Wild : The bridge at the end...

The bridge at the end...

...was that the same one as in Rambo?

Re: The bridge at the end...

Actually no. The bridge in Rambo, known in the movie as the "Bridge to Portland" is in Hope, British Columbia. It was scheduled to be torn down and replaced in 2014, but I'm not sure if it actually happened. The bridge in Wild really is called Bridge of the Gods. It's about 40 miles east of Portland spanning the Columbia River separating Oregon and Washington. In the movie it looks like she is in a remote area, but in reality, the noisy and heavily traveled I-84 is very close to where she is standing on the bridge. The headlights you see in the movie when she is on the bridge in from State Route 14 on the Washington side of the Columbia River.

Yes i was just there...very noisy

... was that the same one as in Rambo?
Thought exactly the same thing myself.🐭

I must confess that I was disappointed when I saw what the bridge looked like. With a cool name like that I was expecting nature made instead of a man made bridge.

by kslcutter» Thu Jan 7 2016 23:52:32
I must confess that I was disappointed when I saw what the bridge looked like. With a cool name like that I was expecting nature made instead of a man made bridge.

Further information on the naming of the bridge. Short answer - there was a natural bridge there (a dam, actually) a few hundred years ago.

From Wikipedia:

The Bridge of the Gods was a natural dam created by the Bonneville Slide, a major landslide that dammed the Columbia River near present-day Cascade Locks, Oregon in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. The river eventually breached the bridge and washed much of it away, but the event is remembered in local legends of the Native Americans as the Bridge of the Gods.

The Bridge of the Gods is also the name of a modern manmade bridge, the Bridge of the Gods, across the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington. (from:)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of_the_Gods_%28land_bridge%29

From http://portofcascadelocks.org/bridge-of-the-gods/:

Scientists believe that about 1,000 years ago, a giant landslide from the north shore of the Columbia River blocked the Gorge and stopped the river’s flow. This natural dam created an inland sea in eastern Oregon, Washington, and into Idaho. Over time, water eroded the dam and created an awesome natural stone bridge. Eventually, this bridge fell, creating the Cascade rapids.

More here: http://columbiariverimages.com/Regions/Places/bridge_of_the_gods.html

Thanks for the links. They were very informative. :)

Had a meeting for work in Vancouver, Wa. in November. After it was over, I drove up the Washington side to see the bridge. Otherwise I might not have known about the slide, etc. Drove across the bridge to Cascade Locks and then back west to hike up to Horsetail Falls on the Oregon side.

It is a nice old bridge.

I could've sworn it's the same bridge. It was the first thing I noticed.