Plays : I was once turned down to play Bruce Banner in a Marvel play in college.

I was once turned down to play Bruce Banner in a Marvel play in college.

Back in college I'd participate in several dramaturgical projects and theatre productions. A master's student in a dramaturgy or theater course had to write one small play for her final assignment. One of the plays was a silly political-themed play using Marvel characters. These plays were were held in a small venue and free to attend. In one of the scenes, Captain America was discussing George Bush's role in the Iraq War while having coffee with Spider-man.

The suits were just spandex or cheap padding. It wasn't meant to look good. The guy who played Hulk was a tall student, around 6'5, although somewhat lean, but he wore a Hulk-padded costume with cotton stuffing that made him appear even taller and bulkier.

I didn't fit the Peter Parker or Wolverine look (the guy who played Wolverine was this black-haired hairy Ukrainian and he nailed the look) and Captain America was the one of the first to go. I had auditioned for Bruce Banner (Hulk and Bruce Banner were to be played be separate parts) as I felt the part was relatively small and I could nail it.

But the casting student felt I was too tall and muscular for the role. They wanted the guy who plays Bruce Banner to have a small, lean frame, to contrast the Hulk's large frame, so that when the Hulk steps on stage, there would be a prominent difference in transformation between the two, like a Jeckyll and Hyde kind of thing. So they ended up casting a 5'9 skinny dude.

I didn't participate in that play but I would do a reading of The Raven the week after in a Poe homage.

I am addicted to you; I have tasted your mind, and I cannot forgo its flavor.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: I was once turned down to play Bruce Banner in a Marvel play in college.

He’s not an actor he’s a douchebag

❤️Joy to the boards the PAGG has cum

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.