Princess Diana : Did Queen Elizabeth do anything to help?

Did Queen Elizabeth do anything to help?

I have always had the utmost respect and admiration for Princess Diana, and cannot believe how, according to many reports, the Royal family and their staff were so cruel to and critical of her.

I realize that the following questions may have not have any answers, except from those in the Royal circle, but I have been wondering what the answers could be for the longest time. Any input will be appreciated. And before I begin, I'd like to say that these are based on TV interviews with Diana, documentaries and articles that I have seen. I in no way mean to bash those across the pond, including the Royal Family.

1. Did anyone explain to Diana before her marriage to Prince Charles that this was an arranged marriage, or that duty came before anything and anyone? (If I were Diana, I would have liked to know what I'm getting into before the fact. And I'm sure that the Royal Family would have liked to know that their future daughter-in-law was on the same page as they were.) Or did she find out what she was getting into too late..."after her initials were already on the tea towels," as supposedly quoted by her sister.

2. Did Queen Elizabeth or Prince Charles try to get help for Diana when she was experiencing depression or bulimia? From what I've read, they just didn't understand human emotion or mental illness -- or feel that there was a place for it in their lives. (Quite odd considering the stories of people being put in the Tower due to insanity -- or just to get them out of the way. Thank God, they don't use the Tower anymore. I have a feeling that they would have put Diana in there after the birth of Prince William.)

3. When Queen Elizabeth realized that her oldest sons' marriage was in shambles, did she meet with him and suggest that he (and Diana) get help? Or is counseling frowned upon? If I were Queen Elizabeth, I would have taken Charles aside and told him to forget Camilla. His obligation is to the throne and his wife, and that he should pledge devotion to both. I would have also told him that being discrete in liaisons with Camilla wouldn't work because, unlike her era growing up, there is TV and photographers around every corner, which could bring great scandal to the throne and Royal Family. (I'm not saying that people should stay in a loveless marriage, but if the Royal Family are so focused on duty and service above everything else, they should do whatever it takes to be united as a family -- including the in-laws.)

4. Did Charles really not ever love Diana, and was the comment that he made about him getting a second wife and standing between the two and directing them dur 5b4 ing the walkabout meant to be cruel? I heard that he was jealous of the attention that Diana was getting because he was used to getting all the attention. If this is true, I wish someone would have told him that her success and popularity was a reflection on him and his choice to marry her -- and not meant to be a threat to him or his ego.

5. Is it my imagination or did Prince Charles view Diana as a problem? He seemed to act like Diana was a nuisance. Rarely did I see him smile or be as relaxed with her as he does with his sons and Camilla. He has such value for the environment and how it affects people. Couldn't he find some place in his heart for Diana's problems?

I do know that he must have tried, but Diana wouldn't "let him in," but I was just wondering if he really tried enough. Did Diana, or did she just give up after the pain became too much? (I remember her BBC interview where she said that all she wanted was to be pampered and taken care of by her husband and staff during her bad times. That doesn't seem too much to ask. I have a feeling that Charles would do that for Camilla.)

I do want to say that I commend Prince Charles for being honest enough to admit to his infidelity when he had his BBC interview. (I heard a British reporter say that it was the wrong move. But considering all the lies that men tell when they cheat, I have respect for Prince Charles' honesty.)

Re: Did Queen Elizabeth do anything to help?

I have those ?s myself
the more ive read about Diana and Charles
it seems as if he's rather be single and have all his ladies whenever he wanted
even when he dated Camilla long b4 ever know Diana he would have other women in his life too.im thinking would life be easier if one dated just one person at a time not 2 or 3 cause ya cant get to know someone that well.
Another thing several months back i came across an article where Chales was qsked /s about his life and when asked if he could do anything over again he said he would have married Camilla and ignored Diana he would have just wnet on his way...on the other hand he said he doesnt regret his sons
the only way he got his sons was Diana..even if he had kids with Camilla thye may have been very diff people even if they both had the same first names..would he have loved them as much? he loves his sons but would have ignored Diana....weird
Elizabeth acted as if Nausea,depression,marital stress was abnormal..there was sugestion that they knew CHarles loved Camilla biut he could still see her cause Diana was shy and never guess,even if camera were never invented Diana would have found out about Charles cheating..eventually
They say if Liz had any sympathy for Diana she didnt want to admit it..she once said toi Diana Charles was hopelss when she asked her about the adultery
i even heard once that Chrles trys to forget he ever knew Dian but remenders of her never seem to go away(they wont as long as William and Harry are part of his family

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Thanks guys! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who ponders these things...Also, thanks for the link to the website!

I have always had the utmost respect and admiration for Princess Diana, and cannot believe how, according to many reports, the Royal family and their staff were so cruel to and critical of her.

I realize that the following questions may have not have any answers, except from those in the Royal circle, but I have been wondering what the answers could be for the longest time. Any input will be appreciated. And before I begin, I'd like to say that these b68 are based on TV interviews with Diana, documentaries and articles that I have seen. I in no way mean to bash those across the pond, including the Royal Family.

1. Did anyone explain to Diana before her marriage to Prince Charles that this was an arranged marriage, or that duty came before anything and anyone? (If I were Diana, I would have liked to know what I'm getting into before the fact. And I'm sure that the Royal Family would have liked to know that their future daughter-in-law was on the same page as they were.) Or did she find out what she was getting into too late..."after her initials were already on the tea towels," as supposedly quoted by her sister.

Answer: I may be wrong, but I don't believe anyone would tell a future princess she's being married to serve as a brood mare. Diana probably knew full well what she was getting into. Stop and think about it: Marrying the Prince of Wales, heir apparent to the throne of the United Kingdom must feel something like winning the lottery. I'm sure she didn't imagine it would turn out the way it did.

2. Did Queen Elizabeth or Prince Charles try to get help for Diana when she was experiencing depression or bulimia? From what I've read, they just didn't understand human emotion or mental illness -- or feel that there was a place for it in their lives. (Quite odd considering the stories of people being put in the Tower due to insanity -- or just to get them out of the way. Thank God, they don't use the Tower anymore. I have a feeling that they would have put Diana in there after the birth of Prince William.)

Answer: I think the Queen and Prince Charles were perplexed about what to do about Diana. When you're royalty, you don't acknowledge mental illness, much less go to a shrink for help.

3. When Queen Elizabeth realized that her oldest sons' marriage was in shambles, did she meet with him and suggest that he (and Diana) get help? Or is counseling frowned upon? If I were Queen Elizabeth, I would have taken Charles aside and told him to forget Camilla. His obligation is to the throne and his wife, and that he should pledge devotion to both. I would have also told him that being discrete in liaisons with Camilla wouldn't work because, unlike her era growing up, there is TV and photographers around every corner, which could bring great scandal to the throne and Royal Family. (I'm not saying that people should stay in a loveless marriage, but if the Royal Family are so focused on duty and service above everything else, they should do whatever it takes to be united as a family -- including the in-laws.)

Answer: Queen Elizabeth, according to published reports only intervened when it became apparent to all the world that Diana and Charles were irevocably broken. The Queen would never tell Charles who he could or could not sleep with any more than she would raise b68 the issue with her own husband who is reputed to have had quite a few dalliances in his day. It's called keeping a stiff upper lip for a reason!

4. Did Charles really not ever love Diana, and was the comment that he made about him getting a second wife and standing between the two and directing them during the walkabout meant to be cruel? I heard that he was jealous of the attention that Diana was getting because he was used to getting all the attention. If this is true, I wish someone would have told him that her success and popularity was a reflection on him and his choice to marry her -- and not meant to be a threat to him or his ego.

Answer: People that marry for social standing are rarely in love with each other when they marry. They can only hope that with time they will grow fond of each other and if lucky, manage to find something close to love.

5. Is it my imagination or did Prince Charles view Diana as a problem? He seemed to act like Diana was a nuisance. Rarely did I see him smile or be as relaxed with her as he does with his sons and Camilla. He has such value for the environment and how it affects people. Couldn't he find some place in his heart for Diana's problems?

Answer: Charles only saw Diana as a problem to the extent that the courtiers and advisors to the Queen viewed her as such. Diana was in fact a nuisance. She never fully grasped how important it was for her to maintain the charade that all was well in the House of Windsor. She was passive aggressive and as well as being acutely aware of how powerful she was due to her popularity with the public and press attention and she never missed an opportunity to capitalize on this.

I do know that he must have tried, but Diana wouldn't "let him in," but I was just wondering if he really tried enough. Did Diana, or did she just give up after the pain became too much? (I remember her BBC interview where she said that all she wanted was to be pampered and taken care of by her husband and staff during her bad times. That doesn't seem too much to ask. I have a feeling that Charles would do that for Camilla.)

I do want to say that I commend Prince Charles for being honest enough to admit to his infidelity when he had his BBC interview. (I heard a British reporter say that it was the wrong move. But considering all the lies that men tell when they cheat, I have respect for Prince Charles' honesty.)

You are trying to project normalcy on people that are not normal. They are not raised that way and are trained from birth to always place duty first and to suppress their emotions. Diana was a means to an end: produce an heir and a spare. Once she realized that she was used, I think it sent her over the edge. She refused to play the game or abide by the rules and for that reason, she became a liability to the Royal Family. It's unfortuante 5b4 that her story had a tragic ending.

think the Queen and Prince Charles were perplexed about what to do about Diana. When you're royalty, you don't acknowledge mental illness, much less go to a shrink for help.

Not the case. Diana was seeing a psychiatrist from very ealry on in her marriage.

Was seeing a psychiatrist Diana's idea or was she encouraged to do so by Charles and, if so, why?

Not to be mean, but can you imagine what Charles and Camilla's kids would look like thank god he had them with Diana. At least her legacy lives on in them. Poor woman didn't even get to see her own granchildren. I know Camilla didn't want to be a royal but isn't ironic that she is one now. If they would have gotten married there would have been no jealousy because no one wanted to look at her. I'm just being honest. It just comes to show that kind of Royalty/Monarchy is unatural.

Diana was a kind caring human being, she would never have been accepted by the Royal's who are cold heartless monsters. "God save the Queen" b*llocks!! God has nothing to do with the Windsor's and hopefully in a more enlightened time in the future they will be found out.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I think the point we're all trying to make here is that princess diana was way too good to be a part of the Royal family anyway.