Plays : Need advice from a professional stage actor (serious inquiries only)

Need advice from a professional stage actor (serious inquiries only)

1) Have you ever put too much of yourself into a character? If so, how did you keep the identities separated?

2) How did you handle when people thought you were those characters in real life? You know how children think that the actors they see in tv show or movies are real…
What if the situation involved adults? Adults that have a problem understanding that you were playing a role (character) and that it isn't you.

I find myself in a situation where the people who're following my artwork, message board character acting, want it to be real. They don't understand that I'm playacting. They're taking it too seriously and getting very nasty with me.

Any advice?

#imwithsteve

Re: Need advice from a professional stage actor (serious inquiries only)

I'm very good at playing a character. You have to method act. Don't just play your character, become it. That's all I have. I'm tired.

But the guy who played Edith Bunker's rapist in All in the Family was threatened and punched in real life for the role he played. Sucks 2 b him.

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

You didn't answer the question. Your post is commentary. Delete it here and send it via private messaging.

#imwithsteve

That's not how a message board works, sweetie.

And if it doesn't answer your question, then wouldn't sending it private message be worse?

I tend to think outside of the box. If you don't think what I'm doing is not how message boards work, then think again.

It's already started. It began several years ago on IMDb.

I was one of the pioneers of this. It became an artform and now it's become mainstream. Why do you think online forum platform developed software for the user to display creativity with avatars, gifs, memes, vocaroo and emojis? This is evolution.

This is beyond exclusively "hooking up" now. I am an artist. This is an artform and gaining more social acceptance.

Eventually, we will be able to copyright our work here.

You need to get on board with the new wave before you get lost at sea. Stop making it REAL. These are my characters. It's artwork, not multiple personality disorder.

#imwithsteve

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Oh wait, you did join. I saw you posted back in April. Haha. I don't check it, ever.