No Good Deed : The "Twist Ending" Is 'NO TWIST' At All

The "Twist Ending" Is 'NO TWIST' At All

Convoluted to say the least. There was no twist ending. Those who know film, knew how it was gonna end even before the film was released. As the Hays Code is still in effect. The Bad Guy is not gonna win. The Good Girl, will NOT get Killed/Raped,The Bad Person is killed by someone with no experience in crime,etc.

So, if Colin really wanted people dead,to find things out,etc. He could have did it in a lot less time than 84 min of this movie.

It had a 59.6% drop from Opening Weekend to the next. Black peeps weren't even supporting this film financially. As all of their hopes for a good film starring People of Color were dashed by the time they walked out of the movie house. If the people who had seen it on opening weekend liked it,and recommend that others see it. Then it wouldn't have had a 60% Drop from 1st to 2nd weekend.

I Kill Kids!

Re: The 'Twist Ending' Is 'NO TWIST' At All

As a black person myself I love seeing people of color in more starring roles.

However when it happens it's usually a let down. Currently 12 Years a Slave is the last good one I've seen.

12 Years a Slave was a HOT MESS.

There, I said it.

And all that hype about Lupito or whatever her name is--and all she did was get sadistically beatened, raped, then LEFT.

Looked like the same old same old to me. Was NOT impressed with the writing, script, directing, or the acting. I mean really, what was the challenge in playing the same *beep* we saw in countless other versions of MANDINGO?

But we were supposed to crown this mess as the next great thing? Um, no.

The twist was that the main female leads husband was actually having an affair with the killers ex-girlfriend.

Re: The "Twist Ending" Is 'NO TWIST' At All

Why does everyone always have to bring up race? Is this like an American issue? (Assuming you and other ppl on this board who always bring up the subject are). The only issue here is about quality. Compare No Good Deed to similar genre films like Gone Girl, and you will see that the source of the problem isn't race, but quality and creativity. NGD is pretty standard film making with tropes we have seen in a thousand other thrillers and horror flix played out again for the audience. While Gone Girl is hardly a groundbreaking film, at least it tries to be original and totally left field with its material and presentation.

http://www.1971-reviewae.com

The Hays Code is not still in effect. It was discarded in the '60s. You should watch more movies. For instance, the recent Gone Girl. The female lead played by Rosamund Pike is an insufferable, criminal, murderous, terrible human being with absolutely no redeeming qualities -- and she gets away with everything!

THe original poster, thrillkiller knows that the old Hays Code is not still around anymore (replaced in the 60s by the modern day MPAA ratings, themselves a bit different than the G/PG/PG-13/R that we've had since the mid-80s). I can also name "Bad Teacher" (and that one was a comedy!)Cameron Diaz also has the same blast that Rosamund Pike did in "Gone Girl" only with different activities.!

Permanent avatar:Courtney Thorne-Smith
Twitter account:SJCarras
MAGIC=Sarah Silverman.

@Marvelass, you need to read about the Hays Code. The MPAA is a ratings system. Certain content gets a certain rating. The Hays Code restricted content period. It dictated what you could and couldn't have/show in a movie period.

Read and Learn. The MPAA allows the content. But the Hays Code restricted it. As I said in my Post. You hardly ever see the Bad Guy win. The hays Code is not around, but its legacy is still here.

"All criminal action had to be punished, and neither the crime nor the criminal could elicit sympathy from the audience"

I Kill Kids!

Me and my sister just finished watching this movie an hour ago and we didn't put the two together until Terry looked at the letter with her husband name on it and picked up the call on Alexis phone. It was a great twist or way to piece together the puzzle.