Film General : What happened to the "Teen Sex Comedy"?

What happened to the "Teen Sex Comedy"?

It feels like this genre has disappeared. Hollywood still puts out plenty of R Rated gross-out sex comedies per year, but they are usually low fanfare and the characters are 20 somethings/30 somethings. (Think Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates). What happened to the classic teen sex comedy like American Pie? Do they just go in cycles?

Re: What happened to the "Teen Sex Comedy"?

What Callum said, most of them are garbage.

I'm not literally talking about the American Pie sequels. I'm talking about the whole genre. The last good one I remember is Superbad. Which is 10 years old now!!

Are you not entertained?!

Project X was the most recent one I can recall.

Easy A wasn't bad. Although that was about pretend sex.

PunchDrunkDumbStruckPotLuckHappyHappy

Teens aren't allowed to see them since they actually ENFORCE ratings these days. Adults aren't interested in seeing them because there's no graphic nudity or onscreen sex (which is stupid since the actresses and actor PLAYING teenagers have always been 18-25 years old).

Hollywood is probably trying to be more "responsible" now, but while I don't buy that, the trend of having "raunchy" teen sex comedies that portray teens as walking hormones isn't made any more "responsible" by NOT showing nudity and sex. I'm glad the trend of raunchy but prudish teen sex comedies that was big after 2000 is over now because those were REALLY worthless to everyone, but the 15-year-old virgins who managed to sneak into a movie theater.

"Let be be finale of seem/ The only emperor is the Emperor of Ice Cream"

1998-2007 was a great era for the "R Rated comedy". American Pie, Super Troopers, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Not Another Teen Movie, Van Wilder, Harold & Kumar, 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, etc.

Are you not entertained?!

They cant make a good one anymore.

They lost popularity.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway". - Walt Disney

They're now tweens and getting hacked up in horror type movies.

Being like everybody is the same as being nobody.

There was Project X