The End of the Tour : One thing I couldn't get past...

One thing I couldn't get past...

Man someone should've coached those to how to smoke. Jesse especially. It looked so forced and unnatural. Pulled me right out of the movie.

Re: One thing I couldn't get past...

Two I meant. Not to

Jesse Eisenberg has never smoked a cigarette in his life and you can tell it.

You really like to nitpick, don't you?

Thats crazy i thought the same thing

I had the same reaction while watching it

all work and no play make jack a dull boy.

Ditto.

It's not that difficult to pretend to do convincingly, either.

"Much communication in a motion, without conversation or a notion"

Today i learned : there is a specific way to smoke and if you don't smoke that way you will be judged for it.

Not quite.

Having friends as actors and who don't smoke in real life, I can tell you there are many ways to fake smoking convincingly

"Much communication in a motion, without conversation or a notion"

Segel does smoke. Or atleast did. He may have quit a couple years back.

I didn't pick up on that. But I've never smoked a cig, so I wouldn't notice.

I was just going to post about this! It bugged me a lot. It looked like Jesse never picked up a cigarette in his life.

i cant get past john cusack not being in this movie

Passed***

You can't get past because past represents the past. I can however, pass a driver on the freeway.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEVrzwXDdyuRnG6VMfoT2nyS0TdznlSDc

Passed***

You can't get past because past represents the past. I can however, pass a driver on the freeway.

I'm confused, are you saying the OP's subject title is correct or incorrect?

This is the correct usage.

"Puss rules!"
"It's Pus"

No PAST is representative of time. PASSED is to get by something impeding you.

Passed and Past is a very commonly confused pair, but once you know the difference between passed and past, you won't make that mistake again! Passed - past tense and past participial form of the verb "to pass". "To Pass" means to go forward, proceed, depart. ... noun: "Whatever happened between us is in the past."

The usage is incorrect. The fact that you said it was correct means that you should go back to grammar school.

We have what we seek, it is there all the time, and if we give it time, it will make itself known.

The usage is incorrect.

Oh sweety, bless. You think you know what you're talking about.

Keep trying.

"Puss rules!"
"It's Pus"

Why are you following my rant? The point isn't to know what I'm talking about. I never claimed to know what I was talking about. But I want to. And how else can you get anything without questioning its purpose? People are so quick to demoralize someone and we wonder why no one is understood.

We have what we seek, it is there all the time, and if we give it time, it will make itself known.

Passed***

Like other posters, I am confused about what you think you are correcting here. But just in case my understanding of what you are saying is right: "One thing I couldn't get past" is correct.

"One thing I couldn't get passed" would mean something completely different (I suppose you could use it if you were a congressman who tried and failed to get a bill passed), but if you are talking about "getting over" an objection to something, the term is "getting past," not "getting passed."

You're right.

My thoughts exactly. Someone involved with the production should have picked up on this early on and just switched Eisenberg's character to a non-smoker. May not be true as far as the real David Lipsky goes, but it would have avoided the distraction of watching Eisenberg "act" like he was a smoker.

yeah he didn't hold them properly. was so annoying

So I wasn't only one to find the cig smoking jarring. It was so poorly done it looked like he was holding an alien object. And yes it does matter as consumption was a theme of the film

He probably wasn't a smoker in real life. David Lipsky was likely smoking because Wallace was smoking. If Lipsky wasn't a smoker then Eisenburg probably played it right. Whether he meant to or not.