Politics : 16 years since Iraq War began, were you ever dumb enough to support it?

16 years since Iraq War began, were you ever dumb enough to support it?

It was a bad idea from the start. There was never any justification. Hundreds of thousands died. The entire region is a mess as a result with more death and destruction and no end in sight. All for nothing.

The same people who got us into the Iraq War are now trying to get us into conflicts with Iran and other nations. Everyone be smarter this time and ignore them and listen to the liberals. They know what is best, as history repeatedly proves.

Re: 16 years since Iraq War began, were you ever dumb enough to support it?

I am proud to say I never supported this foolish war. Though it is a relief to see that most American's now realize it was a mistake, the fact that no one has been held accountable for misleading us into this war and that those who did are still in power, is infuriating. They are war criminals.

The first Iraq war was justified to liberate Kuwait. Iraq had no right to invade. The first Bush was correct to not invade Iraq.

But the second Bush was a Neo-Con nitwit to invade Iraq. Saddam Hussein was in retrospect a good leader. He ruled his country with secular policies, keeping Islamic fundamentalism at bay. Now we've toppled him, the cop is gone, and we have ISIS chopping off people's heads. Hussein knew what he was doing.

Now we are supposed to believe that we must replace the regime in Iran because they have or will have nukes? So, Pakistan has nukes. It's not as if we'll ever prevent the Islamic world from possessing nukes. They already have them. Plus, Iran is an ally of India, the enemy of Pakistan.

Americans need to stay the fuck out of wars which have nothing to do with our national security. The oil will still flow regardless.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Mr. Rachel Maddow aka Chris Hayes is a complete idiot as are you and all liberals who say that was an unjust war.

A peace treaty was never signed in the war of 1991. Only a cessation of hostilities. Just like the Korean War.

Do you even know what that means?

I have had to school professors from ivy league schools on this very topic.

It means any infraction or violation of the agreement and an immediate State of war exists again.

Part of the agreement was that Iraq wpuld destroy all of it's weapons of mass destruction. Failure to do so would be considered a violation or breach that would activate War.

Well Saddam gassed the Kurds in the North 4 years later in 95. And then gassed the shites in the South 2 years after that. Both of those actions allowed the United States as well as the United Nations to have the ability to declare War on Iraq.

The only problem was that President Clinton was too busy shooting his load on his 19 year old intern's dress.

The second war in Iraq was not only legal but completely justified.

I don't expect the people posting in this thread prior to me to grasp this.

I have seen intellectuals from all walks of life not comprehend this.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

That's an interesting perspective, given that the UN definitely did not declare war on Iraq, at all. Throwing the rest of your argument into the category of , uh, 'dubious'.

For a UN Security Council resolution to pass, a supermajority of 9 out of 15 votes are needed. In 2003 only four countries of the SC announced that they would support a resolution backing the war.

But I hope that the movie downtown last night was nice.

You didn't address anything that I said. I DARE YOU TO. Go ahead and tell me a peace treaty was signed and not a cessation of hostilities after the gulf war in 1991?

I want you to outright lie and invent a history that didn't happen.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

I addressed your erroneous claim that the UN had declared war in 2003. That is all I did.. Would you like to discuss that?

I never said they declared war you obtuse Cunt. The U.N. like President Bill Clinton had no balls.

So you are stating a false narrative. What I did say is that after Sadaam violated the cessation of hostilities agreement by using nerve and mustard gas on his own people, both the United States and the United were legally engaged in a War.
That's what that document means. Try to keep up Fuck face.

'Both of those actions allowed the United States as well as the United Nations to declare War on Iraq!

- Steve Lake, Terrible Historian, March 24, 2019

No I said it gave both the United States and the United Nations the legal right to act. Address what I am saying and stop acting like a 6 year old girl.

You said that the UN declared war.

You and I both know that lying is against the sacred Hotel Detective Oath of Integrity and Recovered Towels.

This is disappointing to me. Now I don't even care if the movie was any good last night,

Ha, you edited it! What a pussy!

The Pussy is the person who won't address what I am actually saying.

We can debate grammar and figure of speech another time.

Do you deny that armistice and not a peace treaty was signed to end the gulf war?

Do you deny that Sadaam used both mustard and nerve gas on his own people in the mid 90's?

Do you deny that chemical and biological weapons are considered weapons of mass desrtuction?

Do you deny by Saadam using weapons of mass destruction he violated the armistice?

Now let's see if you are actually intelligent or if you're just a guy who goes to Yahoo for his news and Wikipedia for his history.

*nervously closes Yahoo & Wikipedia tabs*

Lmao

Actually, IRL I abhorred Hussein but doubted the wisdom of the war at that time, and in that way. (I am old enough to remember it all).

I sadly was proven right. The war was poorly executed and the peace was botched too.

Fine you make valid points in terms of how the War was handled. But it was never illegal. Here in Nyc these idiots call President Bush a War criminal and he is nothing of the sort.

The war was legal and justified.

The war and the occupation of Iraq after was handled badly. I can agree with you on that. No denying that.

Where are you getting "Saddam gassed the Kurds in the north in 95 and Shiites in the south" thing? I never have heard that before and can't find any evidence to support it.

There were definite atrocities committed against Iraqis by Saddam, but those occurred in the 80s while we were allies with Iraq, during the Reagan Administration, not post Gulf War. After that war, Saddam was a man held in check. By 2003, he did not have WMD, as UN weapons inspectors within Iraq concluded before the second Iraq war began. This conclusion was later confirmed when we went in and found NO FUCKING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. NONE.

Fact: Iraq posed ZERO threat the the United States. All we did by going there was create a threat. ISIS is on George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. There was absolutely no justification for the war. Only an absolute fool would argue there was. Even the moron Donald Trump states regularly the Iraq War was a disgrace.

For the record, MSNBC was for war back in 2002-2003. Phil Donahue and Jesse Ventura both had successful talk shows on MSNBC that were cancelled because both Donahue and Ventura refused to tow the establishment line on the war and were questioning Bush's WMD bullshit and the pro-war propaganda that inundated our media back then. MSNBC is owned in part by General Electric which is part of the military industrial complex. MSNBC pushes a hawkish liberal line nowadays and the network supported Obama's Libya intervention and meddling in Syria. It also pushes the now discredited Trump/Russia collusion narrative and Russophobia in general. FUCK MSNBC.

BTW, I was against the war. Bush the Lesser was by far the WORST president of my lifetime. Obama was the second worst. Both imperialists, both scum.