Books : What are you reading?

What are you reading?

I read 1 section of how to move to Germany a day, at least.

I'm also learning German, when I am into it.

Exciting!

I'm also trying to learn all of Suzuki 2 for violin and make a recital for it, when I'm comfortable. There are only like 15 songs, maybe.

BlogSpotSelfies • 34 • East Coast Florida • New Orleans

Re: What are you reading?

The Ass Couple! I'm on my 3rd read through!

I couldn't find it.

It would give you nightmares.

Each of us has heaven and hell in him, Basil

It even gave me nightmares…even though I don't remember most of it…lol

I just remember being horrified by the nudity in there.

A true classic, to be sure.

Each of us has heaven and hell in him, Basil

I'm reading these boards right now. Always stimulating.

Do you have a blog?

No. I'm not interesting enough.

My regular blog has only 1 post. I have a 2ndary one I post on more that has lots of interesting stuff.

Why don’t you read the classified ads for a new job.

I was trying to find a job in Germany, but they only listed ones with prerequisites, like in science or healthcare etc.

Life and Terror in Stalin's Russia, 1934-1941 by Robert W. Thurston - A revisionist look at the so-called Great Terror that gripped Russia during the Stalin era. The author is somewhat sympathetic to Stalin and claims that the purges were in some cases semi-justified (truth be told, Trotskyites really WERE trying to undermine the regime - there was a need to be vigilant) or in other cases, the work of Stalin's underlings (Beria, Kaganovich, etc) and an out of control party apparatus and were carried out independent of Stalin. Consider: Stalin had a country to run, it's unlikely that he had the time to plan every 'show trial' and order the execution of every political opponent or suspect official. Actually, some of the Great Terror's victims were loyal party members and Stalin regretted seeing them be found guilty on dubious charges. Was Stalin a good guy? No, but there is a need for historical accuracy and clarity. It's an interesting read.

A poorly copyedited book-type thing, maybe a white paper, about the credit crisis of 2008.