Ellen Page : Ya ever notice?

Ya ever notice?

She was an OK actress. An Indie Darling, like Parker Posey. She had her little niche` when Juno came out playing the bored sarcastic teen. Then, she got older and the parts dried up and she wasn't quite famous anymore other than being "That girl from Juno". Why? Because she made a small career of playing the same character in every thin she did. Then nothing. Her career stalled. Then she decided to do what they all do. "Hey, Everyone! I'm a Lesbian! Love me!" and all of a sudden she is on Ellen, being talked about, offered roles again. Do I believe she is a real lesbian? No. I think she is doing it for the career boost it gave her. Before you say I am just against gay people, I am gay. I am just sick of people like Ellen using our community for their career. Since coming out, what has she done?

Re: Ya ever notice?

You're a liar.

That's not entirely true. Yes, since 'Juno' she pretty much played the same character in subsequent movies. Yes, her career slowed down. And yes, the coming out gave her a bit of a career boost.

But you're wrong about her intentions.

Even before Juno, she always noted that she doesn't want to play big roles in big movies. She even didn't really like doing the 'X-Man' flicks or 'Inception'.
She also said, that she's going to be really picky about roles and if that means she can't act anymore, that would be fine for her because she's interested in other things too.

About the gay thing: Many people noticed her gayish behavior and mannerisms long before she came out. Many people also stated that coming out will kill what's left of her career. I guess she lost almost as much as she gained.

Please don't vilify her. She's definitely not using "your community" to gain attention. I don't know her personally, but what I do know about her personality is that she wouldn't exploit the popularity of a community that way.

Her personality screams that she would use anything or anyone to keep herself in the limelight.

How many interviews from her early years have you seen?
Don't base your opinion of her on how she's portrayed in todays mainstream media.

If you watch interviews from around 2005 to 2010 you'll get a better idea of her actual personality.

Sure, she probably changed a bit since then, but I don't think she went from humble to attention-grabbing.

See, she used to have this "I don't care attitude" in her early interviews because she was the media darling, the hipster young actress who was famous and had cameras and interviews offered all the time. Then she got older and her Hipster act got old and she found herself not famous, no roles and wondering "Where did all the interviews go, Hey, Look at me! Hello!?!??" LOL. So she got the Coming out Schtick act going because her agent or someone said "If you wanna be hip again, pretend you're a lesbian!" Looking at the resurrection of Neil Patrick Harris's career she probably thought "Hey! I can be a star again". Only difference is, NPH is REALLY gay and a little bit entertaining. In small doses.

While this sounds somewhat reasonable, there are a lot of assumptions in this rationale.

You alledge a lot of motivations that cannot be proven or disproven.

However, the main question is: Why do you believe Harris but not Page?
I assume you don't know either of them personally, so you only have their word.
Why do you trust his words more than hers?

Harris has a family. He is established. He came out to people before his big announcement. Page, just all of a sudden blurted it out in the first interview she could get and "Shocked" us all and been riding the wave ever since.

Here we go again...

1. People who make comments like this forget that she has always mainly done indie roles and still is (small supporting roles in Inception and X-Men aside). She just happened to luck out with one extremely successful one.

2. The idea that "coming out" is some big career boost in Hollywood is ridiculous. People only care unless you're already a big deal. If she was that cynical and just wanted an easy ticket to fame manufacturing some scandal like a sex tape would have been a better bet.