Princess Diana : What were you doing when you found out she died?

What were you doing when you found out she died?

I remember exactly what I was doing. I was sleeping in the bed with my Dad in his apartment (My Parents had just separated)when I woke up and he told he had been flipping through the channels a few hours earlier and found out about it and he said "I guarantee if turned it on, it would be on right now." I was just 9 years old and I barely knew who she was but I soon learned the importance of her death.

I remember some other events of the year 1997 too. I remember watching the Hale Bopp comet with my Dad, I remember going to Carowinds theme park with my Dad that Summer, and I also remember when I found out John Denver died as my Dad was a fan of his and now so am I.

I thought I would post this since it's been nearly 18 years since she died.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: What were you doing when you found out she died?

I was on my way, from my new place, to my old place to pick up things (I was moving then) and stopped at a new stand at the bus terminal.

I froze as I read the news, I didn't believe it and has to ask the store owner. He said "Yes, she is dead". My first thought was this was not an accident. I remember standing there for quite a while until I could gather myself back and continued my day...It was so sad.. Just a few days before that I saw her pictures with a new hairstyle and also her and her sons on the yacht of Dodi.

A few months before that I also saw Hale Bopp, clearly, without realizing that was the comet people were talking about.

1997 was also a terrible year for me.

I don't have a specific memory of my own, but I came up with this...

"I was at my cousin's house and he had just put in the CD (this was before mp3s) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Her dog Princess came running up with the newspaper just as the song Candle In The Wind came on. And there was the articl: Princess Die. I remember my cousin telling me to go to sleep. Cars."

TWiNS of Cr*p
In the pool she went!

I was with my mother in her bedroom, listening to the radio, when the talk show we had on had suddenly been interrupted, with breaking news that Princess Diana had been in a car accident, & that her boyfriend had been killed.

The next morning, my mother told me that after I had gone to bed the news reported that she had died in hospital.

It was really sad, indeed.

Totus Tuus O Maria!!! Totus Tuus O Jesu!!!!

At the Great Dorset Steam Fair - We all woke up to the news in the morning. The whole last day of the fair was cancelled. I've never forgiven her for that.

The church may shout but Darwin roars

Funnily enough, the next day(when my mother told me that she had died), my sister & I attended an annual fair ourselves. It wasn't cancelled (though my sister & I were very sad, as I believe everyone else there probably was too), but, what they did do was fly the Canadian flag at half mast for her.

Totus Tuus O Maria!!! Totus Tuus O Jesu!!!!

I had just come home from seeing the Movie Money Talks. It was all over Cnn. I didnt know who this woman really was never paid attention but from that day until this never has a public figure death affected me the ways hers did. It was like losing someone in my family. I even had started having dreams about her. Very strange.

I was home sick with the flu. I woke up just before the regular news and turned on the TV in our bedroom. The news of her death was on all the network stations and CNN.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I was watching the news on TV. At that point, she had just been in a bad accident and had not yet died. I called to tell my mother because she was big Diana fan.

Personally, I was not into Diana. When Charles and Diana were getting married I had a room mate that stayed up half the night to watch the wedding. I took a look at 'the Royal couple' and KNEW the marriage would never work. It took a full decade, but I was right. A 19 year old virgin should never marry a 31 year old roue.

Charles may be a Prince, but he's also the FROG.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

I was listening to the B.C. Lions game.

I was at home and it was on the news during the summer holidays.

I was home that evening working on the computer with the TV on in the background. The network cut in to announce the accident, but they didn't know how seriously Diana was injured. I turned away from the computer to watch the coverage. Later, they announced Dodi and the driver were killed and Diana was gravely injured and had been taken to a hospital. Then came the worst news. I was stunned. I hadn't followed her life closely, but knew of the bad marriage and all the media hype surrounding her. I watched the funeral and all the other coverage, but then put the matter out of my mind. What did British royalty have to do with me?

Ten years later, however, when the media began discussing the tenth anniversary, I became obsessed with all things Diana. The books, the videos, the rumors, the conspiracies, everything Diana. It took seven years to get over it. She still occupies a warm place in my mind, but the obsession is gone.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." - Grouch

Pretty sure I was either enjoying a nice wank or dropping out a turd on the throne.

Yes, this is really me.

Turning on the television, an getting the news about the death