Health & Fitness : What is the most painful thing you ever experienced?

What is the most painful thing you ever experienced?

For me it was a kidney stone

Re: What is the most painful thing you ever experienced?

Frostbite on both of my ears. Luckily my ears didn't turn black and have to be amputated but for two days they were in intense pain while they were rewarming and circulation was coming back.

What were you doing to get frostbite?

Walking to work without a hat on.

When I lived in Anchorage, Alaska, I used to walk to work every day (the hotel I worked at was only 15 minutes away from my apartment) and most days the temps were in the teens or low twenties - no hat needed, I figured. Well, I had no idea what the temperature was when I stepped outside on that particular day. Of course, I knew it was cold out but I had no idea just how cold it had gotten - it was 30 below zero (actually, the 'real feel temperature' was 50 below with the wind chill). When it's THAT COLD you don't even feel it- any exposed skin just turns numb within seconds. When I got to work, I noticed that my ears were swollen, somewhat discolored and very numb, I thought nothing of it until the intense burning pain started.

The pain turned out to be a good thing though because it meant that circulation was slowly coming back into my ears but I was scared for awhile about losing them - luckily they went back to normal size, though they've been reddish in color ever since - it looks like my ears have a permanent sunburn (but I'm not complaining, at least I still have them).

Suffice to say, I learned my lesson the hard way and now I never go out during the winter months without wearing a hat or ear muffs.

Wow, that was scary, you dodged a bullet. Glad your ears stayed intact

Physical Pain? Gallstones.

Me too babie.

Did you have your gallbladder removed?

I did.

❤️Joy to the boards the PAGG has cum

Yep in 2014. After several attacks with last one landing me in hospital for couple days.

caught my ankle in bike spokes when my uncle had me on his bmx.

I never cried once.

I put my whole palm on a red hot, hot plate. The pain went on for days, my whole palm blistered, the blister broke, the burnt skin peeled off and my palm had no lines for weeks until they all came back. Amazing how your body regenerates itself.

That's the thing with burns, the pain doesn't stop

Mine was the muscle spasms from a herniated disc. It's like a knife that stops you in your tracks

I've broken my leg, tailbone, and toe before, and still found none of them to have been as painful as aerosinusitis.

If left untreated, it can cause your sinuses or eardrums to rupture whilst descending on an airplane. It genuinely feels like you're taking an icepick to the ears, eye socket, forehead, and teeth. The first time it happened I thought I was hemorrhaging or having an aneurysm, and turned to the man next to me to ask fearfully if my eyes were red. You're always left with swelling, tenderness, and a persistent migraine for about a week afterward.

Sudafed is a miracle medication in that regard, and staves off those attacks ninety percent of the time if taken exactly three hours before landing.

The train is coming with shiny cars, comfy seats, and wheels of stars. Hush, little ones, have no fear; the man in the moon is the engineer.

ankle is the sorest part to hurt you wimp, a lot more nerves there!

You ever tried to do anything at all with a broken tailbone?

The train is coming with shiny cars, comfy seats, and wheels of stars. Hush, little ones, have no fear; the man in the moon is the engineer.

you know where a bikes chain goes on a bicycle, my 3 year old ankle caught in that.

I have a scar too, wanna see which i had to get skin graft from my thigh area to cover it.

I've never heard of that before, awful

When I was a little kid, I was running around my grandparents' pool for whatever reason in my bare feet and tripped on the cement walkway surrounding the pool and the friction between my pinky toe and the cement caused the nail to come clean off.

Now, already in a great amount of pain, my parents had to hold me down so they could clean the wound out with the only thing they could find to do just that which was… rubbing alcohol.

I've never experienced pain like that, and I doubt I ever will again. It was almost like my foot was on fire and people were stabbing it with rusty screws.

I'm as real as a doughnut, motherfucker.

These all sound horrible 😭

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I've been curious about what depersonalization is like. What causes the pain..anxiety or deep sadness or ? Is it actually painful?

Post deleted

Post deleted

I'm so glad that we(as humans in general) can go through something like that and still come through it, heal.
I'm glad you are better now.

They pinch your nipples real hard as they scream in your face “STOP BEING A FAG GADDAMNIT”

You just cry and cry until you say “FINE! FINE! I LOVE PUSSY! I LOVE PUSSY” with little tears in your eyes

❤️Joy to the boards the PAGG has cum

Aw :(

Post deleted

This thread isnt making anyone else depressed, that might be a personal problem love💜

Post deleted

Yes, they do. It's like talking about your war wounds. Its therapeutic.

Post deleted

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Post deleted

Second degree burn down the entire length of my left thigh. It was in middle school and I was boiling spaghetti. I went to take the pot off of the stove to drain it, and the handle broke, which sent the scalding water (noodles and all) spilling down my leg. I was rushed to the ER where the wound was debrided and bandaged.

I was sent home with a thigh full of blisters and pain killers. Luckily, my mom was a nurse, so she changed the bandages daily and kept me relatively comfortable. It took about 2 months to heal.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Burns take so long to heal, don't they. Do you have a scar? My hand skin grew back without any noticeable imperfections.

Thankfully, no. I did have what appeared to be a large patch of missing skin in the area for a few years, but as I grew up, it has since faded.

I'm glad that your hand healed up without any lasting effects. Burns are just awful.

Ahhhhjh ouch! How horrble! Is there a scar?

No, thank goodness.

Being debrided must be torture

It was, but the doc told my mom that it would reduce scarring and facilitate new tissue growth, so had to be done. But it hurt like hell!

I know they have to but, damn!

Lol yeah. Just one of those things that you have to suffer through, I suppose.

I just made a thread on it but I think tearing my gastro might be at the top. When I was a kid, I shattered my elbow and broke my arm in two places and the bone was sticking out, but I was 7 and I can't recall what level of pain that was in comparison to the tear. However, I do remember breaking ribs six times, a jaw cracking once, cracking the same elbow, fracturing and dislocating carpals and metacarpals, and none of them were as painful as the tear. So my guess is the tear.

Are you a boxer?

I was. I did boxing, Muay Thai, shootfighting, and Brazilian JJ.

Geez! That's brutal.

I was in a car accident and hit the steering wheel with my mouth and cut my gums. I remember it hurting then it went numb

Pain is great: That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? For me, I smashed a bare toe once, and broken toes typically can't be set. The pain was unbelievable. Other painful episodes that made me sit up and take notice: one time I accidentally ran a welding torch across my bare hand. One time, got my knee severely hit in a football scrimmage. Once got hit in my upper lip by a flying metal can, then had to have it stitched up w/o any local anesthesia. Had a bout of plantar fasciitis - stabbing pain in my heel bone when I walked - that went on for a couple months.

My sister recently smashed her toe and lost her toenail

I know what it's like to be stitched without anesthesia, when I cut my gums on the steering wheel they gave me a shot of anesthetic but it didn't take

Ughhh. The one good thing about these incidences is that you didn't see them coming and didn't have to anticipate them.

I had a bad migraine once that caused me to go to the emergency room because it was coupled with nausea so bad I couldn't even hold down water which is a problem because I think dehydration causes migraines so maybe it had a positive feedback effect. They gave me some sort of opioid which gave me the most comfortable feeling I have ever experienced, like I was sleeping on a cloud. I think it was Vicodin.

Ah, nice ending.