Warcraft : Was that violent for a PG-13 movie or is it just me?

Was that violent for a PG-13 movie or is it just me?

The first scene is practically genocide. Then you have dudes being smashed over the head with warhammers, being impaled, eaten by wolves and then Guldan straight up sucking the life force of a guy. Damn.

I was not expecting that.

No f@cking sh`t lady does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza!

Re: Was that violent for a PG-13 movie or is it just me?

I thought the orcs killing humans were a little too violent

Interesting. I was wondering if it was rated G myself. No real blood/gore. Violence was very cartoony and either off camera or hidden by dust, etc.

You see at least two close ups of a man getting hit in the face with a hammer. It doesn't show the aftermath but you still see him get smashed in the face with a hammer…

Yeah like they used to do in Bugs Bunny cartoons. Also rated G.

Yeah I was pretty surprised at the violence when I saw it. Pleasantly surprised of course.

I was really amazed too. They really did push the boundaries on PG-13. Sadly the price for it was making orc blood green.

You must be young and dotn remmeber back when PG13 actually meant not suited for children and not the rating board for babies we have right now.

————————————————
The spirit of abysmal despair

Lord of the Rings is even more violent.

The violence in this film was fantasy-oriented. Very typical.

Uhmm well… it IS WARCRAFT, not CAREBEARCRAFT. Just saying. It's based on war (pure fantasy, but still war), the orcs aren't just invading Azeroth to make friends and cuddle, they're invading to exterminate anyone or anything that gets in their way, and those kinda missions usually tend to include some degree of violence and bloodshed. You wanna see less violence, go watch the Smurfs, because this isn't going to get any less brutal even if they make ten sequels…

//I was born screaming, and each day that passes it gets more obvious why!\\

I though it was very violent too. I have no problem with scenes of war and soldiers killing and dying, my problem is with normal people being killed and tortured (like the man whose life is sucked by the orc slowly)

That was kind of brutal lol. The 10 year old me would have been horrified imagining how that whole process felt.

TBH I thought LOTR first film was violent at the time for the rating it got. Ratings seem to move with the times a bit.

Think Warcraft was rather violent but WOW and Warcraft games are. Rating for mine was ok but is this was out 1990 would have got a 15.

There was a lot of violence, but it wasn't explicit. You can kill a lot of people in a PG-13 movie as long as you don't show tons of gore.

To each their own. I expected violence just like that but it didn't go too far. Showing heads smashed like melons on camera would be straight off R if not NC 17.
The only scene that was hard for me to watch was the orc putting his arm in the fel magic even with it being CGI. I just don't like the idea of one's arm or hand split open, cooked ,burnt or put in acid. That's ghoulish territory for me.

"But they knew they f**ed up." James Rolfe as AVGN

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.