No Good Deed : In horror films, why do the women always run UPSTAIRS??

In horror films, why do the women always run UPSTAIRS??

Ever since Scream made fun of the trope, I find it hard to understand why horror/thrillers still have the victim running up the stairs instead of bee-lining to the back door or a window or something. Within the first 20 minutes of this film when we meet that latina in her home, she does the exact same thing. So cheesy.

http://www.1971-reviewae.com

Re: In horror films, why do the women always run UPSTAIRS??

Well,In Hollywood films most houses have a staircase.Only a handfull of houses now have one.So in my case in real life if this were to happen to me I would have to be stupid and run down the hallway to get away from the killer.

LOL. They do tend to run upstairs to their impending doom. I guess cause it looks cool to run around in a 2-story house on the big screen?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

In Southern Hemisphere horror films, women always run DOWNSTAIRS due to the Coriolis effect.
Good one. Then I need to watch this movie south of the equator.

LOL...good topic OP. I was saying the same thing when I was watching the movie with my sister. I was yelling back at the TV saying "don't run up the stairs". Then the other day I was looking at Scream 2 and they always run upstairs. These ladies love the stairs, I would have ran my behind out the backdoor or somewhere where I can get to someone house real quick.

LOL...good topic OP. I was saying the same thing when I was watching the movie with my sister. I was yelling back at the TV saying "don't run up the stairs". Then the other day I was looking at Scream 2 and they always run upstairs. These ladies love the stairs, I would have ran my behind out the backdoor or somewhere where I can get to someone house real quick.

Has everyone missed the fact that her children were upstairs??

I was thinking the same thing! She was protecting her kids!

I think it's also instinctual to go up. You see it all the time with animals. Up is considered safer, as it gives them more of an advantage and puts them put of reach. The same can be said for people. That instinct is there, and they unconsciously go up without realizing it.