Steel Magnolias : Why isn't Owen Jenkins listed in the cast?

Why isn't Owen Jenkins listed in the cast?

He had a bigger part than some that WERE listed...oversight???

And come on...they even changed Ouiser's DOG to black?? That's a tiny bit overboard.

I loved Phylicia Rashad, bought her instantly in the role of Clairee, and had just started accepting Alfre Woodard in her role around the church scene where they're grilling Ouiser about Owen and Annelle says "We are in the house of the lord!" The girl who played Annelle was forgettable, and although I usually like Queen Latifah I just didn't buy her as M'Lynn. The girl who played Shelby was okay.

The mashups they did with the order of things didn't really bother me much (like skipping Annelle's Halloween bridal shower and just making it the baby shower) but the pace at which they talked annoyed me to no end. I'm used to the slow southern drawl, especially from Truvy, which is why I didn't like how she was portrayed in the movie. The actress that played her was downright adorable and I'm sure I'd enjoy her in other roles, but as Truvy...no. Dolly Parton annoyed me at times with her forced one liners (even if they were funny) but the pacing was at it should have been for taking place in the deep south.

I mentioned most mashups/changes, but M'Lynn's breakdown scene taking place in the beauty shop was unforgiveable! That was Sally Field's greatest scene IMO, and it was so perfect that any attempt to redo it by anyone would fall short anyway. I just didn't feel that having it in the beauty shop was a good idea at all, and of course Queen's attempt at trying it on just flat out didn't work in its own right.

This was not that good...but I had to see it because I know every line by heart of the original movie. I tried to like it, and even did like some of the changes, but it wasn't enough to carry the whole movie. Phylicia Rashad was the only thing I really liked.

´¨*¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨*¨))
((¸¸.•´ .•´ -:¦:-
-:¦:-
Oooh, sparkly!

Re: Why isn't Owen Jenkins listed in the cast?

That was Sally Field's greatest scene IMO, and it was so perfect that any attempt to redo it by anyone would fall short anyway. I just didn't feel that having it in the beauty shop was a good idea at all, and of course Queen's attempt at trying it on just flat out didn't work in its own right.

This is just what I thought when I watched that scene. I didn't feel that it was QL's fault; that dramatic scene just couldn't be redone.

THE RAP CRITIC:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/rap-critic