Sports : Tom Brady is the greatest American athlete of all time

Tom Brady is the greatest American athlete of all time

Notice I’m not saying best as in best athlete from a physical standpoint, but greatest in terms of consistency, success and accomplishments . He’s about to go to his 9th Super Bowl which is insane considering that’s about 20% of the Superbowls that have ever been played.

If he wins a 6th ring it’s going to be very difficult to argue against him being the Greatest QB ever; you could argue offensive rule changes and era but remember athletes are getting bigger stronger and faster so competition has improved throughout the years. Also the Patriots roster has turned over countless times, Brady and Bilichik are really the only constants there.

Personally I think he became the best QB ever when he won his 4th, the 5th cemented it, and a 6th would put him on the Mount Rushmore of athletes in the 4 major sports( Micheal Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth,Tom Brady).

Feb 3rd I’ll be rooting for the Patriots, id like to see Tom walk out of there with the trophy, fur coat , new UGGs and sipping an avocado smoothie .

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Re: Tom Brady is the greatest American athlete of all time

Lance Armstrong

Not trolling. The Tour de France is the most grueling competition in the world. He won it seven times in a row. That he doped doesn't matter. Every cyclist at the top doped. It was a level playing field and he dominated it. And every top professional athlete takes PEDs.

Agreed ^

Barry Bonds gets shit on for doping. It still takes incredible hand eye coordination to consistently hit home runs the way he did. They all were using, he just hit them longer and further and more often.

Barry Bonds was a Beast.

As was Sir Lance.

Super Bowl> TourDe France.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Michael Jordan and it isn’t even close. Didn’t have any of the controversy surrounding him either. Brady is hated outside of the northeast.

Jordan had plenty of controversy. He wasn’t a good teammate, he punched Steve Kerr and he had a serious gambling problem.

He also left the sport for some time. Tom Brady missed one season with a knee injury.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Controversy with the league. He was never suspended. He never cheated. Spygate, Deflategate, the Pats are frauds and always have been. Brady is a great player but he’s no Jordan. And Gretzky is Canadian.

I know he’s Canadian, But he’s the greatest Hockey player so he has to be on Rushmore. The only American who comes close is Bobby Orr.

Awww wait he’s canadian too LOL

-Erin Wotherspoon

It’s tough to find the best American one but I’d say Chris Chelios.

mike modano.

Pat LaFontaine

Brian Leech.

Don't forget Muhammad Ali

Not human

Good point but Ali wasn’t the best boxer of all time, that distinction is usually granted to Joe Louis or Sugar Ray Robinson.

You could even argue Joe Frazier or Rocky Marciano.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Gretzky is not American though.

That’s true but my Mouth Rushmore includes everyone. Tom I consider the best American.

Rushmore does not have to be Americans only .

-Erin Wotherspoon

Canada is in North America same as US

Correct. But she's talking about Americans.

Why are people in the US more American than Canadians if we're both on the same continent?

Really? They are both North American, yes. But to call a Canadian American is incorrect. American refers to a citizen of the USA.

But just because it's seen that way is it factually correct?

I tend to think so. The continent is North America. America is a country. Do you consider think that Mexicans living in Mexico are Americans as well?

Sure, they live in Central America

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

He is truly MAGAnificent. he and his wonderful Patriots represent:

- the importance of the east coast elites to this country. sorry, fly-over guys.
- the value of cheating to get ahead. love your deflated balls, Tom!
- the rightness of rooting for the rich, big guy over the little guy, the underdog.
- the need to have beautiful trophy wives, or like, what's the point??

He is AMERICA.

Post deleted

False.

Michael Jordan is the best by any ( and every ) measure.

Physically better than Brady.

Mentally better than Brady.

More Championships than Brady.

More MVPs than Brady.

An All Time Great Defensive player.

Does Brady play defense?

😂

Debatable. Micheal Jordan wasn’t that great as a Wizard. And then to compare across different sports is really difficult. Football is a much more physically demanding game.

-Erin Wotherspoon

LOL no it’s not. Comparing a pocket passing qb to a SG. Basketball is 100 times more physically demanding. Jordan was in incredible shape Brady has a dad bod. Now if we’re comparing running backs or corners I would say you might be correct.

He’s in the pocket but he still gets hit.Micheal Jordan never had 275 pound defensive ends running at him to take his head off.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Half the time he gets hit it’s a bullshit roughing the passer.

His O Line and their system are phenomenal, as others have said.

Look he’s probably the GOAT, but no way he’s on Jordan’s level.

False.

Post deleted

Yeah ok Browns fan thank you for your insightful and totally impartial input.

He’s he had a decade between SB appearances and you think he’s The not the main reason they are going? 9 SB appearances is not coincidental, he’s better than Rodgers and Brees . It’s not even close at this point.

No other player has even close to nine SB appearances as a starting QB.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Post deleted

They run an Erhardt-Perkins offense with a lot of motions and changing plays at the line of scrimmage. The “system” depends on the QB having the autonomy to change the play when the situation calls for it. Brady has more freedom to do it than other QBs due to his level of experience. Yes coaching is important, organizational decisions on roster is important , but Brady is the mainstay.

People keep saying “it’s the system!” BRADY is the goddamn system. He’s about to go his 9th SB and he’s Had a different supporting cast nearly every time.

How is he not logically the MAIN reason for their success given that information?

If you seriously believe TOM BRADY is a game manager at this point in his career you’ve completely lost your mind .

-Erin Wotherspoon

Post deleted

The Patriots have probably had the FEWEST quality players of any dynasty in NFL history. What great running backs have they had? How many hall of Famers other than Brady, Teddy Bruschi, Randy Moss , possibly Gronkowski and maybe Lawyer Malloy have they had?

None.

They find average players off the scrap heap and make it work and win championships.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have both had infinitely better teams around them and they haven’t had a modicum of the same success.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Rodgers can’t stay healthy. Brees hardly ever has a defense.

The Pats are here once again because they have an extremely underrated defense that always comes together around this time of year.

People giving Brady all the credit are kinda delusional.

They win because they have an all time great QB who is basically an offensive coordinator on the field and great coach behind him. NE strength has never been their defense year to year.

And honestly McDaniels doesn’t get enough credit for his offensive design , he’s always getting head coach interviews for a reason.

-Erin Wotherspoon

NE’s strength in the early 2000’s WAS their defense. McGinest, Bruschi etc. Belichick has a brilliant defensive mind.

Post deleted

The other constant is the Patriots system, which is disciplined, effective, and cost efficient. I'm interested to see what happens to that once Belichick leaves.

Tom is the goat, however the way the Patriots system is run played a critical role to his success

I'm cumming.

Every team uses a system the Patriots just happen to have the same QB running it for the better part of the last 19 years.

I don’t think we should attribute long term success to a system considering the amount of roster and coaching turnover they have had over the years.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Their system is superior to the others. It's run very differently, and you can look at how they pay players differently to see what I mean

I'm cumming.

Don't make me teach you a lesson dopshit I will unveil the full plan in due time. Praise me you fuck I am Omar king of the blacks.

It’s superior because Brady is running it. You can’t just interchange any QB into that system and produce a dynasty of the level they have produced.

Brady is clearly the most important cog in the engine.

You think if An average or even above average but not great QB is replacing Brady they’re going to 3 straight SBs and winning 9 AFC titles over a 19 year period ?Highly unlikely .

-Erin Wotherspoon

You can take a talented QB, put him in their system, and see positive results. Case study: Matt Cassel.

Your last paragraph is… Ridiculous. I never said that can be done. Go away, PE. Tom is the goat, I am probably a bigger Pats fan than you are, but the Patriots system was critical to Tom's success.

I'm cumming.