No Good Deed : when Terri thought he was going to rape her

when Terri thought he was going to rape her

He said "Don't flatter yourself", meaning he thought she was a turnoff and he didn't want to follow through. She wasn't horribly ugly, but she wasn't hot enough for her. They couldn't have given the part to Beyonce Knowles because it wouldn't seem believable if he passed her up.

Re: when Terri thought he was going to rape her

Rape is not about attraction. It is about power. So your comment is offensive.

Outside of that point, Terri / Taraji is an attractive woman.

Its' being only about power depends on the rapist.

Well put. Some rapists want women who are at a certain attractiveness level or better. Though it's not impossible that he could have raped her; Taraji's far from the ugliest girl in the world.

She is not bad looking. But, the attraction factor --lust motivated rape-- may not have been on his mind if he was there to attack her husband. He might have only considered raping her as a form of revenge against her man.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Rape is not about attraction. It is about power. So your comment is offensive

The fact that people still need to be reminded of this is disturbing.

To suggest that men only rape "hot/attractive" women is not just offensive, it's just plain not true.

I didn't think he meant it like she wasn't attractive enough--but that even though he was crazy, he was not into raping women. He was there to kill somebody, not have sex. In another post, I thought that he seemed to be asexual. He knew that he was goodlooking but he was too narcissistic to even think about letting loose with someone else.

Good point. I think he was letting it be known that he didn't HAVE to rape someone to get it. Now we know rape is about power, but many men still don't get that. But a narcissist like him seems like he'd only equate it to the need for sex.

So you think that Beyonce is so good looking that she would cause a man to rape her? Colin was obviously a violent pyschopath. However, I do believe there are men who can resist their urges if the woman is not willing.

in the movie i saw he said, "yo fatty ass", which pissed her off and then she started to become more vocal towards him. he never came there to rape her, but at that point when he made her change clothes, he was playing head games. he made her get in the shower w/him to keep an eye on her and also to flirt w/her in a sick way. he knew she had body image issues cuz he saw all the diet pills in the bathroom. initially he tells her she's beautiful, her hubby doesn't know what he's missing, then he switches it up on her and makes her feel she isn't even good enough to rape. those are all head games to make her know he's in control.

I SEE A LI-TOE SI-LOW-WEH-TOE OF A MAN
SKALLA-MOOSH, SKALLA-MOOSH!

I don't remember him saying that, but there were quite a few things I missed! You make some good points about his motivation. It was all manipulation on his part.

You're probably right. So they probably wanted a slightly nice looking girl to play the part (Taraji). She was attractive enough that some men might find her attractive, but other men who won't accept anything less than a model-perfect girl might call her fatty ass.

He didn't call her a fatty ass lol he said don't flatter yourself

Lmao @ "yo fatty ass" He did not say that. Wtf.lol!!

I wouldn't want Beyonce to get raped. She never did anything terrible to me. But if he's there anyway, and Beyonce is there anyway, he might have just taken advantage of the opportunity.

He seemed to be more in vengeful psycho mode. I think rape would only come in as a means to achieving that goal.

I wouldn't want Beyonce to get raped.

Me either, though I'd have no problem seeing her naked!

I also think that rape was the furthest thing from his mind. If he was going to rape someone, I think it would've been Alexis, but he didn't even do that to her, so I'm sure he's just not a rapist.

His intentions obviously wasn't to rape her.
He had bigger fishes to fry and she was just an shrimp in the tank.

She's a good looking woman but he wasn't there to rape her. Unattractive women have been raped before I'm sure......

What's also interesting is that Terri seemed kind of offended when he said that! She should have been relieved.

''What's up suicidal slut?''

I doubt she was "offended" the way people say she was.

She was pissed because he clearly was taunting her and trying to scare her, I'm guessing to remind her that he could've done it if he wanted to.

When Terri realized that Collin was just trying to get a rise out of her, THAT'S when she got pissed.

It wasn't a "So you're not going to rape me after all? What are you trying to say, that I'm not good enough for you?!" it was more of a "Did you seriously just put me through that just to get satisfaction of seeing me cower in front of you?? Screw you!"

As for Collin I think the main reason he didn't rape her is because it wasn't what he was there for. He could've taken her WAAAAAAY before she finally realized his true colors, he had plenty of chances to do whatever he wanted to her, but didn't. Even Terri accurately pointed out that if he had wanted to do something to her, he would've done it already. Everyone else he killed/harmed in that movie, he did it without wasting a lot of time.

While I'm still not 100% clear on what his full intentions were with Terri, I don't think sexually assaulting her was his highest priority.

When he said "Don't flatter yourself" I took it to mean that he didn't think she was all that. I also thought it was interesting that she was offended by him not wanting her.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that this is a trend that Hollywood likes to follow - regarding black couples. If you notice, it's very rare to see a black man and a black woman in a "happy relationship". It's also implied that black men would rather be with a non-black woman, and vice versa (even though we didn't see the flip-side in this movie).

SPOILERS FOR ANOTHER MOVIE

Well, in Why Did I Get Married?, Janet Jackson and her husband were happily married. And they were both black. However, things went downhill fast in Why Did I Get Married 2. They had a big fight and she had a gay guy pop out of a cake for him at his place of work, to play a trick on him. She said: You want someone to be your bitch? Here's your bitch. He should have said: "You're a fine one to criticize me. Your brother Michael is the biggest fairy ever to have walked the planet."

Ummmm Beyonce??? Who says that Collin would have found Beyonce anymore attractive than Taraji?? If we look at his ex-girlfriend that he choked to death we could deduce that she was his type. Beyonce does NOT look like her so even Beyonce may have been shunned by him. He could have been totally uninterested in Mrs.Carter.

I dont think it had anything to do with hotness it's just his motive wasn't to rape anyone. I think he made her get nude as a way to humiliate her and expose her vulnerbalities and play with her emotions.

Besides there are plenty of people who DO NOT find Mrs. Carter all that good-looking (Im one of them) there are plenty of other famous women better looking than Beyonce IMO.

Taraji is beautiful. The scene was about power - when Teri showed spunk it really threw Colin off guard. He wanted his women to fear him. Remember what he said to his ex-girlfriend??? Honey, I'm HOME! AFTER 5 YEARS IN PRISON.

He was selfish and thought the world revolved around him. An independent woman like Teri was NOT an attraction for him. It was about revenge on Teri's husband who stole his woman. Teri and the kids were just pawns in the game.

I just assumed he's not into raping women; not that he thought she was too hideous for him. He said it in a mean way to f^ck with her.

He's a killer, not a rapist. He did and said those things to frighten her then insult her.

If he was going to rape her, he would've have done it regardless of what she looked like. Rape is not about sexual attraction. He was only taunting her.

I think he just wanted too look. Too see why Terri's husband would cheat on her. Then he was playing a mind game when she r I thought he was goto rape her.

At first I thought he was gonna rape her in the shower but that wasn't what he wanted. He really just wanted revenge on the husband. If he wanted to rape her he had every opportunity to do it especially when she was in her bedroom taking off her shirt and looking out the window. When they were in the kitchen.

Terri’s supposed to be a dumpy, frumpy housewife who’s already frazzled that day. She’d gone from career girl to stay-at-home mom and it was starting to take a toll. Her husband was beginning to distance himself and seemed to have already checked out of their marriage. Whoever was cast in that role would have had to portray that character; both the look and the attitude.

Collin is a sociopath who is observant and manipulative. By the time he shows up at her house, Terri is primed to fall for his ‘charm’. He couldn’t have known all that before but he picks up on her neediness from the various clues he was getting. Clearly, she wasn’t his type but thanks to her chatty friend he knew he was hers. He used it to his advantage both when he was charming her and later to control her. By rejecting her, he made her feel even lower than she had been feeling; not because she wanted him to rape her but feeling, wow, even this horrible criminal doesn’t want me. As long as she felt bad about herself, she’d continue to fear him and wouldn’t think about trying anything.

By the way, I want to scream every time I hear that rape is a crime of control. That theory was introduced some years ago and has stuck because everyone keeps repeating it. I think it’s complete nonsense and probably does a lot of harm. There are a multitude of motives behind every other crime known to man but somehow this one crime, rape, only has one? I doubt it! If you get right down to it, almost every crime has an element of control. The perpetrator needs to have some level of control over their victim to get what they want; not the other way around. If the crime involves a person, control is involved but that’s not necessarily what motivates them. If rape was solely about control, men would rape other men and women would rape other women. That does not happen in normal circumstances.

Anyway, Collin was a controlling kind of person and was fresh out of prison, where he’d been locked up for many years, but he didn’t rape his girlfriend or Terri. He used other means to gain and maintain control over them.

You're very intelligent. Control is only one factor when rape is involved, as you say. The screenwriters didn't want Colin to be perceived as gay, so they made Terri unattractive so she'd be a turnoff for him. The girl who played Terri looked beautiful and glamorous in Empire, which shocked and surprised me after seeing her in this film.

timothy-5 says > The screenwriters didn't want Colin to be perceived as gay, so they made Terri unattractive so she'd be a turnoff for him.
From what I hear, behind bars men who are supposedly not gay will have sex with other men due to the lack of women. Why would he suddenly get so picky now? She didn't look that bad.

The script has flaws but I think we're supposed to believe he's bent on getting revenge so that's his only focus; it's what drives him. He probably sat in prison for however long he was there seething, planning, and picturing what he'd do once he got out.

Woman, man! That's the way it should be Tarzan. [Tarzan and his mate]

I think he was more into white women.

This is true but he encountered two white women and, as I recall, he didn't rape either of them either. He did kill them though so perhaps it is because that's who he's attracted to; they got the brunt of his rage. However one looks at it, he's a very sick man.

Woman, man! That's the way it should be Tarzan. [Tarzan and his mate]