Melissa McCarthy : Am I the only who thinks she is not that funny ?

Am I the only who thinks she is not that funny ?

I don't know if it's a matter of culture or anything, but I don't find that woman funny at all. She's annoying, if anything.

Re: Am I the only who thinks she is not that funny ?

No, not at all. There are lots of people who think that.

I think it's a matter of finding the right part. Her new gig as Sean Spicer on SNL is quite well done. Of course, if you're a Trump supporter, you may not be able to get past that she's poking fun at him. I'd be interested to hear if any Trump-haters also think her Sean Spicer role is not funny.

She's not funny at all. Just like the Mindy Project. All stupid.

I don't like Melissa McCarthy, but I like The Mindy Project.

I think just like with Rosanne that she needs someone good to play off of to be funny.

Come visit my theblackrosecastle.com

Actors like her shouldn't be encouraged.

Neither should actresses like her.

I don't find her funny at all. I find her very annoying. She is very annoying on Mike and Molly I only like that show for Swoosie Kurtz. I would rather FF over Melissa.

Yes, she is very annoying on Mike and Molly. She comes off as a witch.

I agree with you. I also feel like she has no acting range at all. Just like Zach Galanafazakawitz and Seth Rogen.

BIG WHIT!

You've missed a lot: Jason Segel, Michael Cera, Jason Sudeikis, Jon Heder, Jason Lee, (And I still missed a lot too) all play the same thing all the damn time. They all think they're funny but they're not!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

She has never even made me crack a smile

Yeah, but she is hot.

Post deleted

Not one bit of funny. She plays fat, clumsy and more or less retarded people.

One trick pony, and the ponyride isn't gonna last long.

I'd like her to ride me like a goddamn pony.

She's completely unfunny to me and I'll admit, when I see some teaser for her show or something, you know, where they show a "funny" bit from the upcoming episode, I go into a 30-second blind rage because it infuriates me that people can find her gimmick funny.

Yeah, I guess people, being the complex creatures we are, can look at anything and find some humor, but it's still enraging.

From what I've seen of her I did not find her to be funny I found her to be a dissapointment

She's about as funny as aids.

“I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is - and it's me.”

What the hell is wrong with you thinking that you can say that, do you have the experience of aids?? even if you have you shouldn't be making jokes of it, i know there are a lot more people in the world who do but you just said it and you just compared her to aids which made me angry because i love she is an amazing actress and you should just stop hating or atleast you shouldn't post comments like these you can say that you don't like the movies because it isn't your style but comparing her to aids is just terrible and you should know.

I'm just expressing my opinion, this isn't communist China. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels she is an untalented bum.

Seems like you have a lot of time on your hands? Posting double posts and extra posts, seems a bit dodgy like paid shills or something?

Those who are compelled to tell strangers how much they hate popular things seem to be very trendy these days.

--------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

I actually find that having to hold your toung because everyone around you is too politically correct and if you don't like something or make a joke about the wrong thing, all the PC's surrounding you will jump down your throat...is the in thing right now.

She's about as funny as aids.

Haha well said sir. Glad to see other people don't find her funny. I have never understood why people think she is funny at all. I suppose she is the female Chris Farley but I loved Chris Farley when I was a kid so that changes my perspective. Maybe I would have thought it was stupid as an adult, or maybe he's just better at it than she is.

Post deleted

Yes

You are not alone. I can't stand that woman.

Does she really think that using such vulgar language makes her funny ? Poor woman.

Post deleted

Such a wannabe. She fancies herself a Kathy Bates.

I loved her in Bridemaids but have been disappointed with her other movies.

Dini

You're not alone. I thought she was tolerable on The Gilmore Girls, but she is just so annoying on Mike and Molly, I can no longer stand watching the show.

I thought she was tolerable on The Gilmore Girls

That's true for me, too! Even on that show, she started out rather good then went downhill. I thought it was only the scripts. Now, I know that this signaled what was to come.

Like many "comics", she thinks being foul-mouthed is funny. NO!

(W)hat are we without our dreams?
Making sure our fantasies
Do not overpower our realities. ~ RC

No, you're not alone. Her and Kevin James should be shipped off to a deserted island reserved for unfunny, fat people.

Whenever I see a commercial for her new movie, I change the b68 channel. To me she is the female version of Will Ferrell or Jack Black, just doing the same schtick over and over. Which is a shame really, because on Gilmore Girls as Sookie she was likable, not necessarily my favorite character, but tolerable.

I find her image to be crass and snarky. I haven't liked any of the characters she plays, and when I went to the movies and had to suffer through two trailers of her not yet released films, I wanted to gag.

"Great theater makes you smile. Outstanding theater may make you weep."

Why do you do this? Why do you comment on someone you don't even like. She is so amazing and believe me every one loves her except the 20 people who do comment like 100 time because they don't have friend and have nothing to do with their life's. Reply to me if u dare you FOOL!! Or just ignore me and remember this that MELISSA MCCARTNY is just to perfect. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Okay, ignored. Hey, you asked for it lol.

I wanted to be a stand-up comedian, but I prefer sitting...

She's as funny as me kicking a newborn baby seal in the head.

I came, I saw, I laughed, I left.

No, you are not. But you are a member of a small fraction of the population. What is funny is how so many of you do not find Melissa funny, and some of you down right dislike her, but you all found your way here. That means she has a gravitational pull even on a few dozen who don't find her funny. I think she is fresh and funny and I simply love her quick wit. I hope she is our next Betty White and is around for decades to come.

Nope. You're probly not the only one. But who the *beep* cares what you think? :D Unless, you can humor us better.

She annoys the hell out of me.
As others said, one trick pony. When she's in a movie or program and doesn't poke fun at her weight and clumsiness then perhaps she'll be funny. But that shtick gets old VERY quickly

I think she's funny. I like her as a person from what I've read about her and from her appearances on talk shows. I like Mike and Molly. It's one of the few comedy shows that makes me laugh out loud. There isn't much on TV these days that can do that. It's a good show because of the ensemble cast.

I haven't seen all her movies. Some were good, some weren't.

I'm just putting my opinion out there. Everyone has different tastes and opinions. Like someone I used to work with said... opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. So true.

"Am I the only who thinks she is not that funny?"

Yes.

The correct answer is still no.

She's like a mid-2000's Eddie Murphy or a modern-day Jim Carrey in terms of comedic usefulness.

Nope. I have never even tee-hee'd at her work. Women like her (biggish etc), seem to love her.

Not at all. Decidedly UNfunny. Always plays the same lame character

i dont think shes funny either. But there must be some people who do or she wouldn't keep getting work. Shes not even likeable either. She fills the heavy person void people need in movies. gotta have a fat person in movies, it makes them funny... thing is most fat people who were funny are dead now, cause of they got too fat. John Candy, Chris Farley = infinitely more funny and likeable