Politics : 500 billion dollar lawsuit against universities.....

500 billion dollar lawsuit against universities.....

Great,this will drive the cost of schooling way higher,now you will have to be extra rich to attend. https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/college-admissions-scam-cheating-bribery-lawsuits-1.5056277

Re: 500 billion dollar lawsuit against universities.....

I honestly thought that rich parents bribing people to get their kids in was a known fact and somewhat accepted?

Me too.

dont start with that shit. You hate men, we get it already. Jeez

Did people genuinely believe that ivy league admissions were granted based on merit?

I am the lawr and the lawr is not mocked.

I know right!

my high school routinely had 10-15% going to the "Ivies".

back then, applications stressed grades and test scores. sure, there was a little section on "extracurricular" activieties which almost exclusively involved sports and club membership like the drama club or the chess club. Today, these kids submit books they've written; films directed; etc. The emphasis has shifted from academic ability AND potential to these almost impossible to quantify activities which say more about the parents' incomes than the students' abilities to learn.

anyway, 5 guys i graduated with and played sports with went to Dartmouth. All 5 were the children of Darmouth graduates. One was continuing the family legacy of unbroken addmission to Dartmouth for 100 years. Each graduated with a 3.5+ grade average and each scored at or above 1300 on SATs which had a 1600 max score.

yes they were "legacy" admits but they had the raw numbers which wouldve gained them admission if they had been a nobody like me.

The only schools that have legit smart people attending without any funny business are MIT and Caltech(amongst the top 10 or 15 universities). Incidentally, you see a lot more Asians and a lot fewer Jews at these schools than at the other top schools.

Ha.