to see it now. He's Hot Hot Hot!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I had a look at youtube and he's Michael Blodgett. Looks like a great movie!

There Was a Crooked Man - Prison Riot: Prisoner Coy Cavendish (Michael Blodgett) is set to be hanged, but Floyd Moon (Warren Oates) and the other prisoners start a riot and tear down the gallows.

FILM DESCRIPTION:
After a botched heist, Wild West bandit Paris Pitman Jr. (Kirk Douglas) hides his newly stolen money where no one will find it, then loses his entire gang in a blaze of bullets before being captured by the law and given a lengthy sentence in a desert jail. Paris believes that he can buy his way out of his predicament by offering some cash to the guards, but the upstanding Sheriff Lopeman (Henry Fonda) makes sure his men remain honest. Running out of options, Paris begins plotting a jailbreak.

I'm definitely going to check it out. Looks good1!
This is why I love sites like this. You learn about movies and actors you never knew about. You learn a few other things as well….

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Unforgiven
The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
3:10 to Yuma (2007)
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
True Grit (2010)
No Country for Old Men (it’s pretty much a western)
Once Upon a Time in the West
Django Unchained
The Wild Bunch
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

I'm as real as a doughnut, motherfuckerrr.
β–² Top