The Soapbox : 2/3/2019 Black History month focus: Black Women Showrunners

2/3/2019 Black History month focus: Black Women Showrunners

Who Run The World? Black Women Showrunners, Of Course

Shonda Rhimes
Award-winning writer/director/producer Shonda Rhimes created the hit TV shows 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Private Practice, 'Scandal,' and 'How to Get Away with Murder.' She's also penned several film screenplays.

Mara Brock Akil
Mara Brock Akil is an American screenwriter and television producer. She created UPN comedy series Girlfriends and its spin-off The Game. She later created the first drama series for BET Being Mary Jane. In 2018, she produced Black Lightning for The CW and created Love Is for Oprah Winfrey Network.

Ava Du Vernay
Academy Award nominee and Emmy, BAFTA and Peabody Award winner, Ava DuVernay is a writer, director, producer and film distributor. Her directorial work includes the Oscar-winning historical drama SELMA, the Oscar-nominated criminal justice documentary 13TH and Disney’s A WRINKLE IN TIME, which made her the highest grossing African-American woman director in domestic box office history. She is currently in production on her next project based on the infamous crime case known as CENTRAL PARK FIVE, while overseeing production of her critically-acclaimed TV series QUEEN SUGAR.

Gina Prince-Blythewood
wrote and directed the widely acclaimed feature film Love & Basketball (2000) which premiered at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival. She won an Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature and a Humanitas Prize for her work on the film. Her other directing credits include the HBO film Disappearing Acts (2000).

Re: 2/3/2019 Black History month focus: Black Women Showrunners

Are you stupid or something? Leave this up to Chicka. You were spamming the board a few days ago with anti-black threads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Stop trolling Black History month threads, bitch!

Leave the 'black history month threads' to Chicka, and go spam the boards with more anti-black threads, you self-hating b!tch.

Go away crazy bitch. I do whatever I want to do. Be glad I'm doing a Black History Month salute and stfu.

Go meltdown about Chicka and how you hate black people, you CRAZY b!tch.

Stop smoking crack, bitch. I didn't say I hated black people.

You made anti-black threads and said Africa was disgusting.

It wasn't anti-black threads you ignoramus and yeah, Africa is an abomination. Look at how they conduct themselves. We blacks in American don't act as bad as those Africans.

The blacks in Africa make all black people look bad with their hatred of whites, their ignorance, their lack of self respect, corruption, no sense of dignity at all. Their savagery. Female circumcision is one. Male circumcision is another savage practice of theirs. Have you seen how boys are circumcised in African countries? They pull their penises until it's stretched all the way out over a log and then using a machete, CHOP the foreskin off. The penis snaps back like a rubber band. You'd cry if you saw the procedure.

They don't even care about their own selves otherwise they'd be a world superpower. Look at how much natural resources Africans had. They have jewels, all that beautiful land to be farmed or turned into national parks. But what do they do instead? Not a damn thing with it. And then they get jealous when other races go to Africa and make improvements there.

Africa is an embarrassment and ungrateful. Did you see the S. African's memorial the black citizens made for Nelson Mandela?

^^^It's overgrown and neglected. And in front of Mandela's house is a pile of decorated small rocks. I don't have an image for that one, but it is in one of the videos I posted about S. Africa.

This is how the whites memorialize Mandela.

Africans make all black people look bad. Also, they were the ones responsible for the transAtlantic slave trade. Yes, Africans owned their own African slaves and they didn't treat them well either. They cared so little for their slaves that they traded them to the white man for beaded bracelets. Why would the white man treat African slaves any better after seeing how their own people disrespected them???

If they hadn't sold their slaves for beaded bracelets and whatnot, then slavery wouldn't have happened in other countries like the US and the Caribbean. Don't blame the white man for slavery. Blame those W. Africans.

That looks like something that was posted on Stormfront.

What does it take to become a black female showrunner? I'm interested.