Steel Magnolias : A re-make that didn't need to be made

A re-make that didn't need to be made

Why take a classic movie like Steel Magnolias, that had one of the most poignant scenes ever (cemetery), and try to re-make it? I thought it was horrid!!!!!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: A re-make that didn't need to be made

"ahh this question has been asked and answered, on this board!, several times..."

And still the question is asked; "Why? Why was this mediocre remake of a classic film ever made?"

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

"Critics and viewers disagree that this movie is mediocre."
Exactly. People disagree on whether this movie is mediocre.

I watched with an open mind, and I actually am enjoying it. The last scene has not yet played out, though. But I thought it was really an interesting idea and well done. I think it's a shame there is not a "non-segregated" version, actually.

DRAGON¸.•´¸.•*´¨SWAK¸.•*¨¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ ¸.•*¨¸.•´¸.•*´¨(¸.•´ ¸.•´

Disappointing. The original was so much better. Most of the actresses here especially the actress playing Shelby just didn't show the emotion and depth displayed by the original actresses and I wish they had changed some of the lines. I have the original memorized to a T and every time they'd say a line that was identical ir even just very similar to the original all I could think of was how the original actress did it so much better. It's really too bad because I really wanted to like this version.

I totally agree with you. It should never have been done. Remaking this is like remaking Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes & White Christmas. Don't get me wrong the actors are good but seriously should never have remade this. The original was just torn up and thrown on the ground.

Remaking Driving Miss Daisy; make it a black woman being driven around by a white man. Fried Green Tomatoes? All black cast I guess. White Christmas? LOL. BLACK CHRISTMAS, YO!!

Horrid is right. The only thing that could have saved this movie or made it worth watching would have been to remake it with a combination of Steel Magnolias and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. All them NO Talented Actors needed their heads chopped off.