Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Pentecostalism > Calvinist Protestantism

Pentecostalism > Calvinist Protestantism

Pentecostalism is a form of Christianity that emphasises the work of the Holy Spirit and the direct experience of the presence of God by the believer. Pentecostals believe that faith must be powerfully experiential, and not something found merely through ritual or thinking.

As their name implies, the Pentecostal churches lay particular emphasis on the gifts of the Holy Spirit (Greek: Charismata) as manifested in the life of the individual. The roots of Pentecostalism lie in the “holiness” movement as form of empowerment for the Christian through the Holy Spirit, which for example was developed by John Wesley in Methodism.

It is supported by the Holy Bible:

“I am telling you the truth,” replied Jesus, “that no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. A person is born physically of human parents, but is born spiritually of the Spirit. (John 3:5-6)

When they finished praying, the place where they were meeting was shaken. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to proclaim God’s message with boldness. (Acts 4:31)

Do not restrain the Holy Spirit; (1 Thessalonians 5:19)

God poured out the Holy Spirit abundantly on us through Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 3:6)

The Spirit’s presence is shown in some way in each person for the good of all. (1 Corinthians 12:7)

But you, my friends, keep on building yourselves up on your most sacred faith. Pray in the power of the Holy Spirit (Jude 1:20)

In the same way the Spirit also comes to help us, weak as we are. For we do not know how we ought to pray; the Spirit himself pleads with God for us in groans that words cannot express. (Romans 8:26)

Peter said to them, “Each one of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven; and you will receive God’s gift, the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)

Jesus drew near and said to them, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)

Pentecostals: Commitment to Christ, Experiencing God, Salvation Experience, and a Connection with God Here on Earth.

Compare it to Calishits:

Calvinist (Protestant Reformation View): Metaphysical Salvation, Salvation and the Gospel Message with Metaphysical Implications, Focused on Who is Saved and Who is Not, and an Emphasis on Being Saved From God’s Wrath After Death.

Total Depravity of Man – Man’s nature is totally fallen and needs the grace of God and the work of the Holy Spirit working in him (regeneration) before he can find faith.

Unconditional Election – Election is the act of God in choosing an individual. His choice is not based on any foreseen merit in man, but rather comes from his own mercy.

Limited Atonement – Christ’s death was effective in removing only the sins of those chosen by him (The ‘Elect’) and not for all mankind. This is also known as Particular Redemption.

Irresistible Grace – The call of the Holy Spirit in bringing a person to conversion cannot be frustrated. God’s grace, given freely, always results in salvation.

Perseverance of the Saints – Those who are chosen by God, will continue in faith until the end. Those who fall away will not have had true faith in the beginning.

The fuck is limited atonement?

Betrayed by God. Cursed by his Blessed Angels. Hated by Everyone.

Re: Pentecostalism > Calvinist Protestantism

I find the whole premise of this thread grand. It's novel. Pitting oppositing dogmatic beliefs against each other is a true work of devilish ontologue and such.

Re: Pentecostalism > Calvinist Protestantism

What did he mean by this?

Betrayed by God. Cursed by his Blessed Angels. Hated by Everyone.