No Good Deed : Reason why there are no diverse leading roles

Reason why there are no diverse leading roles

Do you think its because predominately Caucasian viewers don't view black or Latinos as being middle class?

I think a lot of people view minorities as being poor or urban/city life based. Therefore a Black women in a nice house seems far fetched to them. Even though if you drive through the south almost all the houses are refurbished homes from the 1800's on the beautiful countryside.

Re: Reason why there are no diverse leading roles

No, I think because mostly White people think these movies are "urban" films and they don't relate to them not all white people think this way obviously. I mean when a "urban" film comes out( I hate the term actually its just a movie) look at how they market them. They don't market them to broad audiences. But, I think we're in a good time now where everyone is starting to show up and show out at the box office. People want diversity and there's nothing wrong with that

That's true. I remember friends not wanting to see Why Did I Get Married 2 because they assumed it was "urban" even though it was filmed in the Bahamas with Janet Jackson.

Although I can't blame them with Tyler Perry's reputation.

I think white people got over that with the COSBY show.

They don't think it's far fetched - they just know that most black people don't live in such luxury -but a few do. Funnily enough the same can be said for white people: MOST white people don't live in such luxury - but s few whites do! How do working class whites view that?

A few? How do you know? Black people don't all live in the inner city, you know.