Steel Magnolias : Why would they try to remake this classic?

Re: Why would they try to remake this classic?

I dont think I will like this remake. The original was the best. To me it would be like remaking Gone With The Wind.

WHY????

Not everything needs to be remade!

I know where I've been shot, dammit, I'm a doctor!

You said it perfectly, need we say more. thank you

Dont care nothing about re-makes...thats all Hollywood knows how to do anymore.....why dont they just do sequels or prequels.....I dont care how many films they are of nightmare, friday 13,halloween, jaws, short circuit, police academy....if they are goingto do another film it should be a prequel or another sequel....quit re-making.........on the other hand i will give this one a shot because of The Queen....she's a telented performer....

So I watched this re-telling. And I LOVED of how close it stuck to the original play as compared to the original film. The casting was great. Like I said before I'm glad that this is a fresh twist on a great story. Hopefully they'll be releasing this to DVD or Blu-ray so I can add it to my collection next to the original.

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. (slurp)"-H.L.

Then you are an idiot that has no idea what they are missing. The same can be said about why take stage plays and remake them into movies.

This remake stands very well next to the original, Condola Rashad did an excellent job next to all those classy ladies, the same way Julia did a great job acting opposite Sally, Dolly, Shirley, Daryl and Olympia.

There was nothing lame about it, the only lame thing here is you dismissing it before giving it a chance to make a worthy opinion, you moron.

"NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE"
BARBRA STREISAND AS YENTL

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

"This remake stands very well next to the original, Condola Rashad did an excellent job next to all those classy ladies, the same way Julia did a great job acting opposite Sally, Dolly, Shirley, Daryl and Olympia."

^LMAO...This is the funniest thing I've heard all year. Oh yes, it stood well next the original movie with accents all over the place, Latifah with her same hip hop persona/personality, and bad acting from many of the actors. I tuned in for 15 mins, but it was bad like I knew it would be. Each to its own.