Fashion : 5 Reasons All Men Should Wear Pink

5 Reasons All Men Should Wear Pink

Do you agree or disagree?

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/reasons-men-wear-pink/

Excerpts:
If there’s anyone to blame for making pink a “girly” color – it’s the clothing businesses from way back. They made that decision before most of us were even born.

Pink and blue weren’t originally gender-specific colors. They were often used together for infants’ clothes and accessories (pink represented rosy cheeks and youth) UNTIL manufacturers in the ‘60s and ‘70s got greedy.

Parents started to know a child’s sex from an earlier age. So companies capitalized on this and introduced gender-specific clothing. This would mean that parents could no longer hand down a baby girl’s clothes to a baby boy and vice versa. They’d have to buy a second set. So the tradition of “pink is for girls” and “blue is for boys” began.
The early 1900s saw the very first pink dress shirt – designed by Brooks Brothers – become a hit. It was initially meant to target female students but it caught on more with college guys. The shirt suited their so-called Ivy League look.

These examples prove how trends come and go, making way for what's new or original. But then again… in this day and age where we see the return of dark lipstick and long hair – who knows what can happen to pink? Who's to say it won't become masculine again? Chances are good.

Re: 5 Reasons All Men Should Wear Pink

I've got more than a few pink shirts and ties and I can assure you nobody worth listening to gives a damn about me wearing them.

I'd say stop listening to fag hags and jazz mags and be yourself.

LOL. 🤡🌎

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Disagree, but don't really care much.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

That's a pink emoticon!

Good catch, Crystal!

Thanks!

I can’t do it. I’ve never had an inclination to wear pink. I like shades of blue and gray. I don’t even like red. Brings out my nose freckles. Cool colors only.

Which colors are cool?

Post deleted

I prefer maroon too.

I know @Ajgoodfellow wears pink underwear, but do any other guys here wear pink? It's making a comeback as a masculine color.

I only have two.

I wore pink last night.

I must be a sicko, because I know what that means.

uhhhhhhk

I have a pink and black-striped tie, and I never get so many (positive) comments on any other article of clothing.

Let's see it!

I am a technopeasant here.

just imagine a beautiful tie with pink and black diagonal stripes, worn round the hero's neck and stirred by a mysterious wind, much like it stirs the heroic office-worker's luxurious hair, as he fights for colour equality in the workplace.

😍

I don't wanna look like a messenger from the Candy Kingdom.

I once read a history article that said men used to wear pink, not women, because it was a form of red and men often had bloody clothes due to battle. Wish I could remember where I read that

It's in the article I linked to in my OP:
Those outfits were considered very masculine at that time. Steele also mentions how pink was considered a “warlike color” since it was a “diminutive of red.” This fashion and way of thinking got lost as society changed.

Doh! Caught me not reading the link!

yeah, it saves on the washing up!

Post deleted

Post deleted

I like pink shirts on men

I call bullshit. PC warriors are trying to rewrite history.

I just don't believe for a second that pink was ever considered a masculine color. The color red has been associated with women going back to Biblical times. For example there is the Scarlet Woman in the Bible, the Whore of Babylon. Just look at artwork going back to the Renaissance. How often do you see men in pink and not blue? Pink is a light shade of red. It's a feminine color. Pink is associated with women because it's the color of the labia.

This is a load of crap and you can find a link on the internet to support any opinion no matter how bizarre.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior