Oldboy : It's almost amazing how bad Sharlto was in this movie.

It's almost amazing how bad Sharlto was in this movie.

I mean it was like he was trying to be awful. Every scene he was in it was like watching some amateur actor attempting to portray a parody of a caricature of a British villain.

He's never been a spectacular actor, he was pretty good in D9, but the fact they let any of his scenes make it into this movie (and actually paid him for it!) is actually pretty absurd.

Honestly, I imagine the Key-Grip would've given a more believable turn. Coked-out Tommy Lee after a week long bender would have actually been an improvement. The schizophrenic homeless man I give money to when I walk by, who in turn spouts off Tolkienesque mythicism Jerry Falwell style, would have given a performance less deserving of derision. Of these things I'm sure.

The whole movie was bad, I don't really have to single out Mr. Copley's acting (and I'm sure he'll do just fine after this), but c'mon man.

/end rant.

~I know that I know nothing.~

Re: It's almost amazing how bad Sharlto was in this movie.

I thought he was good in District 9 but it's a shame that he's stuck with stuff like this and Maleficient.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Yep. Pantomime bad.

___
There are two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

He was playing an eccentric lunatic that was screwed up in the head form years of pent up trauma over...based on that, I enjoyed his performance.

+++by His wounds we are healed. - Isaiah 53:5+++

The character and is acting was a low point. I was laughing how absurd the whole thing was.

I agree. He deserved a Razzie for this cartoonish performance.

http://zummer.blogspot.com/