Hacksaw Ridge : 1/10~Corny and overrated *spoilers

Re: 1/10~Corny and overrated *spoilers

Haha I like to chat with anybody if they actually have a point, if not they just embarrass them selves with online insults.

I think people are getting far too cynical today to be able to appreciate this kind of innocent and sweet love story. BUT this was based on reality... unlike Allied.

And I think people are far too bored with their day-to-day life, unable to control anything in life other than how they choose to think. So, no matter what anyone here says, you will refuse to hear it and you will continue to nit-pick movies to death... even though, you're not actually out there making movies.

I think people are getting far too cynical today to be able to appreciate this kind of innocent and sweet love story. BUT this was based on reality... unlike Allied.

Hey I love a great mature romance movie don't get me wrong, but did we go to HSR to see 1hr of "gee-golly gosh" PG romance? Well I didn't... A romance should be mature, I even have a list of great romances.

you will continue to nit-pick movies to death

Umm... You mean give my opinion? Isn't that what we're here for, or just to label people negatively like you are to me, care to offer your OPINION on the MOVIE?

this movie featured a man grabbing a legless corpse in one hand while wielding a bar with a bottomless magazine in the other, charging a bunch of dug in japanese and butchering them with precision accuracy. i havent laughed that hard in a long time. $60 million to make and 2 hours of my time to watch, was worth it just for that moment

haha, the human shield and how he through it around as if it was cardboard was classic.

this movie featured a man grabbing a legless corpse in one hand while wielding a bar with a bottomless magazine in the other, charging a bunch of dug in japanese and butchering them with precision accuracy. i havent laughed that hard in a long time. $60 million to make and 2 hours of my time to watch, was worth it just for that moment

I completely agree with you, These mindless idiots don't know a good war movie.

*spoilers

OP, i couldn't agree more. utter horse *beep* Doss was a genuine hero, he didn't deserve this. Mel must be so desperate to try and win over the american public.

bible, check.
constitution, check.
ridiculous patriotism, check.

it was literally like he looked at all the past war film, picked an iconic scene and ripped it off!

meeting a girl in a surgery, thanks pearl harbour.
recruit beaten by his peers, thanks full metal jacket,
grand opening scene, cheers saving private ryan,
running backwards and forwards carrying wounded, thanks forrest gump,
ridiculous explosions, oooooo, now we are delving into the transformers playbook.
over the top gore, oh hello saw
jump scares straight out of walking dead.

the score was cliche, honestly, the only things this should be nominated for was sound design, sound mixing and set design.
and you are right, they can put in legs blown off but can't put in an fbomb..

terrible terrible terrible.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Sorry, but you sound like the moron here. I have seen most war movies..and this was one of the best. It also has an 8.5 rating....putting it as not just one of the greatest war movies but...one of the GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME. So...what war movies exactly do you consider to be so "good" ?

Sorry, but you sound like the moron here.

You apologize and then go on to throw an ONLINE INSULT, what a electronic gladiator you are, go call the majority of people that agree with me morons too.

It also has an 8.5 rating

Hahahaha and Transformers has 7.2 what's your point? IMDB is full of kids like you.

GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME

That's a joke right?

I have seen most war movies

Which ones? I can already 100% guess which watered down ones you've seen, if you think HSR is great... You're typical and boring.

This film has obviously been aimed at super patriotic christians and has hit it's mark, guess i'll need to rate it to bring that score back down. this will not go down in history as one of the greatest war films ever, it will go down as a desperate attempt to win over the american public by an aussie actor trying to revive his career and nothing more.

Not really. It is more like an anti-war, anti-gun film...that would be liked by liberals (like myself.) I am not patriotic nor religious, but a liberal from NYC, and I thought it was great. I doubt religious nuts would agree with his anti-gun stance...the NRA in fact probably HATED this movie.

Are you Donald Trump ? You didnt answer the question...what are some "good" war movies in your opinion ? lol...

You think I'm playing a strawman technique, clearly you can't read I already put them in my OP, and I have plenty of war related film lists on my account.

Here's your predictable "best" war movie lists:

Saving Private Ryan, Band Of Brothers, Fury, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, Windtalkers, Inglorious Bastards... That about sums it up right?

Only a moron that liked HSR would also like those, and be duped into thinking they were realistic.

see, here's the thing, i actually really love all of those you have mentioned, but i would never go around saying they were the greatest movie of all time. I really enjoy platoon, schindlers list, downfall and the piano. the difference is though, but at least these movies were good, even if they weren't realistic............but hacksaw ridge has tried to copy paste the best bits from each of these and failed miserably. the fact it isn't being considered for a raspberry is beyond me. oscars? laughable!

Oh don't get me wrong Apcalypse and FMJ were great art movies, but at no point were they realistic to the Vietnam War, SPR was good in the start, but turned into a cheese fest, lot's of flags waved in our faces. Same with the TV series BOB really watered down.

Some I didn't mentioned you liked were Downfall, SL, and Piano, all great WWII films.
But correct Mel just copied all of them, and for this moron above Johncg25 to say the GREATEST war movie ever is just digging himself a hole.

Platoon is still the best war movie of all time in my opinion, no other movie has captured infantry psychology the way that did, and most important it's anti war, which is what it should be.

here here!!!

lol, how bad are you guys at reading...i didnt say it was the best war film of all time. i said that it is RATED on imdb as one of the best films of all time, this is a uhh FACT(not my opinion geniuses). it has an 8.5 right now ...one of the highest ratings of All TIME. again...this is a fact. it is not nearly my favorite war film, nor tell me what they are lol...you have no idea. i have seen over 3,000 movies so i have seen great war flms that you havent even seen i am sure. Inglorious bastards was dumber than this movie and would never be on a best war film list. and...platoon IS one of my favorite war film too, i have read multilple books about it as well. This film is in fact a great war film, it pays tribute to the guy who served and the reasons he did so. (HIS COUNTRY). he even said it in the film multiple times, so of. course it will have patriotic music lol....thats what his character felt. Was as an anarchist athiest that hated the united states ? NO. So if mel gibson directed it with your suggestion it would have been even LESS realistic because that is just what you think, NOT what the character thinks which the film is about. Just because you want every film to be "anti war" doesnt mean it is a bad movie if it is not 100% anti war. Thats pretty stupid to be honest. Saving private ryan is not even a pro war film solely either...some critics described as an anti war film due to the realistic violence it shows.. and yet you think it is bad...because it had a flag and music or something and was, "pro war" lol....This film nor SPR are "pro war" with the level of violence it shows and how brutal it is. The main character DIDNT EVEN LIKE WEAPONS. It makes no statement on war, and in fact, if anything, its actually an ANTI WAR film, if anything. Please learn things. Read stuff. Learn more things,and make less silly statements.

You're losing, and digging your own grave.

it has an 8.5 right now

And Transformers has a 7.2 ..You don't get it.

i have seen over 3,000 movies

Congratulations.. And you gave Hacksaw Ridge a 10/10

This film nor SPR are "pro war" with the level of violence it shows and how brutal it is

Right throw in some violence to show war is bad?

You said HSR was the GREATEST film of all time hahahahaha

You need to calm down john, you will do yourself a mischief.

a mediocre film is not good enough to celebrate a war hero. it has a high rating because americans, blinded by their own patriotism keep giving the damn thing a 10/10. utterly ridiculous. which is why others have to rate it a 1, equally ridiculous, to get it to settle at its worthy score of around 5.2.

This film is utter, utter garbage. and i'm not really sure what to say about you watching 3000 movies? well done i guess? but you have a long way to catch up. lol, 3000. unless you are 10 that really isn't an achievement.

Here here Derrenetienne, it is a shame we have to vote back down crap films like HSR or Transformers.. Then people try to scold me because I give "great" films 1/10.. happens all the time.

lol...you gave Hotel Rhwanda, Saving Private Ryan...and Hacksaw Ridge (Oscar winning films and some of the highest rated films of all time) a 1...and you gave "Deadpool" a 10 lol...that explains everything I need to know right there. No wonder you wouldn't admit what some "good" movies are that you liked. Deadpool was one of the stupidest movies I have seen all year...and you gave that a 10 lol....

Hilarious. Your complaints do not even make sense as a result. Deadpool was realistic film lol.... This might be the single dumbest thread I have ever seen on IMDB...

Hotel Rhawanda was a boring political drama, could have been much better. And focused on the actual war; the people that suffered, rather than some rich hotelier for 2/3rds of the movie. SPR was a cheese ball corny movie, spoon feed emotion and violence for sheep.
Haha you also gave Deadpool a high rating!! Do you suffer from memory loss?? You also gave high ratings to:

Transformers
Top Gun
Martian
Creed
Magic Mike
Magic Mike XXL
TFA

etc etc...

....And least we not forget, you said HSR was THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME (you did have that statement in caps if I recall)

Your ratings are just screwed up lol, now I understand a little better.

A "7" is not a "high score", 7 is an average score. a 75/100 is...a C. Average. I rarely even watch the rest of a film if it is much worse than a 6 or 7 as it would not be worth my time. Even a "bad" film I usually give a 4-5 at least for whatever good it might have had in it. Giving a film a "1"...just because you found it "boring"...makes no sense at all and...is why the ratings on IMDB are atrociously stupid. (a 10...for Deadpool lol)

Yes, I liked Deadpool, but...it was completely stupid so it would be akin to me posting on there saying Deadpool sucks and should get a 1 because it was not "realistic" lol..

7 is an average score

Actually 5 is average (and it actually rounds up, meaning above average) 7 is way above average..

I rarely even watch the rest of a film if it is much worse than a 6 or 7

I'm sorry John I think you should just stop now...

Well this is the thread I came to these forums for..

I can't remember the last time I've been so utterly let down by a movie. It's third rate pulp. The first half is dreadfully smarmy, the worst thing ron howard ever put out wasn't this bad. the second half is like watching a tarantino movie if he was labotomized before filming.

My only guess why this is popular is that its been almost 20 years since the last batch of fairly decent war movies, and 30-40 years since the really good ones. we live in a time where most 30 year olds haven't even seen the godfather or a kubric flick. mainstream cinema is in a poor state, if this gutter trash by mel gibson is considered good..

the second half is like watching a Tarantino movie if he was lobotomized before filming.

Haha great analogy.

most 30 year olds haven't even seen the godfather or a Kubrick flick.

I agree, or maybe their smarter friends forced them to watch it, but the lack of CGI and explosions made them bored, could you imagine one of these HSR lovers trying to grasp Paths of Glory, or Dr. Strangelove?

yes a lot of scenes are corny specially for a bio-flick but NO it's not a 1/10.
looking at the movies u rated, you're giving a lot of 1. cmon there's no need to hate that much...lol

Of course there's a need for that, how many thousands of people give terrible films a 10, so it's almost our duty to even the playing field, for an objective person to try and get a fair rating.
I agree it's corny, thanks for your opinion.

Post deleted

Interesting story, some good performances, but this movie is laughable trash. The combat scenes are among the worst I have ever seen. Comically awful. I'd have nominated it for the worst movie of the year, not the best.

lol, yes and Deadpool is nominated for multiple Oscars lol...I guess Deadpool fans aren't Mel Gibson fans. I don't think he cares. YOU STOLE OUR OSCARS. YOUR FILM IS GARBAGE. DEADPOOL COULD HAVE BEEN DIRECTED BY STANLEY KUBRICK.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Then you loved this film more than pokemon.

Post deleted

Film was great

huh?

THRILLER IS MY FOOD!

Post deleted

You are pidgeon-holing this movie into being a war movie. Its a biopic that happens to occur during WW2. Maybe you would enjoy movies more if you didnt pidgeon hole them into genres.

Oh HSR isn't a war movie? Ok thanks for that incite, so what category would that 20min battle scene be?

LOL. Hamburger Hill man! It ain't nothing but a thing!

(Seriously... it's a cool movie)

I don't find that this movie is some sort of masterpiece. But 1/10? Come on, i can't take that seriously...

But can you take the 8.5 seriously? That's Godfather or The Shining territory which I don't think is fair, if IMDB users were more fair, people wouldn't have to vote 1, or 10's to get them more realistic.

How many people vote down or up movies based on their own political, or racist beliefs rather than just how good the art was as a film?

Shining territory? LOL!

You fan boys on here are too much. Yous hop on the bandwagon of certain okay films and try to make them elite.

Shining was pretty good but nothing more than a 7. Nicholson was horrifying and it was an iconic role for him, but that doesn't make it as good as you fan boys think it is...

Here's a couple Stephen King movies that are better or just as good as Shining: Misery, Silver Bullet, Shaws hank Redemption, It, Cujo.

Shining is another movie on here way overhyped by you stupid ImdB fangirls.

Shining territory? LOL!

You thought the Shining was bad?

LOL!

What are you 16yrs old?

Yous hop on the bandwagon

Tha two-of-youse, ehhh faghet-aboutit, not-fuh-nothin, whats-a-matter-u.. Hahaa man I love your east coast accent guy.

Shining is another movie on here way overhyped by you stupid ImdB fangirls.

Haha man you're hilarious, I couldn't think of another top 100 movie to reference forgive me, well I guess you didn't hate Godfather then?
Anyways so what did you think of HSR?