Shu Qi : You guys think Shu Qi is really pretty ?

You guys think Shu Qi is really pretty ?

However, She is seldom thought to be beautiful in Chinese traditional view (almost because of her freckle and big mouth)

anyway, I like her style

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: You guys think Shu Qi is really pretty ?

Geishas are Japanese

Zhang Ziyi.Liu Yifeietc. are typical beauties.

Post deleted

It's true. Most of the Chinese actresses that Westerners find extremely goodlooking are actually very average or aren't even considered pretty to those from their homeland. Lucy Liu, Ziyi Zhang, and the list goes on. Westerners aren't exposed to enough Asian actresses to know what an Asian beauty really looks like. Anyone "exotic" or "different" is beautiful to them, but the truth is "exotic" and "different" don't necessarily equate to beauty. From what I've heard, she is actually considered one of the most unattractive actresses in the Hong Kong entertainment industry. Even Hong Kong actor Andy Lau, who worked with her in one of her films, implied that he couldn't understand how someone with her looks could have maintained a showbiz career for so long. She's like the Sarah Jessica Parker of the HK showbiz world.

On another note, while she may not have a jaw droppingly gorgeous face, her body is absolutely amazing- lean, long and well-proportioned.

attractiveness is subjective. the fact that your tastes differ from others' does not make your tastes more valid. when you say that someone is average or not pretty, they are average or not pretty TO YOU. your opinion isn't my opinion.

Scipher, I understand what you are trying to say, and I accept your opinion. The point I'm trying to get across is that to the majority of people in China, Shu Qi does not possess the qualities of a beauty. In fact, most would find her face unattractive.

What frustrates me is the fact that the Chinese actresses who are considered very beautiful in their homeland have not gotten the opportunities to explode onto the international scene, like Ziyi Zhang and Shu Qi have. Because Westerners have had very limited exposure to actresses from the east, almost every Asian actress that manages to make it into Hollywood is seen as amazingly beautiful in the eyes of a Westerner. Every Asian actress' IMDB board that I've come across is filled with posts from Westerners gushing about how fantastically goodlooking they think she is.

Clue, bigot:

If those you don't name are considered beautiful "in their homeleand" actually existed, they would be in flims, because those "in their homeland" who choose who will be in such film would have chosen them by now.

In short, you are full of it.

Post deleted

Re:
5b4
You guys think Shu Qi is really pretty ?

You want me to name beautiful Chinese actresses? Here you go:

Michelle Reis
Fala Chen
Tavia Yeung
Niki Chow
Kathy Chow
Claire Yiu
Linda Chung
Bernice Liu
Charlene Choi

An1c84d the list goes on.

It's a shame none of the aforementioned actresses have made it into Hollywood.

Vitaminseva, I googled the images of the list of "supposedly" beautiful Chinese actresses that you named, and you know what? Other than Michelle Reis (who had a lot of plastic surgery, it seems) Kathy Chow, and Song Hye Kyo (she's Korean), the other actresses are not nearly as attractive as Shu Qi. No way. And some of them are just plain unattractive. What planet do you live on? I'm not Chinese, but I'm Asian and I also believe that Asians and Westerners have different standards of beauty especially when it comes to female faces. But your list is filled with sub par beauties imho. I find Shu Qi refreshingly attractive - I like her freckles, her crooked teeth, and I think she has an innocent but sexy air about her that I find lacking in most Asian actresses, who are either too cutesy or just plain tacky.

Louisianachicken,I live on planet Earth, thank you very much. And how do you know that Michelle Reis has had alot of surgery? Just by looking at her? You're not Chinese, so I doubt you have heard any tabloid news about her let alone stories about her having plastic surgery. Just because she has flawless features, it doesn't necessarily mean that she has had plastic surgery. Her face looks the same as it did when she competed in the Miss Hong Kong pageant when she was 18, and I can not find any stories on the internet about her having plastic surgery, so I can confidently say that she has had little or no surgery on her face.

Some of them are plain unattractive? Are you for real???? I think it's time for you take a visit to local optometrist, my friend. Most of the girls that I listed were winners of either the Miss Hong Kong pageant or Miss Chinese International pageant (most actresses who make it big in Hong Kong are beauty pageant queens). If winning a beauty pageant isn't proof of one's physical attractiveness, I don't know what is.

Vitaminseva, judging from your lunatic rantings, you obviously don't live on planet Earth. LOL And just because some16d0one wins the title of Miss Hong Kong or Miss Chinese International does not necessarily make her universally attractive in the eyes of all men and women. Haven't you heard? "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." And by the way, you tried to pass Song Hye Kyo off as Chinese? Nice try.

http://www.jaynestars.com/news/make-up-artist-reveals-celebrity-plastic-surgery-list/

Post deleted

Post deleted

Wow i am shocked at vitaminsevas comments! I think this girl is absolutely beautiful and i know lots of females from Taiwan as my friends are from there! Although i am british my eyes still function and can see the differences between my frienb68ds, which ones are pretty, which ones are average etc Your comments are stereotypical and well, just wrong AND you seem to think just because 'Chinese' actresses are beautiful they should make it to hollywoodsurely it should be about their talent, not just their looks??

Why is that a shame? Maybe they don't even want anything to do with Hollywood.

Why do they all have American first names, by the way?

I'm the grim reaper, Lardass, and you're my next customer.

I'm Chinese and I think Shu Qi is gorgeous. Most of the people on your list, however are average at best. Oh my goodness.

I'll bite:

When did YOU INTERVIEW EACH AND EVERY ONE of that "majority of people in China" in order to determine that they agree with you?

Grow up. You're simply a racist attempting to "protect" Chinese women from Western men based upon your fear that such women might prefer Western men to you.

The reality is that you don't know what a minority of Chinese, let alone a majority, think about anything.

ill say what the other guy didnt have the balls to say. youre an idiot.

Thank you, scipher. That's EXACTLY how I feel. It's ridiculous to have debates about the beauty of a woman when everything exists within a person's mindeverything is subjective.

I think she's beautiful and don't give a damn about what some director thinks. Why would anyone . . . ? What a weird way to judge beautyoff of the thoughts of someone else . . .

Post deleted

i so agree with you and you're not an idiot.

What about Eugenia Yuan? She and Shu Qi look so much alike as to be sisters.

What about Gong Li? I find her stunning and she certain seems to work a lot in Chinese movies.

It is not true. There are billions of Chinese, of which you are only one and you haven't been elected to speak for all of them.

What you're trying to do is prevent Chinese women preferring Western males to you you're insecurity is showing by suggesting that Chinese women "liked" by Western men wouldn't like Western men.

Grow up.

Post deleted

Ha ha ha.

Where are all these so-called Chinese beauties, then? Are they hidden away in caves?

Cracks me up big time. Thanks for making my day.

Well my chinese friends (men and women) find her sexy.
Chinese say Zhang Ziyi not that beautiful, but they elected her "most beautiful chinese" in 2008. Go figure
Liu YiFei is considered as a classic chinese beauty, but for me she has really nothing special

Post deleted

Post deleted

What about Gong Li? A lot of Westerners (though not a majority) think she is beautiful and I hear a lot of people say she is considered beautiful in China, but I sometimes hear others say she is average in China. Seriously I think people's opinions about who is beautiful anywhere are much more varied than people give them credit for.

Besides its not like every Asian actress in the West is renowned for their looks. A lot of people complain that Sandra Oh and Lucy Liu are unattractive. No offense to Sandra Oh, I like her but for her acting not her looks.

I think she is extremely beautiful, with her lips being her best feature.

Re: You guys think Shu Qi
7ec
is really pretty ?

I'll start by saying I think she is absolutely radiant. When the camera is on her, and particularly when she is smiling, you can't take your eyes off her. Watch "Three Times" and you will see how she can look beautiful in several eras and styles. I will add that just as all Chinese do not look alike, not all Chinese have the same taste in women, or ideal of beauty. Their opinions on beautiful Chinese women are as varied as ours are on American women. Finally, while there is some variation among the Chinese, I find that from the many Chinese I know, both men and women, we largely agree on who is beautiful and who is not. Most believe that Gong Li is the ideal, although most also love Maggie Cheung's looks. Those that don't like Zhang Ziyi most often dislike her because they believe she5b4 is a diva and this sours them on her looks as well. Shu Qi often graces the variety pages here in Taiwan and most Taiwanese find her attractive.

I know this is very subjective and a lot of people will vehemently disagree, but I don't even think Shu Qi lips are that big confused.gif. I never get why people(Westerners and non-Westerners alike) talk about them like her lips are so enormous. That said I'm not crazy about her lips, because something about their shape that bugs me. To be frank i'm more bothered by her teeth. Basically I don't think she's perfect, but I still think she's beautiful. But I guess that's just my personal preference. Seriously for every Westerner like me who thinks she's beautiful there's another Westerner who thinks she's just ok and another who thinks she's ugly and I'm betting its the same way for the Chinese.

I don't see the big deal about her freckles either. They're not even that noticeable. giveup.gif

Post deleted

I've found some images of Chinese girls that I think most Chinese people would find good looking. Take a look and you'll see what true Chinese beauti5b4es look like :P

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=24567 I think she is breathtakingly beautiful.

http://old.netmode.com.vn/dataimages/200701/original/images1214055_SongHyeKyo_ktf_060714_03.jpg

http://images.torrentmove.com/iy/yang_mi_053.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/hailuasg/Pictures/Liu_Yi_Fei_020.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/ultraman/michelle_world.html

Hollywood should really find better looking Asians to appear in films. Why are the Asians that are cast usually small-eyed?

Ya know what? I really don't think many Caucasians can tell the difference between a pretty Asian and a not-so-pretty one. It's actually kinda funny how some Caucasians have no boinking clue as to what Asians perceive as beautiful. Hahaha When a white person tells me about how gorgeous an Asian girl is, she usually turns out to be not-so-pretty. And this happens alot.

Methinks those many Caucasians you're referring to are saying this/that Asian girl is pretty cos they find her pretty, rather than because they believe the whole Asian nation have decided on mass that she represents a perfect example of Asian beauty - but that's just me.

Did it ever occur to you that Americans and Chinese have differing ideas of beauty? It doesn't make one right and one wrong, each culture has their own opinions.

Ya know what? You are arrogant and a very petty person. Why would someone even care what another's perception of beauty is? A person finds beauty in what they find beautiful. Who are you to judge who she be called pretty? Am I supposed to stop finding someone attractive because YOU decided she's not? You go on and on about how caucasian's have no clue, but who said your view is the better one? Why don't you show respect for another person's sense of beauty? You can make all the lists you want and talk all the bullsh*t you want but you are obviously a very petty person and have some kind of chip on you shoulder, probably jealousy, and you need to grow up.

I don't really care what Chinese people consider beautiful. I go by my own standards and what looks good to me. Shu Qi blows all of them away.

The only one of your five I think is pretty is the second one. The rest are nothing special, to me.

Gong Li is beautiful.

vitaminseva- your second girl is not even Chinesei would know cause she is in Full House, in which is a Korean drama and in this drama, Rain, from Speed racer, is also a part of.
Now I would like to see more Asian guys, but I think Hollywood is taking very tiny baby steps. I have a feeling it would take years.

Who gives a damn what the Chinese think, she's cute as hell.

I think she is average looking. Ordinary.

Her body's great though, tall and slender, but the face is another story. Same with Zhang ZiYi, but Gong Li is just gorgeous.

It appears that the Caucasians' beauty on the Chinese is different from Chinese or Asians' perspectives. Americans are so exposed to the stereotypical small slant eyes that they find it attractive is almost as if they feel threaten to the real beautiful Asian actresses out there and are afraid that they might outshine some of the American Hollywood actresses, so it's always the less attractive Asian actresses who have a more successful career in Hollywood.

I'm with you on Shu Qui, b68and I also think Ziyi Zhang is super hot.

gorgeous in "Forest Of Death"

Yes, very gorgeous in "Forest of Death". Also check her out in "the Eye 2" if you haven't already. Thank you Pang Bros for exposing me to this Asian beauty (whether she's a "true Asian beauty" or not)!

"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."