Film General : Users who tried hard to be valuable users yet were considered trolls ?

Users who tried hard to be valuable users yet were considered trolls ?

Phenix
Catrician
TheRoadWarrior
FedRev (by OldAle)
Dford

Re: Users who tried hard to be valuable users yet were considered trolls

You were never a valuable user, Phenix.

Where do butterflies go when it rains? Who goes around & tucks in the trains?

and you were, zod? you were by far the most useless poster here. even worse than naeemak

lel

Col_Needham

I disagree on TheRoadWarrior

I think the huge reviews he wrote suggest he was trying to be a valuable user.

BY definition a troll is someone who posts things that are useless ON PURPOSE, os if a person tries to be valuable they are not a troll.

And this thread is very trollish if you ask me.

Also I think that you will soon realize this is my signature.

The title says "were considered trolls".

Some actions are sometimes mistaken as trolling when they are actually just attempts at saying something valuable.

No one replied to my reviews, waaaah.

I don't think no one considers FedRev troll. They just think he's stupid (I'm not though, i agree with his political viewpoint)

Continuously shoving his political agenda down people's throats on a FILM GENERAL Board equals trolling.

He should have taken his sad schtick to the Politics Board.

Except he generally brought them up only in the context of reviewing a film so it wasn't off topic.

He didn't spam the boards with his ideology; it always came up organically.

who's scruffy lookin?

Definitely phenix

Callum

Hmmm...let me think.....*fart*

Being like everybody is the same as being nobody.

Because you politically disagree with someone doesn't make them either "stupid" or a "troll". If it were an agreed-upon rule that there are to be no political discussions on Film General (and I have belonged to forums that have that rule), I might label someone who constantly "shoved their politics down my throat" a troll, but there was hardly only ONE user that was like that.

Regardless of politics, the user that you are referring to is far more intelligent than most of the people on this board, and ALL of his right-wing equivalents on this board. There are some very intelligent conservatives and some very dumb liberals, but neither seem to frequent the FG.

What a lot of people don't understand is you have to actually be pretty intelligent to understand Marxism as actually written by Marx. There are plenty of "SJWs" who don't understand Marxism and a lot of right-wingers who throw the term "Marxist" around and don't know what they're talking about. I don't AGREE with Marxism, but someone who has actually read and understood "Das Kapital" is obviously neither stupid or a troll. I'd say the same thing about a conservative devotee of the Austrian school, but there is really nobody like that on the FG.

"Let be be finale of seem/ The only emperor is the Emperor of Ice Cream"

I don't think OldAle potentially considers FedRev a troll because he thinks he is stupid. He does because he is doubtful that Fed is actually sincere about being a communist.

Also, trolling and intelligence are not that directly linked. Obviously someone who reads and understands "Das Kapital" could also be a troll. I mean why couldn't they ?

I think Cesar and m-slovak are actually serious posters who are just really weird. Haven't decided on XFiles.

I don't think people actually consider Road Warrior a "troll" (except for when he went full troll for like a week that time) a lot of people just don't like him generally. Same situation with Benman.

Haven't decided on XFiles

100% troll, possibly a sock of another poster on here.

Caesar is a good one. I can never be confident whether he is seriously that dumb or not.

Slovak appears genuine to me.