Ellen Page : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Ugh…….Talentless….

Well, usually I'm like "don't feed the trolls", but since you took the time to use punctuation and some uppercase letters, I might as well chime in a little.

First of all, I don't think it speaks for a person to "love" that someone is unsuccessful. Indifferent - OK, but happy? Not cool!

Then.."I am a lesbian!" and whoosh, her career is resurrected ...

Given that most people say that the exact opposite has happened, this cancels out and her career is unchanged, I guess.

Besides, she said multiple times, even before 'Juno', that she likes playing small roles in small films.
She even didn't like the hype around 'Juno'.

With this in mind, her career is as good as she wanted it to be. She had a couple of small roles in small films.

... Ellen Page for all her wishing and wanting to be a Gay Icon, a Media Superstar ...

She certainly doesn't want that, see above.

... just not that interesting or talented for us to care...

Still, you care enough to write a longish post in her IMDb message board.

About talent:
From a pure logical point of view you cannot assess her talent sufficiently.
Because if you - as demonstrated - don't like her, you probably haven't seen a lot of her movies.
Therefore, you can't have enough knowledge to make a sound argument.

Re: Ugh…….Talentless. …

Yup, true true.

I love how her career was in the toilet, no one gave her a thought after her one note performance in Juno. Then.."I am a lesbian!" and whoosh, her career is resurrected and she is worshiped by Ellen and Oprah, the new LBGT Darling...

People who still think this is how Hollywood works are idiots.

If no one cared about her, no one would care that she was gay. For example, Wentworth Miller came out and it barely registered on the radar because he's just not a big actor. Or similarly one of the actresses from the first Hunger Games (Amandla Steinberg) movie recently came out as bi -- and no one cared. Ellen only received as much attention as she did because she was already notable.

If Jennifer Lawrence came out as gay it would be huge, huge news. If someone like Isabelle Fuhrman came out, people wouldn't notice.

Careful there, buddy! You're making sense on IMDB! I'm not sure that's permitted.

You're exactly right, though. People only "care" about such things in proportion to how notable the person already is.

Hi Sam.... Your posting was about Ellen's talent.... Right?
So I just watched Juno again. I hadn't seen it since it first came "Out." No pun intended. She is so *beep* annoying in this film. Her over-acting is embarrassing! She was trying so hard to be witty, quirky, and cutesy that I wanted to vomit. She hasn't really done much acting. The last film I saw her in was "Inception"... Her performance was flat- one dimensional. Hardy, Leo & Levitt were great! Most people have already forgotten about her.... I had.... until Juno came on TV.

Post deleted

Page is an indie darling. You may not like her, but clearly the critics and film festivals do, and that's really the whole point of being an indie darling. It's not to make box office gold, but to focus on smaller projects. She's done this.

As for Page's sexuality, it's not a way to stay relevant. If we were a more progressive society, coming out would not make the news, but there you are. The majority of people who keep bringing it up are the ones interviewing her, and people like you -- which is odd, because you're the ones who are supposedly sick of this being a topic in the first place. Ironic.

--
Why don't you take a pill, bake a cake, go read the encyclopaedia.

Now you officially outed yourself as a troll, because you contradicted yourself.

Let me quote from your original post:

... Ellen Page for all her wishing and wanting to be a Gay Icon, a Media Superstar...

But now:

... She desperately wanted to be the next Parker Posey/Indie Darling

So, she wants to be a media superstar AND an indie darling?

You're out!

So, she wants to be a media superstar AND an indie darling?

LOL! Trolls have a remarkable ability to endure levels of cognitive dissonance that cripple the average person.

Post deleted

No-no-no, you're not a troll when you just don't like someone.
It's not even trolling to write about that in a forum.

The trolling part comes in when you complain about things you just assume or assert.

You don't KNOW what she wants to be, yet you claim that she "wants" to be this and that.
You even went so far to mention two different things that are mutually exclusive, and THEN complained about it.

That's trolling.

Here's an example, funny enough, it's from your latest post:

She only did this to get on tv again.

You don't KNOW that! You just make something up and then complain about it.

That's trolling.

I can do that, too: You kicked a puppy - you're a bad person. Shame on you.