Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Pre-Jesus

Pre-Jesus

Apollo Alexander the Great died for our sins

Please discuss.

With earnestness they disclaimed all cannibal propensities on their own part — ✡ the Jews ✡ — as inveterate gormandizers of human flesh!

Re: Pre-Jesus

You implemented [a[ to counter the flaw I discovered in your codes that resulted on proverbial blackout of threads.

I don't think this sketchy code will work worth a try tho better idea would have been to use [a[ as code for gifs and meme images pppl love doing that

The first Christians were Hellenized Jews. Alexander conquered the Jews and the Jewish upper class turned away from their traditions and adopted the more secular ways of the Greeks. If there had not been an Alexander there would have been no Jesus. Jesus took advantage of popular Jewish discontent with the dominant Pharisees who profaned the temples.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

They say that Alexander was an incarnation of God Apollo

Ancients always equated their powerful leaders with gods.

I GameBoy - H. superior

I google images them saw resemblance some websites agree with my theory. Also…

Also,

With earnestness they disclaimed all cannibal propensities on their own part — ✡ the Jews ✡ — as inveterate gormandizers of human flesh!

The devil!

Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris.

So are you suggesting God the Father was influenced into sending Jesus to Earth by Alexander? How could Jesus be influenced by a worldly existence?

No, I'm saying Jesus was a political leader who challenged the power of the rabbis. Of course a religious veneer was put over the whole thing.

I GameBoy - H. superior

http://www.sirbacon.org/mcomedyerrors.htm

Significantly, Plato, who follows the Orphic and mystery teachings throughout his dialogues, has the following to say, in the Republic II (362e), referring to the just man:

"What they will say is this, that such being his
disposition the just man will have to endure the lash,
the rack, chains, the branding iron in his eyes, and
finally, after every extremity of suffering, he will
be crucified."

The Orphics had a number of books which contained the details of their theology.These books have been lost, but I have no doubt this little jewel from Plato came straight from one of these. Dionysus was known by the name "Pentheus", i.e. "man of suffering."

Dionysus was known among the Greeks as the god of the vine, and of wine. Hence in the New Testament in John 15:1 we find Jesus saying,

"I am the true vine."