Rutger Hauer : it's an injustice that he didnt have a better longer lasting career

it's an injustice that he didnt have a better longer lasting career

so wrong. he should have had at least a 10 years longer career being in big, hollywood action movies and such.

lukejbarnett

Re: it's an injustice that he didnt have a better longer lasting career

Rutger Hauer was acting in movies right to the end, you goddamn ****ing dumbass.

Woody Anders is the birthday man/ Hey Laddy Laddy La / He does it because it's his jam/ Hey Laddy Laddy Lo

sigh.gif you two bickering

**** you

dukejbarnett

He made more money than you ever will so what is the problem here exactly?

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

The last film I saw him in was Argento's Dracula (2012). Good film. He plays Van Helsing.

so you agree that he should have had at least a 10 year longer career in big hollywood movies than he had? i mean think about it he didn't even have a 10 year career as a big actor in action movies. he only last like 8 years or so, form nighthawks in 1981 to about the late 80s really sad i mean what happened to him did he do something bad to get himself black listed?

lukejbarnett

did he do something bad to get himself black listed?

Nah, I think he just got older. Less roles were offered. He still appeared in films during the 90s and 2000s but the 80s were his heyday.

do you agree with me that he should have had more big roles in big movies in the '90s and '00s? i mean sly can headline movies until the day he dies he is apparently going to be in one last rocky movie part 7 soon at the age of like 76 now! lol.

did you ever watch rutger in hobo with a shotgun from about 10 years ago? i heard it started as a mock trailer in the movie grindhouse. which also included other movies, machete and thanksgiving.

rutger was great in the hitcher in 1986!

lukejbarnett

do you agree with me that he should have had more big roles in big movies in the '90s and '00s?

I suppose. I liked him in Argento's Dracula (2012). To star in an Argento film is an honor and a privilege!!

did you ever watch rutger in hobo with a shotgun from about 10 years ago?

Never saw that one.

Rutger Hauer had a long and lustrous career in cinema. Work in every type of film imaginable, arthouse and genre, big budget Hollywood and cheap Indies. The man made a mark on the industry that is still relishing on some of his work. Any working actor would kill to have the career of the late great actor

he's not dead.

lukejbarnett

Yes he is.

no he's not

lukejbarnett

Did you wake up from 2018?

im saying i can choose to believe he's alive bc like the saying goes believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see in life.

lukejbarnett

200.gif?cid=790b76116g7umx3mrkoig8pnmbwk6wmtc92wvukr91ji55bf&rid=200.gif&ct=g

he DID work until he died but the caliber of movies had diminished. by the time he had a cult fans comeback for Hobo with a Shotgun he looked very different and hadn't been seen in years.

The Fearmakers Blog https://thefearmakers.blogspot.com/

I thought he had a good long career. That he had highlights doesn't I think change from its' impressive length.

This guy was an amazing actor with the ****tiest choice of projects. He was great in the late 70s/early 80s and then peaked with Blade Runner, after that he starred in mostly low-rent exploitation crap with the occasional diamond in the rough (Sin City). I don’t know why he didn’t continue a partnership with Verhoeven, he would’ve made a better Cohagen in Total Recall than Ronny Cox. He needed a better agent

https://i.ibb.co/CM60Md8/IMG-5376.jpg

He had the terrific disturbing road movie thriller The Hitcher in 1986. While not a box office hit, it was one of the best American thrillers from the 80’s and deservedly so.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Too bad he didn’t have more acclaimed roles. He should’ve been Oscar nominated at some point.

Was he in any roles that deserved an Oscar nomination? It might not have been important to him at any rate.

He deserved one for Blade Runner. He could’ve had more roles like that, because most of his filmography was questionable.

Blade Runner isn't usually the kind of movie that the Academy honor for performances. It wouldn't have even crossed their radar. 1982 was an extremely strong year for quality films and acting performances.

If Sigourney Weaver can get nominated for Aliens then no reason Hauer couldn’t for Blade Runner. ‘82 was a weak year for supporting actor nominees anyway

Sigourney was the best in a fairly weak year for lead actress. She made Aliens even better and she should have won.

she should have won.
Agreed!

Instead, typical virtue signalling Academy give it to a deaf actress for a film that no-one even cares about.

**** you

My password is password