The Watercooler : Kindness

Kindness

Re: Kindness

I never tell anyone what I give to the Homeless. Let alone videotape it. Anyone who videotapes it does it for their own vanity.

The Coalition for the homeless.
The Doe Fund
The Bowery Mission
Covenant House

I contribute heavily to all 4 organizations every year.

I normally would have never brought this up or even mentioned it.

But if I didn't mention it, the first thing you wanna said would have been ,

"What have you ever done for the homeless or anyone else for that matter" So there's that.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

This doesn't make your political views any more abhorrent, but if you're telling the truth, I give you props where they're due.

I enjoy seeing acts of kindness

It is a type of narcissism that is behind this type of charity. It is called communal narcissism. Those with the disorder tend to have a negative view of those they are helping and only do it to enhance their own public image by exploiting the unfortunate. You see this a lot in social media.

Even if part of it was for show, I bet those homeless guys enjoyed themselves.

I'm sure they did and they had a hot meal

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Makes the wheels of life turn more smoothly.

Let's not forget our furry friends in our Animal Shelters. Our local shelter has several collection bins for aluminum cans around our city. That helps a little when it comes to costs. We always take our cans to the shelter collection bin. We have done it for years.
There are other things one can do. Aside from making a financial donation, which is always appreciated,we also bring in food, treats, toys and if one has old towels and blankets you are no longer needing, these come in very handy at the shelters.
Of course, adopting a pet and giving an animal a loving home is the ultimate act of kindness. You get the best of the deal. You get a friend!
If that isn't possible, going into a shelter and spending time with these animals while they are waiting to be adopted can be very rewarding too. The animals need the attention. They love to be brushed, stroked, talked to, walked! It gives you a good feeling too. I like going and helping out as often as I can. Naturally, I'd love to take all of them home with me, but I adopt only one animal at a time. At this time, it'a our big cat, Charlie.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

That's wonderful of you, Margo

Thanks. I like your thread! It reminds people that there are ways to spread the positive these days. Sometimes all you have to do is smile and say Hi to someone in order to make their day.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Send you little doggys to me Brad took care them real good woof woof 🐶 🐶 🍴 hehehe!!!!!!

Asian_Brad_Pitt 💗 Crystal

That's lovely. Whether it's for the camera or not, I'm sure it brightened their lives for a brief moment.

I am the lawr and the lawr is not mocked.