Supergirl : OK, about the sign thing...

OK, about the sign thing...

Hasn't this gone on far longer than it should have? What the sign said was not meant to do harm, and was NOT meant to start all this fuss over something so small. MANY men and women that day had signs far worse than that, some even "dressed" for the occasion, and let's not forget that other celebs did and said things "worse" than what happened here. Melissa seems like a lovely person, she's a celeb, yes, she's also human, as are we all, and she's more than allowed to voice her opinions, and that does give anyone the right to attack her, or any other celeb involved, from her show or the Flash. She did something she thought was funny and clever, many people on her Instagram loved that, some didn't, but it's not the shows fault, and she shouldn't have to feel bad or sorry for anything she did or said that day.

I'm still a fan of her and the show, and even though I don't really watch the Flash, I don't fault it in anyway. She's not a bad person, and no one should be turning this into a big political debate, or treating it like it's a crime. I support her and the show, and while some people here don't, many always will, and in the long run, I believe what she did won't hurt her, the show, or even Trump.

Re: OK, about the sign thing...

Knowing she has young fans who follow her Instagram account, I find it extremely irresponsible not so much that she had that sign with her, but that she made sure to post it on her account for all those young fans to see.

Knowing she has young fans who follow her Instagram account, I find it extremely irresponsible not so much that she had that sign with her, but that she made sure to post it on her account for all those young fans to see.

It's perfectly acceptable to talk about grabbing a woman's pussy. Our new president said so.

This is a THREADED message board. Please reply to the proper post!

When did the president say that?

When did the president say that?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/07/donald_trump_2005_tape_i_grab_women_by_the_pussy.html

Time index: 1:25

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It was a private conversation which got leaked. If you are ok with that, then you are ok with Melissa's private photo's being leaked as well.

It was a private conversation which got leaked. If you are ok with that, then you are ok with Melissa's private photo's being leaked as well.

There's a difference; Melissa's leaked photos showed her engaging in perfectly normal and generally socially acceptable behavior. Trump's leaked tape was the opposite.

And if Trump wants to argue that the things he said are normal and harmless, I wonder how he'd react to someone saying they wanted to grab his daughter by the pussy.

There's a difference;

Exactly! You are a hypocrite and since you hate President Trump you are ok with his private conversation being leaked.

It's perfectly acceptable to talk about grabbing a woman's pussy. Our new president said so.

Wrong as it was, he thought it was private. We have all said many things we didn't intend others to hear but she flashed her words for all to see

Wrong as it was, he thought it was private. We have all said many things we didn't intend others to hear but she flashed her words for all to see

Private yes, but it shows the level of respect he has for women.

Sure, I've said things like "She's hot" or "I'd love to **** her" at times, but I've never talked about just going up and grabbing or kissing a woman against her will. Would people still be defending his private words if he'd said "Do you wanna rape her? Let's hold her down and take turns."?

Plus, he's walked in on his beauty pageant contestants while they were changing or even naked. I've never intentionally walked in on a strange woman (or teenager) while she was undressed.

Private yes, but it shows the level of respect he has for women.

No.. it really doesn't. All it really showed is he can do locker-room talk just like most people out there. He isn't infallible. He's not the only President to have been recorded saying something off like that btw. Some of America's best have said some crude things which you can do a quick search online for.

No.. it really doesn't. All it really showed is he can do locker-room talk just like most people out there. He isn't infallible. He's not the only President to have been recorded saying something off like that btw. Some of America's best have said some crude things which you can do a quick search online for.

There's a difference between being a little crude and talking about being abusive.

Do you have a sister or daughter? Send her my way so I can grab her by the pussy. I'll bet she likes it up the ass, right? Hey, it's just guy talk...

If those kids are old enough to be on Instagram and follow her, I'm sure they know who Trump is. That old pervert sexual assaulter.

Good job Oscars! Hopefully Asian and Hispanic nominees in 2018!

That's probably the dumbest thing I've have read about all of this. Even Madonna wouldn't have said that.

Still waiting for you to provide proof that he actually did what you say he did.

What Trump said he did.

<*>

We know people lie, "I did NOT have sex with that intern." "I did NOT have a private server." "I did NOT use the private server for government e-mails." "I turned over all of the e-mails." "The attack on the embassy was due to the outrage over an internet video."

So that is why I asked for proof that he actually did those things and didn't just talk about it.

I was just clarifying that it was Trump's claim that is up for debate, not some random IMDB member's.

<*>

I'm just making it perfectly clear that hypocrites are going nuts over what President Trump said as if he actually did it, but are perfectly fine with Clinton having actually sexually assaulted women.

Until such time as there is video proof he did it, he's convicted of it or settles out of court, then it is nothing more than locker room talk.

So the options are:

Trump wants Billy Bush to think that he sexually assaults women.

or

Trump wants Billy Bush to think that he sexually assaults women, and it's true.

<*>

Well princess, I'm sure you've never shot your mouth off about anything sexual with regards to a woman before, so it doesn't surprise me that you are shocked men do such things.

And, since you are a typical, hypocritical, liberal idiot, it doesn't surprise me that you avoid this part completely - perfectly fine with Clinton having actually sexually assaulted women.

This. It is the hypocrisy of it. She wants to be a role-model, and then does this stuff.

Agreed. If someone like Madonna or Rosie O'Donnell or Jane Fonda or one of those classy people want to hold up that sign, they follow their reputation of scum. That's fine. Melissa is Supergirl. She has five-year-old girls that adore her. What is she going to say if a little girl in kindergarten asks her what her pussy is and why does Donald want to grab it? Don't think it may not happen.

When she gets back-lash for it, she'll come up with the typical, lame excuse of, "I'm not supposed to be your daughter's role model." (Now, continue to watch my show and pay attention to my Twitter feed!)

She was on Seth Meyers Monday night and of course that's the first thing he talked about. She kind of giggled her way through the whole thing. I think that's how she's going to handle it.

She has five-year-old girls that adore her. What is she going to say if a little girl in kindergarten asks her what her pussy is and why does Donald want to grab it? Don't think it may not happen.

Lol, I wonder what Donald Joffrey Trump said to the 5 year old that asked him what a pussy is and why he was trying to grab it. Also what "moved on her like a bitch" means.

But what if Supergirl explained to the 5 year old exactly what a pussy was and why you shouldn't let strange men like Joffrey touch it just because he's rich? I never understood how keeping kids uneducated about sex stuff or how the real world works is some how the "right" thing to do.

But yeah, it seems totally reasonable to condemn Supergirl for protesting a married guy who likes to grab women under his employ by their private parts and not condemn the guy bragging about grabbing women under his employ by their private parts. I'm sure if Obama had said that and a conservative role model had protested him you would take the exact same sides.

Revenge is the most important meal of the day.

Good points. I wouldn't let MY 5 year olds listen to him speak, what with his nasty words and mocking handicapped people! I'd rather teach them about not touching women's pu$$ies against their will than let them see the man who leads this nation mock a handicap person and call women nasty. And instead of trying to comfort the masses and promising to earn their trust, he'd rather insult them and ask why they didn't vote.... um, 2.9 MILLION popular votes- my guess is that those nasty women DID vote. Unfortunately the electoral college, that HE was insulting prior to the election, decided otherwise.

"This organism and derivative genetic material is restricted intellectual property."

mocking handicapped people!

Continuing to spread lies.

I'd rather teach them about not touching women's pu$$ies against their will

When did President Trump ACTUALLY do that?

my guess is that those nasty women DID vote.

Ahh, the tolerance of the left shows through again. If a woman voted for President Trump you automatically show your bigotry and call them "nasty."

Unfortunately the electoral college,

The did exactly what they were supposed to do and it was designed just for that reason. Even back then, the Founding Fathers didn't want the densely populated cities to be what determined the elections.

They teach this stuff in high school, if you actually go and/or pay attention.

I saw the video of him mocking the handicapped person and it brought me to tears. Try to argue THAT point. It's on film. You can't script that nonsense.

And shame on you for assuming that someone is right or left or in between. Never assume.... plenty of Republicans don't back Trump and some Democrats do back him. Some of his policies are ok, some are not. But as a human being, he has a bad mouth that is not appropriate for the president of the United States of America.

Trump has insinuated plenty about kissing and touching women.

"In a 2005 conversation with Billy Bush, of Access Hollywood, Trump was caught bragging about sexual assault, saying “when you’re a star, they let you do it,” according to a video obtained by the Washington Post.

In the video, Trump discusses his failed attempts to seduce a woman in which he says he needs to "use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her"."

"You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything.

Grab them by the p***y, you can do anything."

I have no idea if he actually DID it, but those words coming out of his mouth are inappropriate and harmful. And if he hasn't done that- then why would he even say it because it's crude, rude and indicative of sexual assault!!! PERIOD!

He's just not nice.
"He then implied during a CNN interview that Kelly gave him a grilling because she was on her period, saying she had ""blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her... wherever."

I wasn't calling women who voted for Trump "nasty". It was a play on words since Trump has referred to certain women as "nasty". Sheesh. He implied that the women protested should've voted and my argument was, at a 2.9 MILLION difference, it's possible that those protesting women DID vote.

Do YOU even know anything about your boyfriend Trump?!

ps- I'm educated. And my "unfortunately" was because Trump was elected.

"This organism and derivative genetic material is restricted intellectual property."

Post deleted

Post deleted

Great Post Cosima.

Make Same Sex Marriages Legal In Australia 'cause we deserve to have the same rights as everybody else and shouldn't be controlled by backwards people with outdated views.

Great post - other than all of the lies and hatred. He spoke to the reporter in the same, animated way he always speaks.

I saw the video of him mocking the handicapped person and it brought me to tears. Try to argue THAT point. It's on film. You can't script that nonsense.

But you can certainly misread it. He's mocked others in the same way. It's not even apparent that he knew the journalist was disabled. He just took someone who was taking aim at him and flipped it right back at them as he so often does.

You're kidding, right??? Wow. He acted in a way that was specific to that reporter's ailment. And either way- it's never ok to openly mock anyone, esp when you're a figurehead and running for office and on live tv. Come on! He said, "you gotta see this guy..." and put his hand up in the same manner as his crippled hand rests against his body!!! Why do people consistently defend his adolescent behaviors?? Why do people still think he can do no wrong!?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/26/donald-trump-mocks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn

You're kidding, right??? Wow

No, moron. He's serious. Trump speaks in an animated way. Only a biased, hate-filled idiot would deny that.

And either way- it's never ok to openly mock anyone

And yet another snow-flake melts.

Why do people consistently defend his adolescent behaviors??

Because we are tired of the PC bullsh!t and namby-pamby ways things have been done. There is no reason to take the high-ground with the media because they don't stop flinging the sh!t. I don't get a cr*p as to how many people were at the inauguration, but why did the media release a picture of 0bama's inauguration as it was happening and President Trump's inauguration at 8 am?

The sh!t starts from the lies and fear-mongering of the left. They've got nothing else (other than to play the race card) so that is all they do.

Why do people still think he can do no wrong!?

We've never said that at all. At the same time, we have zero problem with him standing up to the media and rubbing their noses in it when it is shown that they lied.

And, if you are as smart and unbiased as you say you are, then you should be in favor of it. A media which overwhelmingly leans to one side hurts the country on the whole. Their refusal to "attack" the people they agree with allows those people to do things unchecked.

The media is supposed to be unbiased and the watchdog for society. They are supposed to investigate stories and ONLY report ones which can be proven to be true. And, they are supposed to report them regardless of who gets hurt by them.

Name calling is immature and only serves to make your points seem far less valid since you need to always fall back on it rather than presenting actual facts. Act like an adult when communicating with people, please.
(ps- the title of the link, as named by CNN, infers that he mocked the reporter. So, unless CNN truly IS a fake news source- the proof is in the pudding, as they say.)

Name calling is immature and only serves to make your points seem far less valid

But not wrong at all.

Act like an adult when communicating with people,

Not when the "adult" cries over fake news and plugs her ears so she can't hear the truth.

the title of the link, as named by CNN, infers that he mocked the reporter. So, unless CNN truly IS a fake news source-

Are you seriously this ignorant? Last week CNN KNOWINGLY published the Buzzfeed report that they knew couldn't be verified as being truthful. They said they couldn't verify it all, but were still putting it out there.

I really don't care who came out to the inauguration, but the photo from 0bama's was taken DURING the inauguration. The one from President Trump's was taken at 8 am. Talk about fake-news. Why not just take a photo from today and say it is from President Trump's inauguration?

Again, President Trump is animated when he speaks. He's made the same motions other times. You are simply looking for a reason to hate on him and will believe whatever is spewed by the press.

😍😘
Enjoy living in your Trump bubble of NO CLIMATE CHANGE and what ever else he changes the history of during his tenure. Remember- BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

Just because you gobbled down every last thing 0bama cr*pped down your throat doesn't mean the intelligent, decent people who support President Trump will do the same.

Remember- BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

Ironic that you would post that since 0bama was in favor of warrant-less wire taps and spying on US citizens.

Don't feel bad. I didn't expect you to know that he did that. It would mean actually paying attention to everything going on and not just looking for a reason to hate Conservatives.

Never said I was a 100% full on Obama supporter! Assume much?

Anywho- there's no sense in communicating with you because you will only listen to yourself and believe all of those untruths. When Trump asked the EPA to take down all details about climate change, because it doesn't exist- I'm sure you believed that too. Because clearly Trump knows more than scientists who've been researching this for years. Clearly.

All I know is that I've heard awful stuff actually come out of Trump's mouth and it's nasty at times. No ballooning by fake news sources or anything- hear it straight from him. End of story. No more, no less.

Have a good life, Sir or Madam Trumper. Enjoy praising your foul mouthed hero.

Never said I was a 100% full on Obama supporter! Assume much?

Being a 99% supporter isn't any better.

Plus, it isn't assuming. It is using the information at hand to draw a conclusion. You get easily offended and don't realize the damage 0bama did to the country while "thinking" President Trump is doing horrible things.

When Trump asked the EPA to take down all details about climate change, because it doesn't exist-

You are a typical headline reader, and the headlines are always slanted. What he did was to stop people who were not authorized to speak to the media from speaking to the media. Where you work, are you allowed to talk to the newspaper about the things your company is doing (assuming you aren't in the PR department)? No. Why should someone who isn't authorized to speak to the media be able to release statements?

What is incredibly telling about your ignorance and hatred is how you completely skipped over what I just pointed out about CNN and their fake news which you believe.

Thank you for admitting you are wrong.

Just like you skipped over ALL of the quotes I listed previously that came directly from Trump's mouth. Thank YOU for admitting you are wrong. Cheers!

When have I defended what he's said? All I've said is that there is a difference between locker room talk in private that was released and actually doing what he said.

You are the one who admits to being ignorant as to the fake news you believe in.

Clinton settled out of court at least once on a rape charge, yet your ilk still supported him. No one protested him ACTUALLY sexually assaulting women.

Clinton settled out of court at least once on a rape charge, yet your ilk still supported him.

I wasn't old enough to vote for Bill so that's neither here nor there, and if we're talking about my "ilk" as they are today many of us wanted Sanders and got screwed over by backstabbing corporate Dems who we're trying to hoist out of power, so no, don't try to use Bill Clinton's transgressions to cover for the sitting president who hasn't even been in office for a week and is already using executive orders to grab women's reproductive rights by the pussy.

so no, don't try to use Bill Clinton's transgressions

Well, considering that the idiots who voted for Hillary listed "Bill's experience in the WH" as one reason to vote for her, bringing that scumbag up is relevant.

already using executive orders to grab women's reproductive rights

Wait. What? Women are no longer allowed to have sex? Or are you saying he's signed an executive order that they have to have sex on demand? Because if it is the second one, I'm going to show that order to my wife tonight, and tomorrow night, and the next....

Well, considering that the idiots who voted for Hillary listed "Bill's experience in the WH" as one reason to vote for her, bringing that scumbag up is relevant.

A lot of people said a lot of things. Again, I wasn't a big fan of Hillary but she was still the lesser of two evils.

Wait. What? Women are no longer allowed to have sex? Or are you saying he's signed an executive order that they have to have sex on demand? Because if it is the second one, I'm going to show that order to my wife tonight, and tomorrow night, and the next....

Yeah you're not a woman so clearly you don't care if their rights are being taken away. You might think defunding PP doesn't affect you but statistics show that way more women die in the absence of the services PP provides for women. You joke but people are going to die without those services, just like people are going to die if the conservative Taliban is stupid enough to repeal the ACA and replace it with nothing but empty promises.

I hope that 27% of Americans are enjoying the first week of their victory before people get tired of having their rights taken away and their taxes increased and their money funneled to the oligarchy.

I wasn't a big fan of Hillary but she was still the lesser of two evils.

Not now, not ever. She has lusted for power her entire life. She's lied, manipulated the truth, done slime-ball things, slithered off to a state she never lived in before so she could get power, etc. She's exactly the type of person who should NEVER have power.

Yeah you're not a woman so clearly you don't care if their rights are being taken away.

So what you are saying is that they aren't losing their reproductive rights at all, you are simply fear-mongering.

You joke but people are going to die without those services,

This reminds me of the lie that 45,000 people die every year due to a lack of health insurance. No facts support this, but it is the lie the dems stuck to for fear-mongering purposes. PP does do more than abortions, but not much more. If they stopped doing abortions, funding them wouldn't be such a big deal. Then, women who want abortions can go to clinics which are funded by donations from the people who want to fund abortions.

if the conservative Taliban

As always, we see the tolerance of the left.

repeal the ACA

It can't happen soon enough. This is a law which not only doesn't work, but, for the first time EVER, taxes us for NOT buying something. Sh!t like that was among the reasons we fought a revolution.

I hope that 27% of Americans are enjoying the first week of their victory

Oh, come on now. Don't be riduculous. It is WAY more than 27% enjoying watching you snowflakes melt.

rights taken away and their taxes increased and their money funneled to the oligarchy.

I remember the 1980 election. Reagan was a war monger. He was going to lead us into WWIII with Russia. We'd have to live underground because of the nuclear fall-out from the war. I also remember "Bush in 2004 = Draft in 2005"

Fear-mongering, lies and playing the race card are the ONLY things liberals have so they use them all the time.