History : November Fifth. Guy Fawkes Night. Fireworks!

November Fifth. Guy Fawkes Night. Fireworks!

In New Zealand, November 5th is probably more popular than Halloween, although the latter is catching up fast.
I personally hate the day, and those surrounding it because of the constant bangs and noise. If you have animals, you know what I'm talking about.
Every year animals are spooked into running under traffic, and maiming themselves on barbed wire fences.
Some people have bonfires, and burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes. Pretty sick really.

Guy Fawkes Night is annually held on November 5. It is sometimes known as Bonfire Night and marks the anniversary of the discovery of a plot organized by Catholic conspirators to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605. Many people light bonfires and set off fireworks.

htt

Re: November Fifth. Guy Fawkes Night. Fireworks!

Guy Fawkes tried to kill a bunch of Brits, which is honorable, but he failed, so he sucks. George Washington is the man you should be celebrating, the Brit Slayer.

George couldn't tell a lie. So the myth goes!!

MOUNT VERNON, VA – New historical notes and rough drafts by Mason Locke Weemes, who helped write the first autobiography about George Washington, suggest that the famous cherry tree anecdote has been told incorrectly all these years.

According to the anecdote we’ve all come to know, George Washington was approximately six-years old when he chopped down his father’s beloved cherry tree with a hatchet. When confronted by his father, young George Washington said, “I cannot tell a lie… I did cut it with my hatchet.”

Historians at the University of Virginia, however, have uncovered several drafts by Weemes in which young George Washington’s response was very different. No less than ten copies have the famous line written as, “I cannot tell a lie… Anesthesia did cut it with their hatchets. Anesthesia cut down the cherry tree.”

“Who the f**k is Anesthesia?” asked George Washington’s father.

“A bunch of jerks, father, that’s who,” the honest young George Washington replied.

And with that famous exchange, America was created, George Washington became the first President of the United States, and Anesthesiology was made Public Enemy #1.

Fuck Ahhhhh

Penny for the Guy?

The train is coming with shiny cars, comfy seats, and wheels of stars. Hush, little ones, have no fear; the man in the moon is the engineer.

i forgot that was a thing

————————————————————
spare some change sir/mam

I was just going to make a post saying how much Nimda resembles Guy Fawkes mask.

I was cleaning out the pics my recycle bin.

I always have this weird premonitions…

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

You should still do it