22 Jump Street : So Jonah Hill punching a girl is funny because????

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: So Jonah Hill punching a girl is funny because????

Did you see the movie and, therefore, the context of the scene? He didn't WANT to hit her at all at first.

One of my fav scenes in Boondock Saints is when Murphy clocks that alpha lesbian at the start of the movie, hilarious! I don't think there's any boards on that one, ha ha.

I traveled 500 miles to give you my seed!

"You're Mr. and Mrs. Smithing me" was funny.

It wasn't that violent and she was a criminal, she had to be taken down.

I'd find it funny if Jonah Hill was getting f^7&)d in the arse by a woman wearing a dildoe then he pulls himself away and punches her complaining she didnt do it hard enough.

its funny cuz...if you had seen the movie...you'd know

Because apparently he's not supposed to. I

Would you be asking this if was punching another man ? To which, you're suggesting is acceptable in itself. Violence of any kind isn't ok.

what do you mean "ok for this to be a joke"

its ok for everything to be a joke, thats why its called a joke

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

To be honest - I'm shocked people even react to this.
And first of all, I seriously don't know Anyone that more anti-violence against women than I am.
My father left me, my three older sisters and our mother when I was two years old - so I've been raised by women and know to respect them.
And I've often half-jokingly/seriously said that the only time I'd ever put my hands on a woman is if she had a knife to my throat - and Even Then I'd be as gentle as possible.

Having said That - This is First of All - a COMEDY....
How many times haven't WOMEN laughed at guys getting kneed in the groin?
(as another poster pointed out)

Things that in real life are horrible are in different context, such as Comedy,
made hilarious.

Animal cruelty is in no way funny - in real life - but who didn't laugh their asses of at the fate of the dog in "Something about Mary" or Peetey the bird in "Dumb & Dumber"

South Park, renowned for their(Mat and Trey) incredible talent of making the most terrible of things - Funny - It's all about context and presentation.

There's a film with Monica Bellucci called "Irreversible" it's about rape.
I myself, as much as I absolutely adore her as as an actress(as well as her being one of the most beautiful women on earth - imo, of course)
I will most likely never see it.
Because I don't want to see her put through what I've heard is a truly horrible scene.
Rape is TERRIBLE in the Real World, and when depicted Authentic enough - terrible on the Screen as well.

That DOESN'T mean that rape In Fact, CAN'T be Funny though.
Or even child-molestation for that matter - another truly horrible thing!
Personally, were I ever to get my hands on a child-predator, they'd probably have to pry my fingers from his cold throat - I'd kill them for sure.

Having said that - my favorite comedy show of all time is
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
and that's a show that tackles the most depressing topics you can imagine(crack-addiction, child-molestation, stalking, homelessness dumpster-babies and much more) and manage to turn them into hilarious episodes.

So if you are to "ban" one thing from film, just because SOME people can't distance themselves from reality far enough to find ordinary horrors funny,
then soon there wouldn't be Anything to joke about.
I mean, would it still be OK for a woman to knee a man in the groin?
I CAN(Don't Always though - we men Always suffer with anyone we see hit in the groin - still, it would never dawn on me to "ban" it, just because of My feelings) laugh about in comedy, but I don't find it funny in real life, so....

South Park did an excelent story about the risks of censorship, when it was Suddenly deemed "not cool" to show the Prophet Muhammed, just because Now Some people(whom I suppose the show isn't aimed towards anyway)take "offense"
Mat and Trey make fun of All religions, All races, All nations and so on..
Either it's OK to joke about EVERYTHING, or NOTHING - because there will ALWAYS be SOMEONE that finds SOMETHING offensive in EVERYTHING.

And to those people we always say - "Ok, so you're not a fan, that's cool..
But then Please just stay the *beep* away and don't ruin the fun for those of us with a sense of humour, ok..? Thank you kindly.."

Oh, and btw - Schmidt Didn't even Want to fight Mercedes(the woman)

Mercedes "Come on, get up and hit me you *beep* pussy!"
Schmidt ""I'm not gonna fight a girl, so just stop"
Mercedes "It shouldn't matter. If you thought of me as a person instead of a woman, you would hit me and not feel bad about it"(she punches him)
Schmidt "Okey"
Mercedes "Bring it! I'm ready"
Schmidt "It's on now dawg. Girl-fight."(Smacks her) Oh, my God!
Mercedes "Is there blood in my eye"
Schmidt "Are you all right?"(She smacks him back)
Mercedes *beep* learn how to hit!"(Smacks her again)"That's a little better! That's a little better *beep* come on, come one!"

So there you have it - there are TONS of funny things about that scene - it's great! And they basically adress you exact consern, so...
That's what's funny about Jonah Hill punching a girl as hard as he can.

Oh, how I wish you could see the look on your face...as I rip it from your skull

So Jonah Hill punching a girl is funny because????

Who cares, she was evil. Nothing wrong with punching evil.

Who cares, she was evil. Nothing wrong with punching evil.

Uhm, most people...? It's a comedy, so naturally we expect things to be funny.
Her being Evil makes it ok for him to punch her, but the Circumstances is what makes it Funny - and that was the question, right..?

Oh, how I wish you could see the look on your face...as I rip it from your skull

well ok sir or mam......well all such voilence is vry BAD so pls we shoud NOT do it and when they show it 2 us its' worse than h8 speches wich is the worst stuffs??????????

In the context of the movie, this is a very funny fight scene where Jonah Hill doesn't want to punch her in the face, and she calls him a sexist because of it.

People like you are what's wrong with the world.

Best film ever made? The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

What I find disturbing are people that complain about idiotic comedy movies like this. With all that is wrong with the world and society - this is what you choose to spend your time wailing against? And on a movie board? SMH.

It's definitely dark comedy. This is when comedy crosses conventional boundaries of social acceptance. This is my favorite kind of comedy but I am able to distinguish between entertainment and reality.

Just about any good comedy... go to their IMDb board and look for the uptight person who was "offended" by something depicted as comedy in the film. If comedy could never offend, it wouldn't be funny.

No, it's not funny for men to punch women in reality and we put men in jail for it every day. In fact, we also put men in jail for assaulting other men, or shooting off firearms in public, stealing sports cars and racing all over town, etc., etc., etc. It's a MOVIE!

She attacked him first.

You clearly aren't a feminist, OP, like that female character was. When you are in a fight to the death with a drug dealer you punch them, regardless of gender. That's feminism 101 !

thewritingwriters.wordpress.com

an incomplete clip will never be funny.

Its like a scene of an evil guy chasing a cute dog and he suddenly stepped on a banana skin and fell down on a dog *beep* w/ his face.

and you will start to criticize "what is so funny w/ an evil guy chasing a cute dog" (BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY CLIP YOU'VE SEEN AND HEARD). And then another person reacts w/ your ("what is so funny w/ an evil guy chasing a cute dog" post and said "OMG that is animal cruelty. that is not funny". Then another person who is an animal lover and who has not seen the film reacts and said "They are torturing animals? That is not funny. American Comedy is dead and dumb"

And sadly that is the new generation of movie critics... :(

Some bishes who feel untouchable and feel they can say and do whatever they want needs to be punched, and tbh usually I don't consider them worth being called women anyway.

Somehow I think the feminists are the conservatives and the other guys are the liberals.
I mean, why shouldn't a guy hit a girl in a movie when it's clearly for the sake of comedy.
Guys get hit in movies all the time and no one raises an eyebrow. Even the weaker ones. The girl in the movie is clearly stronger or tougher than Schmidt and she starts the fight.

It actually depends on your society
if it happens in real life around you and you are sensitive with it then you probably would feel offended
but if you have never seen it in your family or real life then it would be funny
i didn't find it funny or even when she hit him but the dialogue and the part about kissing was and when she leaned in towards him was actually hot
but i haven't seen a man hit a woman before so i am not against it in a Comedy
also in the first part when Jenko punched the gay kid, Schmidt said something about that which was really funny but also smart
he said that Jenko not punching the guy because he was gay is homophobic which is so true, you can't just want advantages and try to avoid the disadvantages because it is not one way street
if she is equal to him then the scene is okay and so it is in real life as much as it is okay for her to punch him or for a man to punch another man
but the majority don't find it all the same because they are taught to give more to women than the past but not as much take from them so basically there is no actual equality between both genders.

It is never about what happened, it is only how you look at it!

you have to watch the movie. you would get it if it you knew the context. it was a pretty funny scene, but i think mostly because as you can see on this board no one liked that girl...

She was kicking his ass in a real live fight/die scene. I give him a pass on that one.

Blue

Ugh... You're the most annoying, frothy little tw@t. You probably have no friends, and if you do they're probably bigger tw@ts than you are. GFYS

If you're a dude, you're a cuck f*ggot, and if you're a chick, you're just a stupid *beep* This is equality. Deal with it.

Stupid feminist hypocrisy but shooting a penis is ok?
Wtf? How bout shoot a vulva to bits