Jean Marsh : Twilight Zone

Twilight Zone

I remember seeing her for the first time in a TZ re-run in the 80's, where she was the android companion of the prisoner on a asteroid all alone. I was so touched by her child-like innocence and simple desire to be loved by Corey, and horrified by her end. And she was a hottie then too!

Re: Twilight Zone

I just saw that episode recently, and she reminded me of Eileen Davidson. Even then, she had big brows.

You've said it all , and all I can do is nod my head in echoing agreement . Thank you ! walt

I had only known her as the frumpy maid Rose in Upstairs Downstairs. I was surprised to see her here. I never realized how pretty she was.

Best twlight zone episode in my opinion. Well, my favorite one, anyway. And yea, she was hot back in the day!

Which brings me something that has bugged me about that episode for years. Did Alicia the robot come complete with…..uh…..ummmmm….you know… all the "requisite equipment" to make her a complete human female? I mean she has a memory track and can cry real tears, why would she not have the total package to make her a functioning sexual woman?

I realize people did not think about that during the fifites, but I think the element is definitely there.

Not to sound gross, but if Corey was not just enjoying looking at the stars and playing chess with her, does it not stand to reason that they were engaged in a more adult relationship? That would make his decision to leave her all the more difficult.

Well this is what I would *like* to believe,…

That the desire to sexualize her, to imbue her with physicality is a
product of the itmes we live in. But to the man Corey whose life and
sanity she saved, the simple acts of devotion like playing chess, etc.
were more than enough.

I mean if she were "just a computer android" than surely she should've
kicked butt at chess. And star-gazing is something she couldn't possibly
understand as a computer. The only thing that could explain these obvious
contradictions is that her primary program was for devotion rather than
pleasure. Corey, in his desperate loneliness, would not have defiled her
devotion with lust. Even id that lust would have obligated her to try to
please him. It's a completely romantic theory, but most of TZ is just that;
Romance disguised as Sci-Fi to teach moral lessons.

you said, "Not to sound gross,…" So don't. Allow them to live on the
level intended even if you and I can imagine something much cheaper.

Just My .02cents Worth,

Andrew

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Even watching this as a kid, or, well, a teenager, at least, I always thought that she was, ahem, fully functioning. So yeah, all the more poignant when he has to leave her behind and leave her behind. Ahem.

And yes, she was a hottie back in the day.

I asked the doctor to take your picture so I can look at you from inside as well.

*spoilers*

Amazing episode, one of the best in my opinon that one, the end when i realized they we're going to leave her sent me cold for a second!!

————————
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

By far the best work of hers I've seen.

"Fully functional in multiple techniques," as a certain android in a sci-fi TV series three decades later would have put it. :)

Denise Crosby was lucky. Or maybe Data was!

I want the doctor to take your picture so I can look at you from inside as well.

So beautiful in that episode!

Just 25 years old in that TZ episode. She had such a nicely-shaped backside.

That's a physical feature of which she's quite proud, by the way, from what she said in one of the U/D episode commentaries, done around 1996 I think. She said that in the Season One episode where that nude painting of the maids was done, whoever painted it made Rose's ass look way too flat, and Marsh having been a dancer (ballet possibly), she said she had a "really nice, round bottom", not a flat one.

She's fully functioning.

I just re-watched that episode. Is it just me, or is she a dead ringer for Alis1c84on Brie from "Community"?

It's just you. There's a slight resemblance, but hardly a dead ringer. Jean Marsh has a very distinctive, pinched nose.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. – A. Einstein

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

One of my Top Ten TZ's.

Very sad ending.

She was on a 1982 ep of Johnny Carson (for tv show9-5) & she, at 48) got tons of whistles as she came on stage.