Princess Diana : timeless beauty

timeless beauty

skin like porcelain. Must've used facial cream.

Re: timeless beauty

She had natural beauty, a perfect English Rose peaches-and-Devonshire cream complexion. Kate is much the same way, and like Diana, she puts those Hollywood babes to shame.

But Kate cannot fill Diana's shoes. If she has a happy marriage, she can never maintain the iconic stature that the tragic Princess had. Scandal and heartbreak kept the Princess of Wales on the front pages. And if she were alive now, the public would have grown tired of her jet-set escapades, although she still might have been the most famous woman in the world.

I just have a hard time believing fifty-year-old Diana would have been happy with a glamorous daughter-in-law sharing the limelight.

But Kate cannot fill Diana's shoes. If she has a happy marriage, she can never maintain the iconic stature that the tragic Princess had. Scandal and heartbreak kept the Princess of Wales on the front pages.

Quite true. And let's not forget her death. Death, as they say, is a great career move.

When I said I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed at me. Well, they're not laughing now!

Princess Diana was beautiful on her wedding day, a fact i hadnt realized or overlooked until just recently seeing footage of the wedding day again. I think she was more beautiful than Kate, and for sure would give Diana the edge quite easy, which suprised me as i thought Kate would be more beautiful on her wedding day, but looked oldish and too skinny. Whereas Diana had the glow of youth about her.
Though comparisons shouldnt be made, and pressure shouldnt be put on Kate, to be anything other than herself.

I had to defend myself as this thread wasnt about Kate, so i apologize, as i think Kate is pretty as well. But just saying.....ater seeing footage of diana on her wedding day i had forgotten or didnt appreciate just how pretty diana was on her wedding day.
But it was only on her wedding day, any other time, i dont particularly think of Diana as beautiful.

Beauty is the only factor that enhances royal stature. The Royal Family has had to weather more than two decades of bad press (horrific pressure!) because both Sarah Ferguson and Camilla Parker-Bowles lacked Diana's photogenic loveliness. The House of Windsor is back on top in the popularity stakes again because another beautiful woman has married into the family.

Prince Harry should know by now that he has to marry a beautiful woman like his older brother or it will be rotten tomato time in the vicious British media. And these days, it is a whole new world, radically altered even from the time when Diana was killed. The public can now get into the act thanks to the easily accessible world-wide web.

Since the British people have a thoroughly collective nasty disposition thank 238 s to their heavily taxed, extremely low standard of living, they will be more than ready and willing to channel their self-hatred into a female member of the ruling dynasty who is found wanting due to constant negative media coverage. This is what happened to Sarah, Duchess of York, who gave her enemies on Fleet Street plenty of ammunition because she insisted on enjoying life when so many people thought she didn't deserve it.

Camilla Parker-Bowles lacked Diana's photogenic loveliness.

Camilla isn't bad-looking in a slightly tweedy, country house kind of way.

Diana? the Gucci stick-insect? Nah, too skinny and artificial-looking. Not everybody worships her, you know. Especially not in Britain.

The House of Windsor is back on top in the popularity stakes again because another beautiful woman has married into the family.

It happened a bit before that.......

Since the British people have a thoroughly collective nasty disposition thanks to their heavily taxed,

Been reading the 'Daily Fail' website again, MJC?

extremely low standard of living

Yeah, thought so.

channel their self-hatred

Oh Gawd, amateur psychology and new-age gobbledegook. This post is going downhill fast.

she insisted on enjoying life

She was a loud, vulgar wastrel of dubious fidelity to her husband if that's what you mean. b68

The church may shout but Darwin roars

Re: timeless beauty we miss

On her Day,we honor the memory of "Princess Di" and still miss her