The Expanse : The Expanse is a Netflix Original in Germany

The Expanse is a Netflix Original in Germany

Since I read some may not have hopes for high budget SyFy productions, Netflix seems to have an eye on it. I really hope that Netflix picks this show up if SyFy drops it. It has so much potential.

Re: The Expanse is a Netflix Original in Germany

Thank you for bringing this up - I read some of the posts here and was surprised to see that it's a SyFy show, as it's clearly marketed as a "Netflix Original Series" in Austria. That gives me hope for the longevity of this show. :-)

I've only seen the first four episodes of S1 but I love the B5 vibe it has - coupled with the clearly BSG inspired visuals and spaceship design makes for an incredibly promising true space sci-fi show the likes I haven't seen since BSG.

Awesome!

"Officer Sun, what luscious lips - amongst other things." Harvey, Ikarus Abides Pt.2

Here in Brazil it's also a "Netflix Original Series".

And in Ireland!

Italy as well.

And Down Under

And in Sweden.

I was confused about that.

There is no such thing as too much time 

Here in Mexico too. A Netflix original series

This bodes very well for the series.. thank fk. A good scifi series that will get 5 seasons or more. Netflix wont kill this one.

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
Perception Is Reality
???????????????????

http://deadline.com/2016/10/space-drama-the-expanse-streaming-netflix-1201834745/

Netflix has acquired praised space drama The Expanse as an original series. Season 1 will be available to stream for global Netflix members outside of the US, Canada and New Zealand, beginning November 3, with Season 2 slated for 2017

---
Let me show you the deep raw passion of unbridled sexual frenzy. But Lucy... im British

Same here in Australia. I was wondering why it says Netflix Original when it's a Syfy show. Makes a lot of sense.

Placiddragon, ever get the feeling no one is paying attention?

Placiddragon, ever get the feeling no one is paying attention?

hehe, well... :)

---
Let me show you the deep raw passion of unbridled sexual frenzy. But Lucy... im British

Same in Italy

Well, I got me the blu-ray box...that's my contribution to get the show going on for more seasons.

Ich bin kein ausgeklügelt Buch, ich bin ein Mensch mit seinem Widerspruch.
Conrad Ferdinand Meyer

Same in the UK. I was confused by everyone saying it was SyFy, since it introduces itself as a Netflix Original.

Here in the US, The Expanse is a Syfy show.

It's a Netflix Original because no other channel has broadcast it in your country, Netflix is the original distributor. They do this all of the time, there's a whole list of these shows on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix#Acquisitions

Add Spain to the list.

Netflix in the US does the same thing for shows they stream here but that were originally broadcast in other countries. Peaky Blinders is one example, and another one coming up is Travelers, which has already begun airing in Canada on Showcase. All it means is that for wherever you are watching it on Netflix, it is the first time it has been available in your country. Netflix has no input into the production budget of The Expanse, at least not yet. It is fully funded by Syfy.