Victoria Jackson : As such an uptight Christian, why did she even go into the arts?

As such an uptight Christian, why did she even go into the arts?

It's pretty well known that comedy (and the arts in general) tend to attract us liberal and progressives. Although she's gotten way more hateful and outspoken about her views in recent years... since she was raised Christian I'm guessing she always at least somewhat held these views. Maybe Obama's election back in 2008 just brought it out in full force?

That being so, why would she WANT to go into the entertainment industry in the first place back in the 80s? At least she seemed funny, quirky and cute back then. Nowadays, she has literally no sense of humor and takes herself and her wacko causes far too seriously.

She's beautiful on the outside, but ugly and hateful af on the inside.

Re: As such an uptight Christian, why did she even go into the arts?

Somebody disagrees with you so they're hateful and ugly on the inside? How kind hearted of you to say.

Who is to say that the arts, and entertainment in particular, doesn't appeal to conservatives?

Just look at Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Kelsey Grammar among others (I won't include Jon Voight, because he started off fairly liberal, although he still gets plenty of work and appears to enjoy being an actor, despite his move to very conservative politics).

I'm a liberal, and I enjoy the arts, but I would argue that someone who genuinely wants to change the world and make a progressive difference would be better suited to medicine, social work, aid work, research, public law, and even politics, than prancing about on camera, and getting paid vast millions simply for expressing one's ego (which strikes me as a very shallow and materialistic thing to do, and thus, on balance, more befitting of a conservative than a true progressive liberal).

Despite what Hollywood may protest, there is nothing remotely progressive and liberal about that industry with its inherent sexism, racism, homophobia, and extreme capitalist/materialist values.

Where did this idea come from that Christians dislike the arts? Ever heard of the Sistine Chapel? Christians like TV, movies, books, art, painting and music just like everyone else. Some of the greatest paintings, statues and pieces of music ever produced are Christian in nature.

I don't know, but I was mostly focused on conservatives.

I think the OP's notion that Christians detest art is even more absurd and unworthy of a response.

Last Seen Films: Rogue One - 9/10, Silence - 10/10, La La Land - 10/10

Okay I should've probably said the entertainment industry instead of "the arts", but my point still stands. Many (not all but definitely some) Conservatives point to liberal leaning pop culture for everything that's wrong with the world, or at least hating so much of it, Family Guy is a good example.

Come on, there's a clear difference between 80s Victoria and 2010s Victoria. The 1989 Vicki seemed like the kind of sweet, cute and innocent girl you'd like to be friends with and go on a date and laugh with. 2017 Victoria just seems beaten down by the world and very hateful and unpleasant to be around. I actually feel bad and sorry for her in a way, I wonder if her hate comes from some deep pain. I truly wonder if something happened in her personal life that just made this hate come out in the last 10 years.