History : The last words of famous people.

The last words of famous people.

Jesus Christ – “It is finished. Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”

Diana, Princess of Wales – “My God. What’s happened?”

John Lennon – “I’m shot.”

Bob Marley – “Money can’t buy life.”

Kurt Cobain – “It’s better to burn out than to fade away.”

Terry Katch (Rock musician) – “Don’t worry, it’s not loaded.”

Humphrey Bogart – “All you owe the public is a good performance.”

Joe DiMaggio – “I’m finally going to see Marilyn again.”

Elvis Presley – “Just a minute. I have to go to the bathroom.”

Leonard Nimoy (Spock’s last Tweet) – “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP.”

Bing Crosby – “That was a great game of golf, fellers.”

Oscar Wilde – “Either that wallpaper goes or I do.”

Hunter S. Thompson – “Relax – This won’t hurt.”

Adolf Hitler – “I myself and my wife – in order to escape the disgrace of deposition or capitulation – choose death. It is our wish to be burnt immediately on the spot where I have carried out the greatest part of my daily work in the course of a twelve years’ service to my people.”

Robert Alton Harris (California Gas Chamber, 1922) – “You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.”

William Somerset Maugham – “Dying is a very dull and dreary affair. My advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it.”

Surgeon Joseph Henry Green – “Stopped.” (Checking his own pulse as he lay dying.)

Salvador Dali – “I do not believe in my death.”

Queen Elizabeth I – “All my possessions for a moment of time.”

Errol Flynn – “I’ve had a hell of a lot of fun and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.”

John Quincy Adams – “This, is the last of earth. I am content.”

Buddha – “Work hard to gain your own salvation.”

George Bernard Shaw – “Sister, you’re trying to keep me alive as an old curiosity, but I’m done, I’m finished, I’m going to die.”

Erskine Childers (Irish Nationalist facing firing squad) – “Take a step forward, lads. It will be easier that way.”

Che Guevara – “I know you have come to kill me. Shoot, Coward. You are only going to kill a man.”

Julius Caesar – “Et tu, Brute?”

Leonardo Da Vinci – “I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.”

Thomas Edison – “It is very beautiful over there.”

Karl Marx – “Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough.”

Sir Winston Churchill – “I’m bored with it all.”

Luciana Pavarotti – “I believe that a life lived for music is an existence spent wonderfully, and this is what I have dedicated my life to.”

Crazy Horse – “Hokahey! Today is a good day to die.”

James W. Rodgers – “Bring me a bullet-proof vest.” (Asked for a last request when facing a Utah firing squad in Utah.)

Dylan Thomas (Welsh poet) – “I’ve had 18 straight whiskies. I think that’s the record!”

Alfred Hitchcock – “One never knows the ending. One has to die to know exactly what happens after death, although Catholics have their hopes.”

Charles Darwin – “I am not the least afraid to die.”

Thomas J. Grasso – “I did not get my Spaghetti-O’s. I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.” (Convicted murderer using his last words to complain about his last meal.)

Amelia Earhart – “Please know that I am quite aware of the hazards. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” (Last radio communiqué before her disappearance.)

George Washington – “It is well, I die hard, but I am not afraid to go.”

Prophet Muhammad – “Oh Allah. Pardon my sins. Yes, I come.”

Francis ‘Two-Gun’ Crowley (Texas Electric Chair, 1931) – “You sons of bitches. Give my love to mother.”

General John Sedgwick – “They couldn’t hit an elephant at this distance.”

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) – “What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the winter. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.”

What are some others, m8s?

Re: The last words of famous people.

Aleister Crowley - "I am perplexed."

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Kurt Cobain – “It’s better to burn out than to fade away.”

more like: "Courtney, no!"

LIKE THIS ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/FilmBoards-IMDB-Message-Boards-Extension-1873692816293575/

I've heard there are conspiracy theories related to Cobain's death.

He was definitely murdered.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

*yoink*

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Most of those are nonsense, but especially Cesar's "Et tu, Brute?", since it's a line written by Shakespeare.

You're right about "Et tu, Brute?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_tu%2C_Brute%3F

Which other ones do you think are falsely attributed to the person?

Most of them. Tradionally, great men (not so much women), as a mark of respect, had last words attributed to them that not only dignified their death but honored their life.

We do the opposite these days, because we're devolving as a species.

What is the opposite?

Deride, disrespect, denigrate, criticize, and so on.

We do the opposite these days, because we're devolving as a species.

Can't say I disagree with that.

Da Vinci

Robert Alton Harris (California Gas Chamber, 1922) – “You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.”
1922? Why do I remember that case so well? Harris was executed in 1992, mainly for killing two teenage boys in San Diego while on a crime spree. I remember that after he killed the boys he stole their hamburgers and ate them.

[center][poll] multiple [s][/s] [sic] [sub][/sub] [sup][/sup] [u][/u]  

“We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere.

And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow.”

When Hezbollah defeated Israel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIt2eblH88 Fucken beautiful

"I always knew it'd be you. No, I will not 'Enjoy.'"
-Nimda

Whatever that means, mate!