Plays : Rent is a Terrible Play

Rent is a Terrible Play

The script is bad, the characters are boring and uninspired, and the songs are abominable. The one exception is Seasons of Love. Other than that it's entirely irredeemable and should not be watched by anybody except as a study on how not to produce a play.

Re: Rent is a Terrible Play

Rent is a rock musical with music, lyrics, and book by Jonathan Larson,[1] loosely based on Giacomo Puccini's opera La bohème. It tells the story of a group of impoverished young artists struggling to survive and create a life in New York City's East Village in the thriving days of Bohemian Alphabet City, under the shadow of HIV/AIDS.

Sounds godawful

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Yea. I'm not a fan of musical theater so if I'm going to enjoy myself the songs better be pretty good at least. I only went because my nephew was performing in it. He was fine in it, and the theater group was pretty good overall, but you can't spin gold out of straw.

Post deleted

I couldn't disagree with you more. I saw it on Broadway and off Broadway. I saw the film in the theater 3 times.

I own a DVD of the film and Also of the last live performance on Broadway.

Many many wonderful songs. Johnaton Larson was a genius.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

And you accuse me of being gay?

He was on a date with his mom to see it, nothing gay about that.

Wow you just out gayed me.

I've seen it performed onstage 4-5 times although I'm not the biggest fan of the movie.

Well I love Rosario that's why The film is also important to me.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Post deleted