Politics : I have No Problem with Trump Communicating with the Russians

I have No Problem with Trump Communicating with the Russians

I do have a problem with liberals whining about it when liberals were in bed with the freakin' Soviet Union since the thirties under FDR and when the KGB funded the CPUSA (which needed to run no candidate at all while Obama and Clinton were on the Democratic tickets). Democrats said that by being tough with the Soviet Union, Reagan would turn the Cold War into a hot war and the earth would be wiped out. Now they say that Trump is wrong to talk to the Russians even though Clinton and Obama were constantly kowtowing to them.

Talking is the heart of diplomacy and only a tiny fraction of that talking should be public. Obama applying sanctions on the Russians because he was mad about Clinton losing the election was childish and he did it to deliberately leave an even bigger mess for Trump to clean up. The fact that Trump may have started to clean up that mess before taking office bothers me not in the slightest. No more than the fact that Trump saved > a thousand jobs before taking office.

Flynn talking to the Russians wasn't wrong. Flynn lying to VP Pence and letting VP Pence repeat that lie was. He was rightfully canned for it. End of story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRBsJNdK1t0

Re: I have No Problem with Trump Communicating with the Russians

My dog bizarrely placed his paw upon his chest said in a silky, silly, uppercase British accent: "I MUST hopefully not end up with people like twelve-bar in MY town."

I congratulate you on your close relationship with your canine. Hopefully soon, your union will be legally recognized so that Rover will be allowed to make medical decisions for you should the need arise.

Please twelve_bar, try, if you can, to not sound so reasonable.

Too bad it's treason. I hope he hangs for it. Hang him upside down, like Mussolini.

--
Farewell Transmission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y

It's treason to communicate with Russians? So every Democrat including and since FDR should have been hung high?

He was communicating with them during the campaign, NOT AS PRESIDENT. LOCK HIM UP!!

What did Trump do today?

Obama was talking to the Iraqis and Iranians during his campaign.

WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT.

What did Trump do today?

Even if he's talking about the first election, Obama was still a Senator.

"Whether homosexuality causes less harm (than slavery) is debatable" - Hada

It's treason to work with the Russians to make a sham of American democracy by screwing with our elections.

Why is that so hard for you Trumpkins to figure out?

Putin just eliminated another threat to his electoral status, it's how he works.

This happened in just the last few weeks.

Putin Puts An End To Electoral Politics In Russia

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2016/09/21/putin-puts-an-end-to-electoral-politics-in-russia/#4823ecc824a3

Aleksei Navalny, Viable Putin Rival, Is Barred From a Presidential Run

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/world/europe/russia-aleksei-navalny-putin.html?_r=0

Putin has "trumped up" (on purpose) charges against this guy for decades.

--
Farewell Transmission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y

Wait a sec, are you conceding the point that Trump did communicate with the Russians? That's a huge step, brah.

I myself haven't seen any evidence of such.

Why is that a YUGE step?

I don't know that he did or didn't communicate with them. I just say I don't think it's a problem.

I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life, but in my opinion, it's better to not unnecessarily concede any point. But I do like your post. Since the boards are shutting down in a few days I guess it doesn't matter.

I don't care about Russians. Trump didn't win because of them. He won because 1/4 of America's population is deplorable while 1/2 doesn't vote.

Trump won because Americans don't understand how the government funtions. I was depressed when my daughter was in high school because the parents, much less her friends, all seemed to have no clue whatsoever of how the whole process worked.

And twelve_bar, a private citizen we did not elect BARGAINING with a foreign hovernment, particularly on with eyeballs on the lands of our allies?

Fascists decide that you are a criminal, then they find the crime

The libs will not let up. There is blood in the water. I hope Trump moves on like nothing happened and let his enemies wear out their fists on empty air.

The Original 'The Trashcan Man' since 2001

Democrats said that by being tough with the Soviet Union, Reagan would turn the Cold War into a hot war and the earth would be wiped out.

Sounds exactly what Trump supporters like you have been saying.

even though Clinton and Obama were constantly kowtowing to them.

Yeah, by sanctioning them heavily after they annexed Crimea and invaded Ukraine, plus condemning their actions in Syria. Compare that to Trump's inability to criticise Putin one iota. Who's kowtowing again?

Obama applying sanctions on the Russians because he was mad about Clinton losing the election

Never happened Ollie.

and he did it to deliberately leave an even bigger mess for Trump to clean up.

Your opinion, and I think everyone knows what that's worth. Let's not forget, you're the guy who started thread after thread claiming that Obama had put NO sanctions on Russia until after the election.

"Whether homosexuality causes less harm (than slavery) is debatable" - Hada

When Putin took over Crimea, the Right shouted that Obama was letting Russia walk all over us and were showing weakness.

When Putin gets involved in Syria, and Obama/Clinton talked about stepping in and stopping Russian over-reach, the Right shouted that they are war mongers trying to start World War 3.

End of story.

We don't know that. The FBI may have much more on those recordings than we have been told. Time will probably tell.

For you to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion.

The sanctions against Russia weren't for Clinton losing the election. It was for hacking and trying to get involved in the outcome of the election. There's a rather significant difference. It's not childish to react to deliberate breaches like that. If anything, it's not wise to just let it pass. You may want to tell yourself differently, as that is your habit. But just know that wasn't it.

But I think you're right, the main reason Flynn had to go was for lying to Pence. Trump was already told about Flynn and didn't care. The strange thing is, if they were OK with Flynn dealing with the Russians behind everyone's backs, why didn't they just say it? What was up with all the secrecy? If they hadn't done it the way they did, maybe the outcome wouldn't have been the same.

I mean, your point is it was all OK. Nothing to see here. So, why hide it? According to you, nothing untoward has happened. If anything, you argue they did something positive. Hack a US political party is OK. Does this only apply to Russia or is this a general rule for you? Anyway, they went out of their way to deny it, for some reason. In other words, more bungling from an inept White House.

"He's about as much use as a marzipan dildo.

The sanctions against Russia weren't for Clinton losing the election.
It was for hacking and trying to get involved in the outcome of the election.
Sure they were. If Clinton had won you think there would have been sanctions against George Soros, Robert Creamer and Scott Foval?

But I think you're right, the main reason Flynn had to go was for lying to Pence. Trump was already told about Flynn and didn't care. The strange thing is, if they were OK with Flynn dealing with the Russians behind everyone's backs, why didn't they just say it? What was up with all the secrecy? If they hadn't done it the way they did, maybe the outcome wouldn't have been the same.
Diplomacy is rarely done in a fishbowl where everyone gets to watch and listen in. Staged appearances are just that - staged. Agreements are almost always the result of lengthy negotiations behind closed doors.

I mean, your point is it was all OK. Nothing to see here. So, why hide it? According to you, nothing untoward has happened. If anything, you argue they did something positive. Hack a US political party is OK.
I don't know if "hacking" is the correct term since they basically just asked doofus for his password and he cheerfully gave it to them.

Does this only apply to Russia or is this a general rule for you? Anyway, they went out of their way to deny it, for some reason. In other words, more bungling from an inept White House.
Yes, Russian "hacking" the democratic Party's attempt to rig elections.

So it DOES interfere with democracy if the standard is that no foreigners must ever have any influence ever on our elections. But if that's the standards Democrats want to adhere to from now on, that will mean a YUGE change in their fundraising. Don't forget that Obama's decision to forego federal funding in his elections was for the specific purpose of avoiding the rules that would have required him to report foreign donations to his campaigns. Don't forget how much money the Clintons accepted form nations that are fascist theocracies with institutionalized violence and oppression against women and the LBGTQW community.

But all of that foreign interference that the democrats have always encouraged is actually less troubling than the revelations of rigging and paying of violent protesters and illegal multiple voters by Democratic party that the "hacked" emails and other investigative journalism revealed.

If Clinton had won you think there would have been sanctions against George Soros, Robert Creamer and Scott Foval?
Who did they hack? Or is this one of your fantasy scenarios?

Diplomacy is rarely done in a fishbowl where everyone gets to watch and listen in. Staged appearances are just that - staged. Agreements are almost always the result of lengthy negotiations behind closed doors.
Well aware of that. It's just like we know when they say they never negotiate with terrorists. We know they do. The US kept a line open with Arafat throughout the 80's, etc. etc.

But that doesn't really address my question.

I don't know if "hacking" is the correct term since they basically just asked doofus for his password and he cheerfully gave it to them.
Well, you see, as opposed to you, I think the POTUS put his trust in the US gathered intel agencies instead. Maybe he should've just made something up, just like Trump. Clearly, that's what you prefer he would've done.

No, that's not what they did. They hacked to obtain emails and then publish them via Wikileaks. Did you miss that part?

So it DOES interfere with democracy if the standard is that no foreigners must ever have any influence ever on our elections.
When a foreign country specifically hacks a political party and publishes their findings on Wikileaks, yes. That's pretty obvious. They did it for a reason.

But if that's the standards Democrats want to adhere to from now on, that will mean a YUGE change in their fundraising. Don't forget that Obama's decision to forego federal funding in his elections was for the specific purpose of avoiding the rules that would have required him to report foreign donations to his campaigns.
I've read about those claims. They sound as if they could be plausible. But they all lack any kind of documentation and/or evidence. I've even seen that minor amounts came from foreign donors. A couple of guys were charged and convicted for it. But apart from that, there's nothing. Just words. Just empty speculation. Then again, you've never been a stranger to that, unless it counters whatever stance you have on the issue.

Either way, I'm not a fan of political parties being for sale. I think the whole campaign funding system is corrupt. They don't benefit the voters much at all.

Don't forget how much money the Clintons accepted form nations that are fascist theocracies with institutionalized violence and oppression against women and the LBGTQW community.
I know. They've *beep* themselves, good and proper. But I don't see what your problem is with that, considering you have no problem with Putin hacking Americans.

But all of that foreign interference that the democrats have always encouraged is actually less troubling than the revelations of rigging and paying of violent protesters and illegal multiple voters by Democratic party that the "hacked" emails and other investigative journalism revealed.
You don't do much factchecking at all, do ya? You just decide what sounds like something you'd agree with and go for it.

Either way, you haven't really addressed what I asked from you. You're trying to Conway the conversation. Get back to me when you've snapped out of it.

If all Trump & Co did was perfectly OK, why did they hide it? You seem to think this was just business as usual. Why didn't they at the very least synchronise their stories? Why all the bungling? Why is it OK when Russia hacks the Democrats? Does this apply to any nation and any political party? You seem to think it's good Russia helped out and created more transparency. Since you think there should be no repercussions, surely, that would send the signal to others to do similar actions in coming elections.

"He's about as much use as a marzipan dildo.

If Clinton had won you think there would have been sanctions against George Soros, Robert Creamer and Scott Foval?

Who did they hack? Or is this one of your fantasy scenarios?
So your demand for sanctions only applies specifically to "hacking?" Good strategy since Democrats are obviously not very good at the high-tech stuff. You have no problem with rigging an election, only with "hacking" an election?

Well aware of that. It's just like we know when they say they never negotiate with terrorists. We know they do. The US kept a line open with Arafat throughout the 80's, etc. etc.

But that doesn't really address my question.
Your question was about why Trump didn't publicize any staff talks with the Russians, wasn't it?

Well, you see, as opposed to you, I think the POTUS put his trust in the US gathered intel agencies instead. Maybe he should've just made something up, just like Trump. Clearly, that's what you prefer he would've done.
I honestly have no idea what you mean by that.

No, that's not what they did. They hacked to obtain emails and then publish them via Wikileaks. Did you miss that part?
Yes, and said emails documented the DNC/Media/Clinton campaign in their attempts to rig the election.

So it DOES interfere with democracy if the standard is that no foreigners must ever have any influence ever on our elections.

When a foreign country specifically hacks a political party and publishes their findings on Wikileaks, yes. That's pretty obvious. They did it for a reason.
So you narrow your outrage to only specific acts against the Democrats. It isn't a more general outrage at any attempt to wrongfully influence an election.

But if that's the standards Democrats want to adhere to from now on, that will mean a YUGE change in their fundraising. Don't forget that Obama's decision to forego federal funding in his elections was for the specific purpose of avoiding the rules that would have required him to report foreign donations to his campaigns.

I've read about those claims. They sound as if they could be plausible. But they all lack any kind of documentation and/or evidence. I've even seen that minor amounts came from foreign donors. A couple of guys were charged and convicted for it. But apart from that, there's nothing. Just words. Just empty speculation. Then again, you've never been a stranger to that, unless it counters whatever stance you have on the issue.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/28/AR2008102803413.html

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/07/obama-campaign-fined-big-for-hiding-donors-keeping-illegal-donations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-campaign-to-pay-375000-fine-for-omitting-some-donors-names-in-2008/2013/01/04/78973402-56bb-11e2-8b9e-dd8773594efc_story.html?utm_term=.79941019ca99

Either way, I'm not a fan of political parties being for sale. I think the whole campaign funding system is corrupt. They don't benefit the voters much at all.
Trump is one pol who no foreign party can afford to buy.

Don't forget how much money the Clintons accepted form nations that are fascist theocracies with institutionalized violence and oppression against women and the LBGTQW community.

I know. They've *beep* themselves, good and proper. But I don't see what your problem is with that, considering you have no problem with Putin hacking Americans.

You don't do much factchecking at all, do ya? You just decide what sounds like something you'd agree with and go for it.
As I said, I do have a problem with that. Just less of a problem than I do with the DNC paying people to violent disrupt campaign events.

That the DNC did that is not in dispute unless you are willing to say you dispute it.

Either way, you haven't really addressed what I asked from you. You're trying to Conway the conversation. Get back to me when you've snapped out of it.

If all Trump & Co did was perfectly OK, why did they hide it? You seem to think this was just business as usual. Why didn't they at the very least synchronise their stories? Why all the bungling? Why is it OK when Russia hacks the Democrats? Does this apply to any nation and any political party? You seem to think it's good Russia helped out and created more transparency. Since you think there should be no repercussions, surely, that would send the signal to others to do similar actions in coming elections.
Ok, you've beaten the stuffing out of that strawman. Let me know when you're ready to address what I said instead of what you wish I had said.

Obama placing sanctions on Russia was childish? But Flynn and Trump illegaly promising to remove those sanctions is OK?

Who is in bed together now?

Yeah; only Obama and Hillary can do it.

I have No Problem with Trump Communicating with the Russians

"I could shoot a guy on Fifth Avenue and still not lose any votes."

Donald Trump

Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it.

I have a problem with Trump lying about his Russian ties and blaming conspiracy problems on Clinton. Trump is unfit to be President. Or any other political office.

Don't blame me, I voted for Hillary.