Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Baruch Spinoza's Pantheism was bested by Hegel & Friedrich von Schelling

Baruch Spinoza's Pantheism was bested by Hegel & Friedrich von Schelling

Panentheism (meaning "all-in-God", from the Ancient Greek πᾶν pân, "all", ἐν en, "in" and Θεός Theós, "God") is the belief that the divine pervades and interpenetrates every part of the universe and also extends beyond time and space. The term was coined by the German philosopher Karl Krause in 1828 to distinguish the ideas of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (1770–1831) and Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph Schelling (1775–1854) about the relation of God and the universe from the supposed pantheism of Baruch Spinoza. Unlike pantheism, which holds that the divine and the universe are identical, panentheism maintains an ontological distinction between the divine and the non-divine and the significance of both.

While pantheism asserts that "all is God", panentheism claims that God is greater than the universe. Some versions of panentheism suggest that the universe is nothing more than the manifestation of God. In addition, some forms indicate that the universe is contained within God, like in the Kabbalah concept of tzimtzum. Also much Hindu thought – and consequently Buddhist philosophy – is highly characterized by panentheism and pantheism. The basic tradition however, on which Krause's concept was built, seems to have been Neoplatonic philosophy and its successors in Western philosophy and Orthodox theology.

New York Association of the Balding | HIV Advocacy

Re: Baruch Spinoza's Pantheism was bested by Hegel & Friedrich von Schelling

Shut up koont!

I'm a pantheist, not a panentheist. Panentheism essentially becomes traditional religion with a creator god. There is no god. We don't know what to call it.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

I believe that there is this universe and more. Possibly infinite universes. Pantheism confines you to this world only.

With earnestness they disclaimed all cannibal propensities on their own part — ✡ the Jews ✡ — as inveterate gormandizers of human flesh!

Pantheism includes everything, including infinite universes. The other possibility is that infinite universes are infinite minds. Interesting though, that there is more than one god. Mormonism teaches that.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Pantheism includes everything, including infinite universes

That is not the classic definition of pantheism.

With earnestness they disclaimed all cannibal propensities on their own part — ✡ the Jews ✡ — as inveterate gormandizers of human flesh!

Pantheism says the universe itself is "god". I reject the word "god". But it says everything is a totality and works together. It is the opposite of nihilism which holds everything is random and purposeless.

My point is that if everything is "god", that would include infinite universes. God would comprise all infinity, all the universes, and the space between.

But are you saying Hegel bested Spinoza to get at Patrick? You know that boy is a philosopher.

I GameBoy - H. superior

There is more than just a Universe, multiverses, infinite universes. There are planes, branes, strings, non-universes out there, and Panentheism's definition speculates that "God is Universe and more," which was the original definition of the word until complicated by the idiots that followed.

But are you saying Hegel bested Spinoza to get at Patrick? You know that boy is a philosopher.

People like rocketman, saucy, markymark, others are more intelligent than him. And Spinoza has millions of fans.

Non-Universes, Para-Universes, Post-Universes, Pre-Universes!

Quasi-Universes, Hyper-Multiverses, meta-universes, Infiverses!

Why are you so scared of your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

Why do you reject him after what he’s done for you?

Jesus couldn't even save himself how would he be the God and Savior of the world(s)?

Jesus better than God!

He didn't answer.

I revere both Spinoza and Hegel. They created secular modernity, despite the fact that their philosophies were about “God”.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1zQPfbgLrED

My…..brain…..hurts…..

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

I have a headache.

Take some Tylenol.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I am a retard 😂

Derp Derp Derp

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.