Hellboy : Hellboy is hella....

Hellboy is hella....

Bad.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hellboy_2019/
https://www.metacritic.com/movie/hellboy-2019

Comparing it to Del Toro's 2004 original and 2008 sequel is like making an analogy between a Broadway production and a high school stage show. 1.5/4

-James Berardinelli, ReelViews

…the violence in this version of Hellboy is so needless that it just makes you shake your head and wonder who - in hell - this movie is even for. D.

-Tom Santilli, Movie Show Plus

The chief battle here isn't the one on screen between Hellboy and a sixth century witch; it's between Harbour and the uninspired gore and bland rock music in which his unfortunate first starring vehicle is soaked. 1/4

-Oliver Jones, Observer

"The end is coming," Hellboy's dying friend says near the beginning, and I was already thinking, "Oh yes, please."

-Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times

May it rot in hell. 0.5/5

-Rohan Naahar, Hindustan Times

Re: Hellboy is hella....

Called it!

LOL. 🤡🌎

OF ALL THE REVIEWS I READ THE ALL MENTION THE SAME THINGS..THIS LINE IS THE CLOSEST TO THE TRUTH OF THE SITUATION….

…"If audiences can let go of the beloved previous films and watch this new version with an open mind, this new Hellboy has a fair amount of messy over-the-top fun to offer."

💀

"A NAKED AMERICAN MAN STOLE MY BALLOONS!"

I didn't care for the prior two films either and so I'm not at a loss.

LOL. 🤡🌎

THATS FAIR.💀

Another failed re-make. It's getting tedious.

I don’t get it. Is this a reboot or a follow up to golden army?

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

"I spent almost Hellboy‘s entire run time either recoiling in horror or howling with laught er. Like Hellboy‘s climax, the subtext of which is essentially the protagonist heroically screaming “Yuck, girls!” it was perfectly true to the spirit of an extended adolescent metalhead fantasy. I think this is how Hellboy was always meant to be."

💀

"guillermo Del Toro’s Hellboy movies attempted to ground Hellboy‘s inherent weirdn ess and make him sympathetic. That’s largely Del Toro’s MO — take offbeat sci-fiand anchor it with heartfelt earnestness. By contrast, Marshall’s version is proudly, performatively bugfuck, an extended excuse for preposterously vulgar visuals."

💀

"Did it need to exist? Probably not. Am I glad it does? Absolutely. Will it be a movie people yell at me in six months for loving? …Possibly. Exuberantly gross and proudly ridiculous, this Hellboy feels like the picture Glenn Danzig sees in his head when he doodles in his notebook."

💀

AS A FORMER READER OF HELLBOY COMICS I ALWAYS THOUGH GUILLERMO DID A GREAT JOB WITH HIS FILMS…HIS FILMS WHICH WERE SQUEAKY CLEAN FAMILY FRIENDLY BIG RED TEDDY BEAR TALES.

THIS FILM WHILE UNFORTUNATELY FALLING UNDER THE FOLLOW UP,REBOOT,RIPOFF BANNER IS SO MUCH CLOSER TO THE COMIC BOOK MAYHEM OF THE HALF DEMON SUMMONED TO EARTH TO CONQUER IT BUT INSTEAD CHOOSING HIS HUMANITY AND DEFENDING IT.

I'll be back with my review after 9pm

Anyone between me and that stone dies

Original Hellboy was unique. It should have stayed that way.

It's a fuckin mess

Anyone between me and that stone dies