Supergirl : CBS VS The CW?

CBS VS The CW?

OK, y'all, so I'm seeing people discussing how the show changed since last season, some say it was better back when it was on CBS, others say now that it's on The CW. Personally, it's hard for me to decide because they've both had their pros and cons, CBS did have a higher budget, Cat Grant was the boss, and I miss her, but the CW is more of a superhero/comic book network and it kept the show going. Plus, it's filmed in Vancouver, a city I love, and I've seen certain landmarks in S2, so that gives me a bit of nostalgia. Not to mention the big 4 crossover episodes we got last year. Anyway, both CBS and The CW were better in some ways than the other, but what do y'all think?

Re: CBS VS The CW?

I think that in both networks the show was bad.

Things were a bit better in CBS but even then the show was bad.

You lost me when you described the crossover as actually including all 4 shows.

Good job Oscars! Hopefully Asian and Hispanic nominees in 2018!

Season 1 was better than season 2. The show had a rocky start and improved and then went totally down hill in season 2. Nielsen ratings listed it as having 12 million viewers for the premier and it settled in at 8 million viewers. It has steadily lost viewers. Its currently sitting at 6 million viewers (it dipped below 6 million for one episode) and is continuing the downward trend.

I understand that its been renewed for season 3 but I suspect a mid year cancellation if that trend continues giving it 2 years total which is equal to the maximum length it has had in any media to date.

No. It's the second highest rated show on CW. It'd have to fall way more to be canceled.

I like season 1 better. There's too much a focus on romance this year. And no Cat. Still, I like Lena and I do like Alex gay though not with so much screen time for Maggie and I'd rather Alex date someone else. The storylines in general this year aren't as good.

Check out the chart in the middle of the article.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/supergirl-season-one-ratings-39121/

The show is better this season though

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I'm enjoying this season a lot more than season 1. The only exception is the absence of Calista Flockhart, as I felt she was one of the best parts of season 1.

I feel like this show fits a lot better on The CW, and as much as it supposedly has a smaller budget, they somehow manage to use it a LOT more effectively. Either less is more or they just managed to squeeze more out of it, as I feel the CGI and effects come across as more believable and polished.

The writing is much of the same but I feel like it's come into its own. One of the only low points I'm finding this season is James/Guardian so I'm hoping they can improve that particular thread, although they seem to have been pushing him more to the side lately in favour of more interesting plotlines. Mon-El's interactions with Kara are some of my favourites from either season, and the brief showing for Superman so far was excellent. In season 1 he was constantly teased and there was zero payoff from it, even and especially during the season finale. Having a morally complex member of the Luthor family in Lena Luthor is another high point, as well as Alex's new relationship with Maggie.

All in all, I feel the new characters introduced in season 2 keep things interesting and there's been a good balance of nostalgia and intriguing plotlines/characters that put it on par or better than season 1.

I will say the show is indeed a better fit on the cw than cbs. Mon el has been one of the great additions along with the maggie and alex relationship.